USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is a Gold Star family?
No one wants to be a Gold Star Family.

The title, which is reserved for families of military members who have died in the line of duty, is meant to honor the service member’s ultimate sacrifice while acknowledging their family’s loss, grief and continued healing.

No cowardice here "QuietB"

Unlike Kommola, who the Gold Star families have sent a very clear message to:

You've already used that one

C'mon, lift

Did you say 'Give me more evidence of Kommola's shameless disrespect of Gold Star families and her cheap political pointscoring at the expense of fallen soldiers'?

Happy to oblige, "QuietB":

Senator Tom Cotton is the author of Sacred Duty: A Soldier’s Tour at Arlington National Cemetery (2019). I wrote about it here on its publication date. It is a moving account of Senator Cotton’s service in the Old Guard along with a history of the Army’s oldest infantry unit.

Service in the Old Guard is generally by application and requires rigorous training. Few can meet its incredibly imposing standards. Acceptance into service in the Old Guard is an honor conferred by the Army, on the one hand, and an honor fulfilled by its members, on the other.

Upon his return from his tour of duty in Iraq, someone in the chain of command thought to “ask” Tom to serve as a platoon leader in the Old Guard. Senator Cotton says that questions about his service in the Old Guard are what his constituents most frequently want him to answer when they ask about his military service.

When it comes to proper conduct at Arlington, suffice it to say, he speaks as an expert. Senator Cotton’s statement below on President Trump’s attendance at the anniversary memorial for the Abbey Gate Gold Star families seems to me authoritative.

I think you forgot to link the evidence.

Did you say 'Give me more evidence of Kommola's shameless disrespect of Gold Star families and her cheap political pointscoring at the expense of fallen soldiers'?

Senator Tom Cotton is the author of Sacred Duty: A Soldier’s Tour at Arlington National Cemetery (2019). I wrote about it here on its publication date. It is a moving account of Senator Cotton’s service in the Old Guard along with a history of the Army’s oldest infantry unit.

Service in the Old Guard is generally by application and requires rigorous training. Few can meet its incredibly imposing standards. Acceptance into service in the Old Guard is an honor conferred by the Army, on the one hand, and an honor fulfilled by its members, on the other.

Upon his return from his tour of duty in Iraq, someone in the chain of command thought to “ask” Tom to serve as a platoon leader in the Old Guard. Senator Cotton says that questions about his service in the Old Guard are what his constituents most frequently want him to answer when they ask about his military service.

When it comes to proper conduct at Arlington, suffice it to say, he speaks as an expert. Senator Cotton’s statement below on President Trump’s attendance at the anniversary memorial for the Abbey Gate Gold Star families seems to me authoritative.

And?

So one MAGA cultist thinks you should be able to do whatever you like wherever you like and his opinion has authority because he served? Is that the point you are making? Which by extension means Trumps opinion is of no consequence at all because he was too gutless to serve.

i suppose after the scam artist wanted to have him hanged it’s unsurprising. still, every republican vote is welcome.

would the last trump republican turn out the lights.

Do you really think your post answered the question you started with?

Give me more evidence of Kommola's shameless disrespect of Gold Star families and her cheap political pointscoring at the expense of fallen soldiers'?
Tom Cotton - Republican Senator voted against:

A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to make certain improvements relating to the eligibility of veterans .

Good example!

Just curious why did you miss spell Kamala?
Genuine question sir.

Oh Tom Cotton says it was all good?

Must be fine then :tearsofjoy:

On one side you seem to have Trump sycophants and partisans saying nothing to see here, on the other you have actual military and vet orgs saying yeah he's pretty bad. Gee who to believe I wonder :tearsofjoy:

Cotton forgot the part about filming and using for political purposes. And the showing of respect to the park official who was trying to enforce the law that the Trump team had already been briefed on.
Of course anyone can be invited to be a part of it. That's not the bit that is in dispute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sure-jennifer-lawrence.gif

OMG that was a magnificent moment in conservative incompetence.

Recently given a run for its money by the NSW Libs forgetting to nominate 150 candidates for the upcoming local govt elections.
Sorry to go off-track but I don't understand this...why the **** do you guys have Liberal and Labour in council elections?

I get that people with political ambitions use local government as a springboard to get into State or Federal politics, and so you'll get council elected members that are aligned with a political party...but elected members in local government should be proposing policy based on local neighbourhood issues/needs and voting in best interests of the people in the suburbs they represent; rather than pushing the agenda of state or federal parties.

Where is my disconnect - what am I not understanding?

Sorry to go off-track but I don't understand this...why the **** do you guys have Liberal and Labour in council elections?

I get that people with political ambitions use local government as a springboard to get into State or Federal politics, and so you'll get council elected members that are aligned with a political party...but elected members in local government should be proposing policy based on local neighbourhood issues/needs and voting in best interests of the people in the suburbs they represent; rather than pushing the agenda of state or federal parties.

Where is my disconnect - what am I not understanding?
I prefer that local councillors are honest about their affiliation rather than trying to pretend they don't exist.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back