Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Those forgetting the past are doomed to repeat them

So yes we look forward.. but dont ever forget what came before.
That is certainly not a trait of the Dockers fans. In fact we hold onto to long.We look back and forget where we are going, As supporters that is.
I am always a glass half full in regards to Fremantle.

You learn the lessons, but you don't dwell in the misery.

The majority of our list wasn't even born in 1995. Everything up until about 10 years ago is completely irrelevant. And the 5 years after that is only relevant for the current players that were around then.
IT not the players that are at fault is the Governing body. of FFC.

Those who make the decisions.

That is the past we must not forget.

The club keeps promosing us change, but we keep going in circles. Not the players fault

But yes live in Optimism it can only lead you on

I will live in my Realism world. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

That is certainly not a trait of the Dockers fans. In fact we hold onto to long.We look back and forget where we are going, As supporters that is.
I am always a glass half full in regards to Fremantle.
the glasss is both half full and half empty.

IF it is being filled it is half full. if we drinking from the glass it is half empty.

So presumably as we are Premirership bound Glass is half full

We will remembver this conversation at end of 2026 an discover what is the TRUTH HALF empy or HALF FULL

IT not the players that are at fault is the Governing body. of FFC.

Those who make the decisions.

That is the past we must not forget.

The club keeps promosing us change, but we keep going in circles. Not the players fault

But yes live in Optimism it can only lead you on

I will live in my Realism world. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
Even the administrators are long gone.

It's not healthy to live is despair. There are literal peer reviewed studies that proves optimism is better.

"Realism" would be considering the data, which I don't think you're doing if you're this down on the club.

The future is as bright as it has even been. Guarantees nothing, but certainly should make you hopeful.

Last edited:
Even the administrators are long gone.

It's not healthy to live is despair. There are literal peer reviewed studies that proves optimism is better.

"Realism" would be considering the data, which I don't think you're doing if you're this down on the club.
ive been a fully paid member of the DOCKERS since joining as a QUAT CLUB member in 1994.

I know the data. and whilst it looks ok for young people playing well. we have done the same before.
WE played in a GF
We won a minor premiership

WE have played and lost some great games.

On and on the list goes.

Yes lots of good things to see for 30 yrs.

Our first Derby win was so emotional . After the Mothers day massacre of our earlier days.

Oh truly reviewiing data shows the names may have changed in ADMIN but they got the SAME ATTITUDES of the ADMIN higher ups. Tell the fans we are improving . tell the fans it is all in hand

IT not the end of the world to lose a game of football. no one should be in DESPAIR. But never put down those that have travelled the journey and are feeling very weak in OPTIMISM because it been burned so many times before.

Optimists are like sailors who sit all day excited while the yacht doesn move when the wind changed directions as the optimisist knowd the winds will turn again soon
The pessimists are the ones that sit there and grumble and make no plans at all as they cnat see any
Realsits. change the sails and tac and move in another direction for a period and adapt to the changes.

Optimist are happy no matter whether we win lose or draw as they see a future where we do
Pessimists never happy no matter whether we win lose or draw as they see only the past.
Realists are happy when we win, sad when lose or draw as they see today and enjoy the moment and plan on how to stop losing so less sadness

ive been a fully paid member of the DOCKERS since joining as a QUAT CLUB member in 1994.

I know the data. and whilst it looks ok for young people playing well. we have done the same before.
WE played in a GF
We won a minor premiership

WE have played and lost some great games.

On and on the list goes.

Yes lots of good things to see for 30 yrs.

Our first Derby win was so emotional . After the Mothers day massacre of our earlier days.

Oh truly reviewiing data shows the names may have changed in ADMIN but they got the SAME ATTITUDES of the ADMIN higher ups. Tell the fans we are improving . tell the fans it is all in hand

IT not the end of the world to lose a game of football. no one should be in DESPAIR. But never put down those that have travelled the journey and are feeling very weak in OPTIMISM because it been burned so many times before.

Optimists are like sailors who sit all day excited while the yacht doesn move when the wind changed directions as the optimisist knowd the winds will turn again soon
The pessimists are the ones that sit there and grumble and make no plans at all as they cnat see any
Realsits. change the sails and tac and move in another direction for a period and adapt to the changes.

Optimist are happy no matter whether we win lose or draw as they see a future where we do
Pessimists never happy no matter whether we win lose or draw as they see only the past.
Realists are happy when we win, sad when lose or draw as they see today and enjoy the moment and plan on how to stop losing so less sadness
Nobody is putting down anybody.

A realist can only be so if completely detached from the emotion of the situation. And judging by the content of your post, you're anything but detached from the emotion. I'd like to think I am a realist, but acknowledge I am compromised on Freo, usually negatively (destroys my tipping).

That general admin messaging happens at all clubs. And even if there were some seemingly ingrained administrative incompetence, just consider how long between drinks (flags) there were for:
  • Richmond
  • Dees
  • Dogs

There is no insurmountable obstacle stopping us.

Nobody is putting down anybody.

A realist can only be so if completely detached from the emotion of the situation. And judging by the content of your post, you're anything but detached from the emotion. I'd like to think I am a realist, but acknowledge I am compromised on Freo, usually negatively (destroys my tipping).

That general admin messaging happens at all clubs. And even if there were some seemingly ingrained administrative incompetence, just consider how long between drinks (flags) there were for:
  • Richmond
  • Dees
  • Dogs

There is no insurmountable obstacle stopping us.
I never tip as i know Freo will lose but i hope they win so i would tip them to win and lose money .

A REALIST

Allwoing your emotion to show good and bad is a REALIST. Sad when we lose. happy when we win as i stated above.

Realism is not about not feeling. it is about acknowledgign the truth of the present. Happy or SAD jsut acknowlege it

But nto here to convinvce you . you do as you feel to do

I never tip as i know Freo will lose but i hope they win so i would tip them to win and lose money .

A REALIST

Allwoing your emotion to show good and bad is a REALIST. Sad when we lose. happy when we win as i stated above.

Realism is not about not feeling. it is about acknowledgign the truth of the present. Happy or SAD jsut acknowlege it

But nto here to convinvce you . you do as you feel to do
I don't mean your reaction to the results, I mean the emotion involved when judging a likely future.

You outlined at length all of the historical baggage you carry because of Freo (fair enough, most of us are there with you) and then try and tell me it has nothing to do with rating us going forward? This is the point I am making.

I don't mean your reaction to the results, I mean the emotion involved when judging a likely future.

You outlined at length all of the historical baggage you carry because of Freo (fair enough, most of us are there with you) and then try and tell me it has nothing to do with rating us going forward? This is the point I am making.
I have not said Fremantle will NEVEr win a FLAG

We jsut unlikely to do it in the next 2-3 yrs unless something changes.

History repeats itself until change is done

No change i can see so far.

We have had champion midfields and Champion Fowrwads and champion backs before

WE have had good nice coaches before (Remember Gerald Neesham)

what we need is an attitude from the CLUB (not the players ) that therre is no second prize.
Do all we can ti win and keep winning

Not just one PRemiership. lets aim for 20 .

Dreams are great to have. but as realist the first thing to do to make your dream come true is WAKE UP

I have not said Fremantle will NEVEr win a FLAG

We jsut unlikely to do it in the next 2-3 yrs unless something changes.

History repeats itself until change is done

No change i can see so far.

We have had champion midfields and Champion Fowrwads and champion backs before

WE have had good nice coaches before (Remember Gerald Neesham)

what we need is an attitude from the CLUB (not the players ) that therre is no second prize.
Do all we can ti win and keep winning

Not just one PRemiership. lets aim for 20 .

Dreams are great to have. but as realist the first thing to do to make your dream come true is WAKE UP
The change was made with Garlic and JL. I honestly can't fathom how any fan thinks we're doing things the same we always have.

I also can't believe you couldn't have noticed JL's change in demeanour this year.

It's all there if you want to see it.

The change was made with Garlic and JL. I honestly can't fathom how any fan thinks we're doing things the same we always have.

I also can't believe you couldn't have noticed JL's change in demeanour this year.

or it isnt there unless you told it there.

JL is the same man he been since he started Assitant coaching. no real change.

Garlic has changed the clubs directions ? He promised us a decade of we would never forget . So did all the previous leaders.
I dont forget any of the first three decades. Seems the fourth will be unforgetabble too

So what changes did Garlic bring in ?

Happy to hear as i havetn seen anything

or it isnt there unless you told it there.

JL is the same man he been since he started Assitant coaching. no real change.

Garlic has changed the clubs directions ? He promised us a decade of we would never forget . So did all the previous leaders.
I dont forget any of the first three decades. Seems the fourth will be unforgetabble too

So what changes did Garlic bring in ?

Happy to hear as i havetn seen anything

Agree to disagree I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you think playing banflield every week is a sign of maturity and change from JLO

Not to mention losing the first quarter virtually every game in the last few years and now the trend of the last quarters

He is a reactive coach and we need proactive to have a Plan B if things arent going well during a game

So you think playing banflield every week is a sign of maturity and change from JLO

Not to mention losing the first quarter virtually every game in the last few years and now the trend of the last quarters

He is a reactive coach and we need proactive to have a Plan B if things arent going well during a game

You literally sound like a fan of any given team after a loss. Seriously, go read some autopsy threads after losses (pick a top 4 team) and see if you can't play bingo with all the stuff you wrote. Doubt you make it to the 2nd page without ticking them all off.

This wheeloratings website (I don't know whether it's reputable or not) seems to suggest there has been a substantial positive shift in our offensive profile, while retaining our defensive strength in comparison to the rest of the competition. Screenshot_20240819_183949_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240819_184018_Chrome.jpg

first real season of our forward line together with treacy, jackson, amiss and sturt showing a lot of chemistry and becoming a real strength of ours. still clearly lacking a small crumber and the pressure of 2022 is missing big time but we are much more potent now which is a necessity come finals.

our midfield has seen a massive jump from last year in perfomance and with youngs first full year in the guts we see how pivotal he is to our success. weve also seen a switch mid year with young, serong, brayshaw all consistently hitting the scoreboard.

tough to swallow these close losses but with a full hand of picks we can bring in some elite talent to tick us over into bonafide conteders next season
Yes, when questioned by media over the dual rucks JLo countered by saying we really havent had a chance to see the Triple J structure gel up forward. So, when Hodor goes down, what does he do? He takes the Unicorn out of the forward line and has him bashed up in the ruck. This is not Harry hindsight, many on here, including myself were saying he needed to leave the structure alone and replace a ruck with a ruck.
Replace a Fyfe with a Brodie.
Its not that hard.
He makes SO many mistakes.

The one good thing is that most of his mistakes are sort of acknowleged in the pressers but its always about 3 weeks after every one else has already noticed it and called for change.

Same happens in- game. Commentators notice someone needs to be tagged first quarter. JLo does nothing until the 4th. Hogan just wanders over to Draper and Cox allows it. Cox was either injured in which case he should have been dragged or he was not injured in which case he should have been dragged.

So many mistakes.

So many positives for JLo as an assistant coach or as a father figure coach with a tiger assistant underneath him but the current situation is dire. Not because we are bad but because we simply could be much better.

Does anyone seriously think we would be sitting in 9th if Mcrae or Mitchell or Hardwick or Longmire or Lyon or Scott were our coaches??

We have now wasted Fyfe and Sonnys chances for this year and thats probably it for them now. I dont want the same to be said for Moose and Ryan. We cant wait another year to see how JLo goes. The improvement in his coaching needs to be over this offseason. If the board cant orchestrate that then he should go.

Who exactly is available to take over from Longmuir when he’s apparently sacked at the end of the year?

You can pull out a wish list, but who actually is available?

Who exactly is available to take over from Longmuir when he’s apparently sacked at the end of the year?

You can pull out a wish list, but who actually is available?
In that highly unlikely event, I reckon we go back to the highly rated assistants. No doubt we'd ask about C.Scott and maybe Horse (although given the Swans Q1s not sure he'd be that well received) but get told no.

I don't gamble, but I'd bet money there is no chance he gets sacked in 2024.
It sort of reeks like Chris Connolly era of 2002-7.

Hell it would be on Par with Mark Harvey of mid 2007- end of 2011. He got us a similar finals success. 1 year out of 5 of finals. Mind you that was a 2010 elim final win vs the hawks and lost the semi final the next week at the mcg to the cats.

Justin Longmuir got us that 2022 elim final vs the dogs and we lost to the magpies in a semi final the next week.

In that highly unlikely event, I reckon we go back to the highly rated assistants. No doubt we'd ask about C.Scott and maybe Horse (although given the Swans Q1s not sure he'd be that well received) but get told no.
Would Horse continue coaching once he steps down from the swans.

I suspect he might move into an ambassador role or off field role in the club.

I don't think he would want to coach at another club after being at the swans for 20+ years now.

last chance saloon for justin in 25.

no finals no job.
Yep I think that's fair barring a Tiger's 2024 style injury run.

Would Horse continue coaching once he steps down from the swans.

I suspect he might move into an ambassador role or off field role in the club.

I don't think he would want to coach at another club after being at the swans for 20+ years now.
No idea, but we'd have to ask as all clubs would.

We’d have to do something pretty special to find a replacement that’s better tbh. That’s unless Jaymie Graham is a much better coach than JL.

Look at how many are turning the eagles and their reasoning. I don’t think the eagles are missing out because their list sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back