Jurrah quits Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Season is over and we still get bent over hard.....

Took Jurrah over Rockliff who i think was training with us until Jurrah got special permission to nominate for the draft.

I can understand his motives to want to leave, but who is giving him advice? just walking out? surely you look for a trade ect? we have stood by him for ages, if nothing else will get paid well to play SANFL i would imagine and live with his family.

Only because we didn't draft him.

Seriously though, feel pretty bad for Melbourne. Scully and Jurrah walking out after they developed them. You would hope once the season finished they'd be able to look forward to next year but the bad news keeps coming.

Well, I'm not surprised. His issues and those that his divided family are facing are larger than any football club, I can understand him wanting to be close to his family.

However, to end it like this after everything that the club has done for him is....disappointing. He must be under enormous pressure right now, but as someone else already stated it could mean nothing if he's found guilty.

Will either Adelaide or Port risk him considering what's coming up in March?

Couldn't imagine either Adelaide club would want to take the risk on.

Probably relief behind closed doors at Melbourne as well. Difficult situation they'll be happy to see the back of.

Jurrah should play at GWS, they will need a tall after Brogan goes, Giles is an 'older' ruckman, O'Hailpin and Cornes will not be too far from retirement. GWS will suddenly find themselves a few big men short, and they are currently a pretty good team when it comes to getting highly drafted Melbourne players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I'm not surprised. His issues and those that his divided family are facing are larger than any football club, I can understand him wanting to be close to his family.
Doesn't that partly validate Rendell's comments? Not that an Aboriginal player should have one white parent but that clubs should exercise due diligence in researching the family situation of any player they may draft, be they black or white.

mfc should thank their lucky stars - get to wash their hands of the whole mess and come out of it looking like the good guys. whoever advised jurrah has just destroyed his career. no way would anyone want him. i understand jurrah's motives but shows no respect to mfc and a real naivity to think he can pick and choose an afl club.

As a St. Kilda supporter I'm sure you'd know a little about "taking hits".

Quoted for irony. Talking about yourself there.

Anyway. Jurrah was crap.

No, he wasn't. But you wouldn't know, because I'm quite sure you didn't particularly see him in action over the previous three years.

And the cluster **** of a season for the MFC continues

Yep, all that's left is for a big weight to drop out of the sky and fall on us....

tumblr_m4bfpvpwUo1r5rmyvo19_r1_250.gif

mfc should thank their lucky stars - get to wash their hands of the whole mess and come out of it looking like the good guys. whoever advised jurrah has just destroyed his career. no way would anyone want him. i understand jurrah's motives but shows no respect to mfc and a real naivity to think he can pick and choose an afl club.
I do wonder whether another club would back him and risk their image as much as Melbourne did.

Oh well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jurrah quits Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back