Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 A graders out of an 8 year rebuild.

That's so deflating. Even Carlton have 6 or 7.
Especially considering in that time we’ve traded out the following A graders:

Neale
Cerra
B Hill
Langdon

We got the picks that netted us Amiss and Serong out of the Cerra and Hill trades so I will call that a win.
Neale for Hogan was a disaster and clearly a loss.
Langdon netted us two picks we ended up using in the bid match for Henry plus I think the 2020 second rounder that got us NOD. So we gave up an A grade winger for two B grade at best wingers.

On the flip side we got Brayshaw for Weller which is a massive win.

I honestly think it’s youth and inexperience at this point. We’ve traded out experience for a shit tonne of potential. If my earlier list of future A graders come on as expected and say Ryan and Cox play at their peaks we could have 9 or 10 A graders in our B22 by 2025/26.

Longmuir just sits there looking disappointed, has absolutely 0 emotion on game day. Not the right coach, sack him now and get someone in that actually gives 2 shits about how the team plays
I think he gives a lot more than 2 shits
He wants it bad
Just needs more Mal Brown in him

I would suggest Jackson will be A grade, just so far our cards haven't fallen the way we expected.
If we didn't take him West Coast would've, but these high priced WA home boys are usually a bust lbh
Kelly, Jackson, Hogan, McCarthy etc

I would suggest Jackson will be A grade, just so far our cards haven't fallen the way we expected.
If we didn't take him West Coast would've, but these high priced WA home boys are usually a bust lbh
Kelly, Jackson, Hogan, McCarthy etc
It's a bit hit and miss isn't it. Kennedy and McFarlin were both rippers, but that's going back a few years.

I just don't think clubs need to sell the farm to bring players in anymore. If a player wants to get to a club - they will.

The Jordan Dawson/Ed Langdon trades should be the blueprint now. Not the Jackson or Kelly trades.

As a side-note - I think we did very well out of the Lobb trade. They could have offered us a 3rd Rounder (like GWS for Hogan) and we would have taken it.

Especially considering in that time we’ve traded out the following A graders:

Neale
Cerra
B Hill
Langdon

We got the picks that netted us Amiss and Serong out of the Cerra and Hill trades so I will call that a win.
Neale for Hogan was a disaster and clearly a loss.
Langdon netted us two picks we ended up using in the bid match for Henry plus I think the 2020 second rounder that got us NOD. So we gave up an A grade winger for two B grade at best wingers.

On the flip side we got Brayshaw for Weller which is a massive win.

I honestly think it’s youth and inexperience at this point. We’ve traded out experience for a s**t tonne of potential. If my earlier list of future A graders come on as expected and say Ryan and Cox play at their peaks we could have 9 or 10 A graders in our B22 by 2025/26.
Hill , Langdon A Graders?

Collingwood definitely put the cue in the rack at halftime.

Reckon a couple of big losses at home will have Jlo papers stamped.

Whispers going around and were early in the year too. Two player meetings with him in the year now regarding gameplan/personnel.

Reckon we are prepared to see him go into 2024, but also sack him if there’s a better option available.

With regards to Bell he’s just far too inexperienced and cocky for the role of GM.

At the time Hill had recently won a Doig Medal and Langdon has been of the better wingers in the league for quite some time now.
Hill had his moments and was flying before he left us. Langdon, good solid winger, nothing near A grade but if he could kick like Gulden he would be considered top shelf.

Hill at Optus is. He won our BnF in 2017. Metricon is a graveyard for him. Was always going to be.

Langdon is one of the best wings in the game.
You mean Marvel, or is he playing for GC now. Anyhow, I don’t understand sometimes, this knack to throw labels at players, whether it’s media calling every plodder a “star” or calling players A graders who really aren’t by any stretch. A grade players need to, in my opinion at least, be absolute elite in at least one of the key skills - kicking or handballing. Ed Langdon has neither and the only elite skill he possesses is running. That he’s one of the best wingers in game right now probably says more about current generation of wingers.

Hill had his moments and was flying before he left us. Langdon, good solid winger, nothing near A grade but if he could kick like Gulden he would be considered top shelf.
Yeah fair point re Langdon’s kicking. Although there wouldn’t be many players in the entire comp who can kick like Gulden.

I suppose the point I was highlighting is that we’ve replaced most of the A graders we’ve traded out except the wingers unless Henry and NOD reach their absolute ceilings. Although we’ve now got more in the ‘potential A grader’ than ‘current A grader’ categories we have built a foundation where we could have 1/3 - 1/2 of our best 22 as A graders when they are all in their prime together around 2026.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langdon played some quality footy through the middle period he was with us but at the end his kicking was abysmal and the bloke was actually a massive whipping boy on this board.

Full credit to him and Melbourne for completely turning it around.
Choco gets the best out of players ability.

Mundy will also be one of the great coaching minds of the next 15 years. And yet we F'd him off without even trying to give him a go as a development assistant for one year as a way of getting him to go round for one more year as a player...

Bell would rather Mundy have a part gig at 6PR than anywhere near the Fremantle Football Club.

Bell not wanting Mundy near the club after retiring him is 100% a power move. Mundy is so popular with Freo supporters, yes more than Pavlich and even Fyfe. Mundy doesn’t have haters even West Coast supporters love Mundy.

Bell would be stupid to have Mundy around if he wants to be the most powerful man at Fremantle (after Colin Young)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Th
Bell would rather Mundy have a part gig at 6PR than anywhere near the Fremantle Football Club.

Bell not wanting Mundy near the club after retiring him is 100% a power move. Mundy is so popular with Freo supporters, yes more than Pavlich and even Fyfe. Mundy doesn’t have haters even West Coast supporters love Mundy.

Bell would be stupid to have Mundy around if he wants to be the most powerful man at Fremantle (after Colin Young)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thought provoking post.

It's a bit hit and miss isn't it. Kennedy and McFarlin were both rippers, but that's going back a few years.

I just don't think clubs need to sell the farm to bring players in anymore. If a player wants to get to a club - they will.

The Jordan Dawson/Ed Langdon trades should be the blueprint now. Not the Jackson or Kelly trades.

As a side-note - I think we did very well out of the Lobb trade. They could have offered us a 3rd Rounder (like GWS for Hogan) and we would have taken it.
So what did we get for Lobb again?

JLO should be sacked at the end of the year. Period.
All Garlic needs to hear is if he’s lost the playing group.

Had bugger all injuries until recently and only had mixed results all year long. We start so sluggish, very reactive gameday in the box and let’s not forget we lost to a ****ing rabble rd 2. Once that happened we all knew something wasn’t right.

I want him sacked for the right coach. A seasoned/successful coach is what this list needs.

Not another rookie Freo bloke like Josh Carr. Yeah port came good this year after a poor 22 but they have been a top 4 team 2 seasons before that.

2 x 2nd rounders. I think one was the Dogs this year and the other was something last year but can't remember what.
Thanks
So correct me if I’m wrong (I’m not great on this stuff ) but is this roughly how it stands ?

Lobb - 2 x 2nd round
Logue and Darcy - future 2,3 and 4th round
Acres - future 3rd

So Freo hold ( depending on final placing- currently assumed 15th )

Picks
1 x 1st round ( currently pick 4)
3 x 2nd round
2 x 4th round

Need to give Melbourne
1 x 1st round
1x 2nd round
1x future 4th

You mean Marvel, or is he playing for GC now. Anyhow, I don’t understand sometimes, this knack to throw labels at players, whether it’s media calling every plodder a “star” or calling players A graders who really aren’t by any stretch. A grade players need to, in my opinion at least, be absolute elite in at least one of the key skills - kicking or handballing. Ed Langdon has neither and the only elite skill he possesses is running. That he’s one of the best wingers in game right now probably says more about current generation of wingers.
hahaha, yes Marvel.

Fair point re labels.

Regardless, I don't think it's controversial to say that if he was still at Freo he'd be our best outside mid by the stretch of Belmont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back