Just not footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Predictions: Port vs Bulldogs

gbear said:
I have been around, however my time is being significantly occupied with full time uni and part time work this year. Can't wait to complete my degree and have more time on my hands. Hopefully there will be less Sunday games and more Saturday night games next season so I can get along to the games.
Good luck with it gbear. I too am hoping for more night games next year as I work most Saturdays and Sundays now. Shall we put in a joint submission to the AFL?

portentous said:
Good luck with it gbear. I too am hoping for more night games next year as I work most Saturdays and Sundays now. Shall we put in a joint submission to the AFL?

A joint submission sounds like a fantastic idea, as I have to work every Saturday and Sunday till 4.

I just read this thread for the first time and will get in before this thread is locked which I'm sure it will be as it looks like some people can't let things rest. I have often had a shot at the crows board for this kind of rubbish, I would just like to thank you all for now spoiling my fun because If I said that again I would look like a hypocrite.

Paralowiepower said:
I just read this thread for the first time and will get in before this thread is locked which I'm sure it will be as it looks like some people can't let things rest. I have often had a shot at the crows board for this kind of rubbish, I would just like to thank you all for now spoiling my fun because If I said that again I would look like a hypocrite.

I agree. Let's not fight amongst ourselves like the Crows supporters.

Bresh said:
Something that makes reference to your person completely out of context with football/internet. Obviously some of you folks know eachother, so if personal barbs are used in arguments on here, it's not really on.

Conversely, if the abuse you refer to is just a bit of back-and-forth purely in this context, for example calling someone's argument or post moronic et cetera (I think all of us have done this, here and elsewhere), I think anyone throwing a tanty over that is a bit precious.
I would define it as any example of playing the man and not the ball.
Any incidence where someone takes the thread off topic in order to ' get at ' the individual they are targeting.
I haven't seen to many examples of , as you put it, back and forth purely in context. What I have seen is a lot of extremely vitriolic, personally insulting comments which have sweet FA to do with the subject being discussed and are ,instead, a blatant attempt to cause a flame war by throwing jibes at someone over an issue that is likely to cause a hostile reaction.
The worst thing is that it is always the same perpetrators - and somehow or another, they keep getting away with it.

OK, well, I haven't seen anything with much ill-toward, unless it has already been removed. Unless you're counting people clearly mucking around with "Sign Choco up for life!" remarks and whatnot. Bottom line, if you aren't a massive fan of the people that supposedly dish it out, then it shouldn't be a struggle to not dignify it with a response.

Bresh said:
OK, well, I haven't seen anything with much ill-toward, unless it has already been removed. Unless you're counting people clearly mucking around with "Sign Choco up for life!" remarks and whatnot. Bottom line, if you aren't a massive fan of the people that supposedly dish it out, then it shouldn't be a struggle to not dignify it with a response.
Just a couple of things on this.
The people ' clearly mucking around with ' sign Choco up for life ' - or should I say the individual - has a long track record of stirring up ill will and hostility on this forum, as well as attempting to perpetuate personal grievances by lagging reregistered account names to the admin and spraying them all around the forum so as the idiots and trolls can continue their tirades.

Bottom line? Personal abuse is supposedly against the forum rules. So it is a mystery to me how these clowns escape bans, when their targets cop them.
Something is dreadfully wrong somewhere.

This is the internet. I think you care too much.

Bresh said:
This is the internet. I think you care too much.
No, actually I don't, but I do get a little miffed when this sort of thing goes unchecked and our hosts dish out threatening emails and PMs to the targets of the abuse.
I think that's just a little bit wrong, no?

Frank Spencer Clone said:
No, actually I don't, but I do get a little miffed when this sort of thing goes unchecked and our hosts dish out threatening emails and PMs to the targets of the abuse.
There are plenty of other sites to visit if you find it so odious.

Sure... but I would be surprised if you haven't done something to receive those PMs, even if the treatment of posters inconsistent. So don't do anything, don't get any PMs... You say the retaliator is the one who cops it. So don't retaliate. Hopefully a bi-product of that is that we will have less threads hi-jacked by whoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

missionpossible said:
I am guessing he butters the top side

To bloody hard to butter the bottom side

Easy

Butter the top side, then turn it over so now the bottom side is buttered.
Then butter the top side so now we have our bread buttered on both sides.
Then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, use a slide to get it off bench and pop the bread under a grill to toast ( or sandwich maker)

Just lovely

Pinepower said:
Easy

Butter the top side, then turn it over so now the bottom side is buttered.
Then butter the top side so now we have our bread buttered on both sides.
Then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, use a slide to get it off bench and pop the bread under a grill to toast ( or sandwich maker)

Just lovely

Now you have made me bloody hungry.

If I'd known you could have had the crumbly one.

Now I'm going off to watch the first quarter of Saturday night while having a beer. Should only take one mouthful to cleanse out the sweetness of those almond fingers.

Yeah, that's what everybody thinks.
Fact is though - you're wrong.

Of course he is wrong. People on here dont seem to realise that the same ones start the flame wars by posting snide little comments which the person its directed at can only take so much before replying.

Trouble is, as soon as you reply to those tools that get away with the continual b ullsh it, the powers to be sit there and send pms to the ones that its all directed at.

We are told to put them on the ignore function. Why should we. Why dont they get warned or even better banned!

We have been told by some that we arent allowed to have an opinion regarding Choco. Why?? What happened to freedom of speech?? Yes, I will be jumped on and told that we do say what we think about Choco. What Im trying to say is, we are sent pms or emails telling us that we should get behind the club and support the coach. I support my club but Im not a Choco fan as you all know and will continue to voice my opinion of him here when needed.

So yes, we do receive pms telling us to cut the abuse but what about the once that start the wars?? They seem to get away with it everytime without as much of a slap on the wrist.

One other thing, I have been told numerous times that what is said on these boards stays on these boards. About time the people that have said this to me live up to what they preach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaz63 said:
Of course he is wrong. People on here dont seem to realise that the same ones start the flame wars by posting snide little comments which the person its directed at can only take so much before replying.
When what they should be doing is reporting the posts and let them be dealt with under the agreement ALL Users here consented to when becoming a member of Bigfooty.............something we still haven't seen much of despite continued accusations.

shaz63 said:
Trouble is, as soon as you reply to those tools that get away with the continual b ullsh it, the powers to be sit there and send pms to the ones that its all directed at.
Absolute utter garbage...........just because we don't discuss the actions taken in public doesn't mean warnings/suspensions/bans aren't used but given we still only average 1-2 reported posts a week I can assure you they are always dealt with when reported.

Please remember ALL deleted/edited posts can be viewed in their original format by moderators of a board and administrators of the site so the evidence is always on hand to back up the decisions made by us - and that shows BOTH sides of the argument breaking the sites rules.

shaz63 said:
We are told to put them on the ignore function. Why should we. Why dont they get warned or even better banned!
You have no idea on who has and hasn't been warned/suspended etc as we do not discuss this with other users.......your comment is just idle speculation which is nothing like the truth.

shaz63 said:
We have been told by some that we arent allowed to have an opinion regarding Choco. Why?? What happened to freedom of speech?? Yes, I will be jumped on and told that we do say what we think about Choco. What Im trying to say is, we are sent pms or emails telling us that we should get behind the club and support the coach. I support my club but Im not a Choco fan as you all know and will continue to voice my opinion of him here when needed.
No-one has said you can't have an opinion of Choco......it's when people on BOTH sides of the argument go for the petty perosnal abuse instead of discussing the facts and no matter what you say BOTH sides of the pro/anti Choco debate have been guilty of this..........

shaz63 said:
So yes, we do receive pms telling us to cut the abuse but what about the once that start the wars?? They seem to get away with it everytime without as much of a slap on the wrist.
Haven't seen you reporting many of these 'supposed' posts and those that have been reported have been dealt with............BOTH sides of the argument have been guilty of breaking the site rules and BOTH sides of the arguement are being dealt with.

shaz63 said:
One other thing, I have been told numerous times that what is said on these boards stays on these boards. About time the people that have said this to me live up to what they preach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About time people on both sides of the debate GROW UP as I've had enough of the childish behaviour of people on both sides of the debate.

With this continued garbage I have NO INTEREST in being involved with this site so unless BOTH sides of the equation clean up there act I'll have no issue walking away from here and let the children continue with their juvenile tirades instead of the good footy discussion this board was known for up until this season.

I don't want to extend the debate, but just to support the mods here; I have been formally warned by the mods and accept that my behaviour has been inappriopriate at times. I accept my portion of the blame for what has gone on here.

Just to clarify any accusations of so-called bias, as I know that the mods don't publicly state what actions have been taken.

Now how about the mods here get some peace and the threads stay on-track? It'll no doubt help that I'm off on holidays from tomorrow and highly unlikely to return to bigfooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just not footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back