USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shapiro volunteered for a foreign military. He should not be Vice President of the United States.
A. It's looking like he spent a couple of days planting trees on a bit of land owned by the IDF when he was an exchange student or the equivalent.

B. I don't care if he was a black ops killer for the Spetnaz if he can deliver Pennsylvania he's in imo.

Shapiro volunteered for a foreign military. He should not be Vice President of the United States.
Anything concrete on this apart from Shapiro writing in a student magazine 30 years ago?

He says he was not in the IDF

What a coward wanting his safe space at Fox. A network that deliberately lied to its audience about the outcome of an election should be immediately disqualified from hosting any debate.
a coward, no question. i wonder whether it’s a ploy. rather than just not showing up on september, 10, in a typical devious manner he’ll play this as kamala not showing up and play it as an excuse for squibbing it on september 10. kamala should stay firm.

going to the rightist ratbaggery at fox with his cheer squad - get f**ked diaper donny.

i don’t think that represents a legal impediment. but it is one reason i much prefer walz. shapiro claims he’s changed his anti-palestine views, but a major question mark remains.

that said i get the realpolitik of it where practical goals supersede morality and ideals. the reality is - shamefully - being anti-palestinian is no major drawback in yankee-land. and what the presumptive v.p brings in electoral pluses surpasses morality in the yankee-land.

the reality is - shamefully - being anti-palestinian is no major drawback in yankee-land. and what the presumptive v.p brings in electoral pluses surpasses morality in the yankee-land.
That may not be the case in a section of the Democrat rusted-ons (many based in the northern swing states) who refused to vote for Biden in the primaries due to his weak utterances on the Gaza situation.

It shouldn't be necessary to choose between being supportive of Israel (or at least, not anti-Semitic) and speaking out for the rights of the Palestinians.

That may not be the case in a section of the Democrat rusted-ons (many based in the northern swing states) who refused to vote for Biden in the primaries due to his weak utterances on the Gaza situation.

It shouldn't be necessary to choose between being supportive of Israel (or at least, not anti-Semitic) and speaking out for the rights of the Palestinians.

there are pockets. and shapiro is walking away from his earlier positions. but support for the terrorist state of israel is widespread due to the mainstream media being under the control of the hard-right israeli diaspora and not reporting the genocide. and the devotion of the pervasive fundies who look forward to the ‘rapture’.

kamala has shown indications she’ll speak up on matters gaza. let’s hope she stays the course. picking walz would be a positive in that regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appears trump is too scared to debate Harris on the ABC

Why?
Are we sure it's Fox News booked for the debate and not Fox Landscape Supplies? Normally you'd not have to double check but with Trump you never know.

Are we sure it's Fox News booked for the debate and not Fox Landscape Supplies? Normally you'd not have to double check but with Trump you never know.
And surely they should've changed their name to Fox Infotainment by now

She should just say that she is happy to participate in any debate that has live fact-checking, as the American people deserve to make decisions based on the truth; and force Trump to explain/defend why he insists on no live fact-checking.

Captivating, can you explain to us why Trump and the Republicans don't want fact-checking, because it seems kind of hard to justify.

And why one month after he lodged his lawsuit against ABC he agreed to both debates, CNN and ABC, and completed the first debate, but is only now trying to back-out of the second one scheduled for 10 September using that law suit as the excuse?

And yes, we're going to fact-check you...feel free to fact-check us too.

Last edited:
She should just say that she is happy to participate in any debate that has live fact-checking, as the American people deserve to make decisions based on the truth; and force Trump to explain/defend why he insists on no live fact-checking.

Captivating, can you explain to us why Trump and the Republicans don't want fact-checking, because it seems kind of hard to justify.

And why he agreed to both debates on ABC after he lodged his lawsuit, but is now trying to back-out of the second one scheduled for 10 September using that law suit as the excuse?

He hasn't. He said he was happy to debate using the same rules as the first debate with the exception of a full audience. The first debate has muted mics and fact checking. So I can't find any statement where Trump has requested no fact checking.

Fact-checked myself: Corrected earlier post as first debate was on CNN.

Fact-checked Captivating: First debate did not have live fact-checking. Why does he want same rules as the first debate, which included no live fact-checking?

Among Trump’s lies during the debate: that some states with Democratic governors allow babies to be killed after birth: “They will take the life of a child in the eighth month, ninth month, even after birth,” Trump said falsely on the CNN debate stage. The ex-president also said incorrectly that “every legal scholar” wanted to see Roe v. Wade, the landmark ruling that legalized abortion nationwide, overturned. Biden made an effort to correct both of those Trump lies.

Trump also falsely claimed that Biden is planning to quadruple the amount of income tax paid by Americans and that then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi turned down Trump’s offer to send 10,000 National Guard troops to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. In addition, his assertion that the U.S. under the Biden administration currently has its biggest budget deficit and its biggest trade deficit with China — when in fact, both of those records actually occurred during Trump’s presidency, as CNN pointed out in its post-debate fact-check.

Last edited:
Fact-checked myself: Corrected earlier post as first debate was on CNN.

Fact-checked Captivating: First debate did not have live fact-checking. Why does he want same rules as the first debate, which included no live fact-checking?

Good pick up. Then I don't know. I can''t even find the terms of the ABC debate.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back