Just not footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

*PAF said:
If I can jump to the mods defence as this has popped up in the past.
As we have young kids that can and do come onto these forums, mods have to ... well moderate with that in mind. Personal opinion would not necessarily have come into it.
As you said it was not abusive or way over the top etc, at least not what I had seen, but thems the rules and that is their job as moderators.

PAF. I know that the mods are here for a reason but they gave us this thread to post anything not concerning footy.

Yes. I know that young kids do log on and read the boards, but still, there is worse on the limbo and general discussion boards then what was posted here.

My guess is that it was taken the wrong way by an over sensitive person and I have done a check to see who logged on last night that would take offensive to some of the posts..............

Presto, that person has just waved their magical powers over a mod and the posts have been deleted.

Like I said.............. those persons really do need to get a reality check if they think that we have nothing better to do then come on here and make fun of them or even discuss them..........

shaz63 said:
PAF. I know that the mods are here for a reason but they gave us this thread to post anything not concerning footy.

Yes. I know that young kids do log on and read the boards, but still, there is worse on the limbo and general discussion boards then what was posted here.

My guess is that it was taken the wrong way by an over sensitive person and I have done a check to see who logged on last night that would take offensive to some of the posts..............

Presto, that person has just waved their magical powers over a mod and the posts have been deleted.

Like I said.............. those persons really do need to get a reality check if they think that we have nothing better to do then come on here and make fun of them or even discuss them..........
Perhaps someone did complain, I have no idea from that side of things but I thought they just tidied it up a bit just like in the past.
Then again pehaps there are more posts missing than I noticed.

*PAF said:
Perhaps someone did complain, I have no idea from that side of things but I thought they just tidied it up a bit just like in the past.
Then again pehaps there are more posts missing than I noticed.

My guess its the same person that considers that term "reality check" verbal abuse.

I was informed by DK that fun banter is permitted on here.

So where do they draw the line and why arent we permitted to see when all three port mods are on line?

I know that they are also members of BF but they should have their profile set so that we know which ones are on line at any given time so that we can pm them if required.

shaz63 said:
My guess its the same person that considers that term "reality check" verbal abuse.

I suggest you have a reality check yourself as what you have 'guessed' would be incorrect and no its was not me who deleted the posts before you carry on.

As *PAF has stated, this is also a place for young kids so we would like to make this place as user friendly as possible.

As Im sure you are aware there are other means for communicating this kind of information, email, PM or MSN for a start.

blackdiamond said:
I suggest you have a reality check yourself as what you have 'guessed' would be incorrect and no its was not me who deleted the posts before you carry on.

As *PAF has stated, this is also a place for young kids so we would like to make this place as user friendly as possible.

As Im sure you are aware there are other means for communicating this kind of information, email, PM or MSN for a start.

Ok, so you tell me who and why deleted posts that were neither abusive or obscene.

Seems to me that if you had assumed that I was referring to you and another poster here complaining about the content of the posts, then looks as if someone has a guilty conscience then.

blackdiamond said:

Oh so now we cant come on to Big Footy and post what could be seen as personal communications?? What a joke this is.

About time that you realised this place is for any member to post and that this particular thread was set up for us to discuss issues that are not concerning footy. So now all of a sudden, fun discussions are now banned as well.

Really, what the hell is happening with this website????

RoosterLad said:
BigFooty is Rated G.

There was nothing R Rated posted. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun banter between posters.

As I have said in a previous post here, there is worse posted on the general and limbo boards.

shaz63 said:
There was nothing R Rated posted. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun banter between posters.
Sorry shaz. I am as liberal as they come but one or two of the posts crossed the line.

And no, I didn’t report any of them, although I did think they were a bit gross, I’m not the reporting posts type - cep once when someone posted a picture that went waaaay over mine and everyones limits.
shaz63 said:
As I have said in a previous post here, there is worse posted on the general and limbo boards.
Yeah, but our mods don’t control those boards, they control these ones and IMO they acted appropriately. Its all about jursitiction.

morell said:
fair dinkum. who would want to be a mod.

damned if you do, damned if you dont

Morell, I have no prob with DK or Macca19. I due have a problem with BD though.

He never practices what he preaches.

shaz63 said:

That may well be true, I don’t know nor care.

I am only commenting on this situation, and if BD removed the inappropriate posts (although he stated he didn’t), than IMO he acted dutifully.

Ewww, I just realised it sounds like I’m sucking up to the mods, I feel ... so ... dirty ... An act of dissention should correct the imbalance.

HEY BD! YOU SUCK! :eek:

morell said:
That may well be true, I don’t know nor care.

I am only commenting on this situation, and if BD removed the inappropriate posts (although he stated he didn’t), than IMO he acted dutifully.

Ewww, I just realised it sounds like I’m sucking up to the mods, I feel ... so ... dirty ... An act of dissention should correct the imbalance.

HEY BD! YOU SUCK! :eek:
Yeah, never crawl, give it to them scumbag mods morrey, after all they do get paid for being mods.
When was the last time any of them paid for an Avatar hey hey?. :D :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*PAF said:
Yeah, never crawl, give it to them scumbag mods morrey, after all they do get paid for being mods.
Scumbags. :D :D

:eek: You're joking!

hahahah! that is hilarious. How much? Is there ever any "Mod Pay Disputes". Does Macca get more than DK?

c’mon Mods, spill the beans, how much are you on! I want to see a fully transparent board report with breakdowns on earnings. What’s the mod budget? Can we hire and fire them? So many questions!

And here I was just thinking they were just founding members or something. BigFooty just keeps on surprising.

Well done mods on cleaning up this thread and removing the juvenile nonsense. :thumbsu:

In case anyone is wondering I did not report any posts although I think anyone who may have would have been correct to do so. I think the two individuals involved may have been acting out some feelings of defiance.

I posted my disapproval in a quiet way by suggesting that sort of nonsense is better discussed over the phone. I would have been happy to see those posts stay by way of taking responsibility.

shaz63 said:
Can the mod that deleted posts from here explain why and tell us exactly what is allowed on this thread PLEASE.

Nothing abusive was posted and if it was taken the wrong way by a few over sensitive members......................

I will just have to post my favourite three words of the month................

REALITY CHECK REQUIRED :D

Yes you do seem to require a REALITY CHECK given this is a site for all ages..............

I deleted the posts due to their suggestive nature as we have quite a few kids that read/post on the site.

Sure there was no abuse in any of the posts but the suggestive nature of the posts is something we have no interest in seeing on Bigfooty Team boards which are primarily for discussing the game and our clubs.

As a reminder you may want to re-read through the Forum Rules you agreed to abide by when you joined this site and can be found at
Forum Rules

There are plenty of other websites around that will suit banter like that including The Limbo Club which is much more appropriate for the type of posts that have been removed.

shaz63 said:

As long as it still conforms to the site rules..........your posts clearly didn't.

shaz63 said:

As we've said over and over again we do not have any control over other boards and we control this board based on how the majority of Port posters here want it run.

shaz63 said:

No it was clearly suggestive and we are not interested in seeing posts like that on this board.

shaz63 said:

Still making this garbage up as it's not based on any facts at all.

shaz63 said:

Perhaps you should look at what this site is primarily for and re-read the rules and conditions you agreed when you joined the site..........we're not interested in wasting our time on garbage like this.

shaz63 said:

Again your guesses are wrong..........

shaz63 said:
I was informed by DK that fun banter is permitted on here.

Fun banter is as long as it abides by the site rules......suggestive adult talk isn't and has been removed.

shaz63 said:
So where do they draw the line and why arent we permitted to see when all three port mods are on line?

Common sense normally covers it on top of the rules you agreed to abide by when you joined Bigfooty.

shaz63 said:
I know that they are also members of BF but they should have their profile set so that we know which ones are on line at any given time so that we can pm them if required.

Wrong again as we can't have our profile set to off line so we always are showing up as online when we are here..............

shaz63 said:
Ok, so you tell me who and why deleted posts that were neither abusive or obscene.

Seems to me that if you had assumed that I was referring to you and another poster here complaining about the content of the posts, then looks as if someone has a guilty conscience then.

Stop guessing and posting incorrect speculation.......

If you have an issue with the mods pm us and we will deal with it

If you don't like how we deal with things you can contact the site owner by clicking on the Contact Us link at the top of each page or go to other sites like suggested above that are more tolerant to posts like we had to delete for breaking the site rules.

shaz63 said:
Oh so now we cant come on to Big Footy and post what could be seen as personal communications?? What a joke this is.
Bigfooty was never designed for personal discussions in the nature of the removed posts......Bigfooty was designed to discuss footy........there are plenty of other sites and software that will allow you to post like the deleted posts.

shaz63 said:
About time that you realised this place is for any member to post and that this particular thread was set up for us to discuss issues that are not concerning footy. So now all of a sudden, fun discussions are now banned as well.
No only posts that break the rules as the ones deleted clearly did.

shaz63 said:
Really, what the hell is happening with this website????
We're running it how it's been run for quite a few years as the majority of posters on the Port board are NOT interested in personal banter or topcis that are clearly covered on other boards.

If the majority of Port posters want that changed it will be addressed at the end of the year when we review the year and ask for input on what they want to see on our board.

shaz63 said:

The suggestive nature of the posts was clearly not G rated...........

shaz63 said:

And we're not stopping you from posting on those boards..........

shaz63 said:

Well BD had nothing to do with what happened here as I deleted the posts........also by having a problem with how one of us does things means you have a problem with all of us as we agree on all decisions made.

shaz63 said:

Perhaps you should re-read the site rules that you agreed to when you signed up here..........no-one is forcing you to post here so if you don't like how we run things on the Port board there are plenty of other forums on the internet.

*PAF said:

Have they been sending my weekly cheque to you........

*PAF said:
When was the last time any of them paid for an Avatar hey hey?. :D :D

Plenty of others haven't/don't pay for avatars either if they have won a competition or helped the administrators out in some way.

dreamkillers said:
Have they been sending my weekly cheque to you........

Plenty of others haven't/don't pay for avatars either if they have won a competition or helped the administrators out in some way.
I think they're joking, DK. God knows you earn your avatars. (btw you should update yours to accurately reflect current haircuts.)

It’s the DK wrecking ball!

man, do you get a bonus for complete and utter destruction or something?

Like your work though and I am in complete agreement that the posts you deleted were inappropriate.

How much do you get for being a mod dk? C’mon... out with it! It’s ok, we won’t tell anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just not footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back