USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

As a soldier what you prefer ,24 years of no deployments or 2 years of being deployed?

As there are many soldiers who have been deployed with young families and pregnant wives. What makes him so special?
It's the National Guard, they're reservists with day jobs. For all anyone knows, he was going to quit at that time anyway. Soldiers quit all the time. National Guard can quit whenever they want, they're not signed up to contracts like the Army or other branches.

Stacks of National Guardsmen don't deploy overseas for reasons at home (work, study, family).

Conflating them with full-time soldiers is an incorrect assertion.

How is that comment in the third paragraph considered controversial? He calls the protests peaceful and then asks for there to be no racist discrimination against either side. How in any universe could that be considered controversial?
He called them anti-semetic and wanted them punished from what I read.

Surely you can find unbiased links to support your position, then you won't be laughed at or put asleep.
What does put asleep mean? Is that some kind of threat?

What makes sources you post unbiased? You'll be very hard pressed to find a media outlet that isn't biased in some way. It's why I read and get my news from a wide range of sources. Not doing so and dismissing things out of hand is you admitting it is you that really has the ingrained bias and will not change.

But you be you.

Yeah, sounds a bit like how conservatives suggest Barack Obama is a secret Muslim born in Kenya and Michelle Obama is biologically male, but have never described Candace Owens in any such terms. Even though she suggested a prominent rabbi drinks Christian blood.

I think an equivalence would be calling Obama a straight black man or Kamala a straight black woman, not the tinfoil theories you mention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said all the right things in a DEI hire

Im not sure what you expected . Boat rockers dont get anywhere but 1st . Of course his answers come across as a yes man because thats what the interviewer wanted
Agreed
Veeps are not supposed to be anything but support for their Prez, and be ready to step in should it be needed. They do not have a voice of their own. That is all, end of story.
The only way one would come close to rocking a boat was if it was under instructions from the Prez to do so, for some political objective of the Oval Office.

I think an equivalence would be calling Obama a straight black man or Kamala a straight black woman, not the tinfoil theories you mention.
What I was responding to was "It's almost like if they agree with you politically it doesn't matter what their demographic is!". My point is that conservatives are fine with minorities who think exactly like them, but will run with any racist invective they want for the others.

Whenever I see that sort of rally with pointing of fingers, painted on grins with hands on heart it just looks enormously fake, it's the nature of the political beast over there but it leaves me cold.
Yes, conventions and rallies are very much performances. Just like most interviews try to be.

I find it interesting how much the word 'love' came up in various reports from MSM. I think that will be a bit of the theme for their campaign to juxtapose against the GOP hate.

It's the National Guard, they're reservists with day jobs. For all anyone knows, he was going to quit at that time anyway. Soldiers quit all the time. National Guard can quit whenever they want, they're not signed up to contracts like the Army or other branches.

Stacks of National Guardsmen don't deploy overseas for reasons at home (work, study, family).

Conflating them with full-time soldiers is an incorrect assertion.
Whenever I hear National Guard, I always think of those guys in the Stallone movie First Blood.

What I was responding to was "It's almost like if they agree with you politically it doesn't matter what their demographic is!". My point is that conservatives are fine with minorities who think exactly like them, but will run with any racist invective they want for the others.

I agree with this bit, not so much the rest, that bit is subjective i guess.

If you read past the Murdoch headline, it explains that most of his fellow soldiers didn't begrudge the 44yo for not serving in Iraq with one young child at home and another on the way. He was National Guard (like a Reservist) for 24 years prior to that, including serving away in Europe just a couple of years before that, leaving his wife at home with a baby.

Vance and Trump have far less service on their resumes, it's definitely not somewhere the Trump campaign wants to go, but I'm sure it appeals to Trump's base who want to believe the headline.
Remember them slandering Kerry. SOP for the SOBs.

Can you point to Harris's policies? Can't seem to see anything on her website other than grifting.

On the other hand..

1 - Didn't fix the illegal immigration issue despite Republicans bleating about it for decades. Opposed bipartisan legislation to keep it as much of an issue as possible.

2 - Nonsense proposal, logistical and jurisdictional nightmare. Biden/Harris have deported more in the last year (May 23 to May 24) than any year since 2010, which includes Trump.

3 - Ending inflation is dumb, in an economic sense. Small amounts of inflation are necessary. Recent spikes in inflation is a global issue, Trump knows this, everyone knows this. There is limited scope for Presidents to act on or control this, though inflation is now down to normal levels in the US. Corporate greed has not abated, and it's laughable that Trump is the better candidate on this, given his achievements in his first term were to give out corporate welfare and install pro-corporate judges.

4 - The US is already producing more oil than ever before, and is #1 worldwide. Is also already #1 for natural gas.

5 - Trump oversaw net outsourcing during his term, despite his false claims of bringing jobs back. The US is currently experiencing a surge in manufacturing investment.

6 - Oh, like the temporary tax cuts during his last term, when the vast majority of the benefit of tax cuts went to the wealthy and corporations, and these were permanent. Tipping wouldn't be necessary if workers were paid a fair minimum wage, which Republicans and Trump oppose.

7 - Trump and Republicans have tried to tear up the constitution when it comes to elections, including the attempted silencing of 80+ million voters freedom of speech. Republicans do not respect freedom of religion, imposing Christianity in classrooms. Trump also banned bump stocks, which has angered some of his base, though in general, Republicans interpretation of the 2nd Amendment are faulty at best.

8 - There has been no WW3 under any President, bold claim. Restore peace in Europe by letting Russia/Putin get away with annexing neighbouring countries. Peace by annihilation I guess in the Middle East. Nationwide iron dome hey, just like that wall he promised to build.

9 - Like interfering in reproductive rights, freedom of speech in regards to voting, education etc?

10 - Falsehood re: migrant crime epidemic. Didn't demolish the cartels and gangs last time, won't do it this time. Locking up violent offenders, but supporting and pardoning Capitol rioters hey?

11 - Like the infrastructure investment he promised, failed to deliver, then saw Biden/Democrats deliver (with some Republicans)?

12 - Military spending keeps going up and up, regardless of who is in power. It is already the strongest and most powerful military in the world, without question.

13 - This is the promise you keep just by turning up I guess.

14 - LOL. He'll have to fight his own party on this, if he even believes it.

15 - I mean he wouldn't be conservative if he didn't hate change I guess. Odd for someone who just said they want to "modernize" the military, to oppose modernising elsewhere.

16 - A vastly overblown culture war issue(s). Schools don't push CRT. Many Republicans believe radical gender ideology is telling kids that trans people exist and that there's nothing morally wrong with it. If we're talking about "inappropriate content", a guise for teaching children about history, vastly age-appropriate health and physiology topics etc, can we ban the Bible from schools due to it's depictions of sexual activity, genocide, violence etc?

17 - See above - a vastly overblown culture war issue.

18 - I'd want to see the definition of "Pro-Hamas Radical" first, and case-by-case residency/citizenship status. Freedom of speech does also exist in the US, see platform point 7. Trump only wants to allow protests he agrees with I guess.

19 - Trump and his family see no problem with mail-in or early voting, except that he doesn't want Democrats to vote. Voter ID, paper ballots, proof of citizenship is just conspiratorial nonsense. Democrats have supported the automatic provisioning of Voter ID for all eligible voters before, but Republicans don't actually want that.

20 - Didn't do it last time, despite his promise. Won't do it this time, because he doesn't actually want to.

Last edited:
1 - Didn't fix the illegal immigration issue despite Republicans bleating about it for decades. Opposed bipartisan legislation to keep it as much of an issue as possible.

2 - Nonsense proposal, logistical and jurisdictional nightmare. Biden/Harris have deported more in the last year (May 23 to May 24) than any year since 2010, which includes Trump.

3 - Ending inflation is dumb, in an economic sense. Small amounts of inflation are necessary. Recent spikes in inflation is a global issue, Trump knows this, everyone knows this. There is limited scope for Presidents to act on or control this, though inflation is now down to normal levels in the US. Corporate greed has not abated, and it's laughable that Trump is the better candidate on this, given his achievements in his first term were to give out corporate welfare and install pro-corporate judges.

4 - The US is already producing more oil than ever before, and is #1 worldwide. Is also already #1 for natural gas.

5 - Trump oversaw net outsourcing during his term, despite his false claims of bringing jobs back. The US is currently experiencing a surge in manufacturing investment.

6 - Oh, like the temporary tax cuts during his last term, when the vast majority of the benefit of tax cuts went to the wealthy and corporations, and these were permanent. Tipping wouldn't be necessary if workers were paid a fair minimum wage, which Republicans and Trump oppose.

7 - Trump and Republicans have tried to tear up the constitution when it comes to elections, including the attempted silencing of 80+ million voters freedom of speech. Republicans do not respect freedom of religion, imposing Christianity in classrooms. Trump also banned bump stocks, which has angered some of his base, though in general, Republicans interpretation of the 2nd Amendment are faulty at best.

8 - There has been no WW3 under any President, bold claim. Restore peace in Europe by letting Russia/Putin get away with annexing neighbouring countries. Peace by annihilation I guess in the Middle East. Nationwide iron dome hey, just like that wall he promised to build.

9 - Like interfering in reproductive rights, freedom of speech in regards to voting, education etc?

10 - Falsehood re: migrant crime epidemic. Didn't demolish the cartels and gangs last time, won't do it this time. Locking up violent offenders, but supporting and pardoning Capitol rioters hey?

11 - Like the infrastructure investment he promised, failed to deliver, then saw Biden/Democrats deliver (with some Republicans)?

12 - Military spending keeps going up and up, regardless of who is in power. It is already the strongest and most powerful military in the world, without question.

13 - This is the promise you keep just by turning up I guess.

14 - LOL. He'll have to fight his own party on this, if he even believes it.

15 - I mean he wouldn't be conservative if he didn't hate change I guess. Odd for someone who just said they want to "modernize" the military, to oppose modernising elsewhere.

16 - A vastly overblown culture war issue(s). Schools don't push CRT. Many Republicans believe radical gender ideology is telling kids that trans people exist and that there's nothing morally wrong with it. If we're talking about inappropriate content, a guise for teaching children about history, vastly age-appropriate health and physiology topics etc, can we ban the Bible from schools due to it's depictions of sexual activity, genocide, violence etc?

17 - See above - a vastly overblown culture war issue.

18 - I'd want to see the definition of "Pro-Hamas Radical" first, and case-by-case residency/citizenship status. Freedom of speech does also exist in the US, see platform point 7. Trump only wants to allow protests he agrees with I guess.

19 - Trump and his family see no problem with mail-in or early voting, except that he doesn't want Democrats to vote. Voter ID, paper ballots, proof of citizenship is just conspiratorial nonsense. Democrats have supported the automatic provisioning of Voter ID for all eligible voters before, but Republicans don't actually want that.

20 - Didn't do it last time, despite his promise. Won't do it this time, because he doesn't actually want to.
Now do Kamala....oh wait there isn't anything on her site to critique.

In 2023, Walz signed a law mandating that Minnesota generate all of its electricity from carbon-free sources by 2040, setting one of the strongest climate standards in the US.

Guardian live blog

What a cruel monster.

But if they're conservative you need to refer to the colour of their skin, their gender and their age right?

I’m with you! The old rich white man has been oppressed for too long.

Fight the power!

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back