Just not footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaz - Check out point 3 in the Bigfooty Rules. Ill highlight the appropriate bit here:

"Keep it topical. Keep your posts on the topic of the thread. If there is a new subject you want to cover search for a thread in progress on that topic or start a new one. Idle back-and-forth chit chat is best left for chat rooms. Avoid it on this discussion board except for in The Limbo Club board."

Leaving insular personal discussions to PM, MSN etc. has been one of the rules of Bigfooty since the very start.

Sandola said:
I think they're joking, DK. God knows you earn your avatars. (btw you should update yours to accurately reflect current haircuts.)

I knew that as *PAF is in our local supporters group up here........I'll be joking back at him on Saturday night when we give everyone else in our group free drinks at half time........:D

I just get sick of the pettiness and childish behaviour of a few of our adult posters on here given it takes up time when I would prefer to be joining in discussions on our board.......

Unfortunately over the last month TOO many hours have been spent dealing with adults acting worse than kindegarten kids on our board which I am totally sick of and if it continues I'll happily walk away from the site permanently.

dreamkillers said:
I knew that as *PAF is in our local supporters group up here........I'll be joking back at him on Saturday night when we give everyone else in our group free drinks at half time........:D

I just get sick of the pettiness and childish behaviour of a few of our adult posters on here given it takes up time when I would prefer to be joining in discussions on our board.......

Unfortunately over the last month TOO many hours have been spent dealing with adults acting worse than kindegarten kids on our board which I am totally sick of and if it continues I'll happily walk away from the site permanently.

egads! Obviously whatever wicket you're on it isn't enough. :(

I think it’s time for a Moderator Strike!

Together! ... United! ... The Mods Will never be defeated! ... Together!...

morell said:
It’s the DK wrecking ball!

Pity it's manual work and not with a wrecking ball...........:D

morell said:
man, do you get a bonus for complete and utter destruction or something?

Like your work though and I am in complete agreement that the posts you deleted were inappropriate.

The bonus we get is the actual footy discussions on the board which we enjoy getting involved with...........unfortunately we've had to put up with petty garbage recently which has me close to walking away from the site completely.

morell said:
How much do you get for being a mod dk? C’mon... out with it! It’s ok, we won’t tell anyone.

All the lottery tickets each week that don't win a prize.........:D

dreamkillers said:
Have they been sending my weekly cheque to you........

Ha, next you'll tell us you're doing it for the love, just like you said when you worked as a bouncer at the local ... well shall we call it "happy house" to keep it 'G' rated. :p :D

morell said:
egads! Obviously whatever wicket you're on it isn't enough. :(

I think it’s time for a Moderator Strike!

Together! ... United! ... The Mods Will never be defeated! ... Together!...

^^^ Hehe.
Spoken like a true wharfie. :D :D

Fair comment that some of the posts got a little suggestive. No problem with that. Obscure references to South American geography might be sufficiently oblique to slip under most peoples' radar, but the following posts did get a little , er, let's say, grown up.....

What makes me laugh though is that this banter had been going back and forth since very late Saturday night.
Suddenly, a remark appears about ' puppy dogs ' three days later - and , voila! Out comes the censor.
Doesn't make a lot of sense. Or maybe it does. But rather than get myself embroiled in another fracas with the mods, I'll simply just say Mum's the word.
What do you reckon, Shaz?:D

dreamkillers said:
Again your guesses are wrong..........

Wrong again as we can't have our profile set to off line so we always are showing up as online when we are here..............

Sorry but you are wrong on this occasion DK. If you look at BD's profile, he has it set so that no-one can see when he is on-line. If you look at the members list and want to see when he was last, it states N/A.

So there fore, us members do not no when BD is on line or not.

shaz63 said:
Sorry but you are wrong on this occasion DK. If you look at BD's profile, he has it set so that no-one can see when he is on-line. If you look at the members list and want to see when he was last, it states N/A.

So there fore, us members do not no when BD is on line or not.

Well that is the fault of the administrators that we will follow up on...........that said I really don't see why you need to see if we are online or not.

When you send a pm we also get notified in other ways so if you want us to do something you should always send it to all 3 of us and it will be dealt with ASAP..........pretty simple really.

Re: Ot : Thunderbirds Netball Grand Final

Always a hard game for us.

Just didnt think we would be getting beaten like this though :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They also lost the coach as well.

After year 10's of being the coach of the Thunderbirds, Marg Angove called it quits.

ADELAIDE Thunderbirds lost a grand final - and a coach - last night.

The undefeated and merciless Sydney Swifts, playing at home, crushed the Thunderbirds by 29 goals in the grand final.

The 65-36 loss provided a sad farewell to Marg Angove, who made the shock decision to end her 10-year reign at the helm of the Thunderbirds.

She told the players of her decision after the grand final, but had already decided not to seek another contract.

"I think it's time to move on," Angove said.

"I have thought about this decision for a while but did not want to disrupt our preparation for the grand final.''

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,20334167-5006301,00.html

Frank Spencer Clone said:
You guys won't be discussing this subject at the club tonight, now, will you?

Why??? Do you have a sudden interest in the game??

Since we are there to watch the Power take on Freo, Im sure that the game wont be mentioned unless someone enquires about the game.

So what do you have for Xmas morning breakfast? I just reread this thread and was after some cinamon toast-type recipes.

Carn guys, make me hungry.

Oysters Killpatric
Seafood Cocktails
Cold chicken platter
and some clear bubbly stuff that we use to call leg opener

Having BBQ over the road with most of the neighbours.

Prawns, snags, croissants with homemade strawberry jam, pancakes and
yes Nat..............Cinnamon toast.

Plus lots of grog........:p

Then home for the lunch time bbq.

Oh, mustnt forget my homemade Tiramisu with one hell of a kick to it.:D

After the early morning gift giving at home we generally go down to the Bay to friends and have a huge breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, fruit etc etc. We catch up with a few people we haven't seen for twelve months.

Then it's back home to finish preparing lunch which most years consists of pork, turkey and roast vegetables etc.

It used to be that we would then front up to my sisters for my family's do. Thankfully we put a stop to two family do's on the one day.

Best thing about Christmas food is picking through the leftovers for the next few days. No need to cook with a hangover. Just adopt the horizontal position in front of the telly with beer at the ready and enjoy the cricket and Sydney Hobart yacht race.

I was at the Palmer pub last night for an 8 ball competition and found out the pub is now owned by Russell Eberts brother. Will certainly be supporting that pub more often now, great little place :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Just not footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back