USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

You are free to use the google website, my friend. Posted all over the tweeter despite me not following any political profiles so must be plenty of info about

But it is supposedly on accounts > $100m.
ah the old haunt of the claimer not backing up the claim with and authoritative source. and now starts to back pedal.where is it on the dems platform- link

ah the old haunt of the claimer not backing up the claim with and authoritative source. and now starts to back pedal.where is it on the dems platform- link
This isn't a uni assignment where people need to reference but I can teach you how to use google. It's a very easy and trendy website to gather information. You should try it some time

1724296825811.png

Again though, still no examples of price caps working? Countries have tried it, never works out.

Same as the nonsensical idea of $25k handouts to first home buyers. Doesn't work, houses just go up 25k but she's running with it and the stupid are lapping it up. Have to love politics...

I agree that the FHB grants they've done here haven't really worked out as intended.

There's more to her housing plan than that though:

Build the American Dream: Lowering the Costs of Renting and Owning a Home

Vice President Harris knows that our nation’s housing affordability crisis is making it hard for tens of millions of Americans to make ends meet while putting the American Dream of homeownership out of reach for too many working families. That’s why she will launch an urgent and comprehensive four-year plan to lower housing costs for working families and end America’s housing shortage.

Calling for the Construction of 3 Million New Housing Units To End the Housing Supply Shortage in the Next Four Years.

There’s a serious housing shortage across America, and it’s driving prices up. Vice President Harris will work in partnership with industry to build the housing we need, both to rent and to buy, and to take down barriers that stand in the way of building new housing, including at the state and local levels. This will make rents and mortgages cheaper.

First-Ever Tax Incentive for Building Starter Homes. A Harris-Walz Administration will propose the first-ever tax incentive for homebuilders who build starter homes sold to first-time homebuyers—alleviating the shortage of houses on the market for aspiring homeowners. This would complement the Neighborhood Homes Tax Credit that encourages investment in homes that would otherwise be too costly or difficult to develop or rehabilitate.

A Historic Expansion of the Existing Tax Incentive for Businesses That Build Rental Housing that is Affordable.

A New Federal Fund To Spur Innovative Housing Construction. A Harris-Walz Administration will propose a new $40 billion innovation fund—doubling down on the $20 billion Biden-Harris Administration’s proposed innovation fund. Like that proposal, it would empower local governments to fund local solutions to build housing. It would also go further to support innovative methods of construction financing, and empower developers and homebuilders to design and build rental and housing solutions that are affordable—with one condition: they must show they will deliver results. This fund will support the expansion of innovative local efforts, like those in Wake County, North Carolina where they are using American Rescue Plan funds to build or preserve 2,400 affordable housing units including a 100-unit development coming online at Kings Ridge and a 176-unit affordable housing development at Tyron Station. Vice President Harris will also take action to make certain federal lands eligible to be repurposed for new housing developments that families can afford.

Cut Red Tape and Needless Bureaucracy. These plans will build on the Biden-Harris Administration’s efforts to cut red tape and enable more home building to bring down housing costs—which have advanced record levels of new home construction. Pushing this forward also means streamlining permitting processes and reviews, including for transit-oriented and conversion development, so builders can get homes on the market sooner and bring down costs.

Lowering the Rent for Hardworking Americans by Taking on Corporate and Major Landlords.

In addition to ongoing efforts by Vice President Harris and President Biden to expand rental assistance for hard-pressed Americans including for veterans, boost housing supply for those without homes, enforce fair housing laws, and make sure corporate landlords can’t use taxpayer dollars to unfairly rip off renters, today she is proposing plans to:

Stop Wall Street Investors from Buying Up and Marking Up Homes in Bulk. Community after community feels taken advantage of by Wall Street investors and distant landlords. Vice President Harris is calling on Congress to pass the Stop Predatory Investing Act, to curtail these practices by removing key tax benefits for major investors who acquire large numbers of single-family rental homes.

Stop Rent-Setting Data Firms From Price Fixing To Raise Rents by Double Digits. Corporate landlords are using private equity-backed price-setting tools to collude with each other and jack up rents dramatically in communities across the country. Vice President Harris is calling on Congress to pass the Preventing the Algorithmic Facilitation of Rental Housing Cartels Act, to crack down on these companies that contribute to surging rent prices.

Providing Historic $25,000 Down-Payment Support for First-Time Homeowners.

Many Americans work hard at their jobs, save, and pay their rent on time month after month. But they can’t save enough after paying their rent and other bills to save for a down payment—denying them a shot at owning a home and building wealth. As the Harris-Walz plan starts to expand the supply of entry-level homes, they will, during their first term, provide working families who have paid their rent on time for two years and are buying their first home up to $25,000 in down-payment assistance, with more generous support for first-generation homeowners. The Biden-Harris administration initially proposed providing $25,000 in downpayment assistance only for 400,000 first-generation home buyers—or homebuyers whose parents don’t own a home—and a $10,000 tax credit for first-time home buyers. Vice President Harris’s plan will simplify and significantly expand that plan by providing on average $25,000 for all eligible first-time home buyers, while ensuring full participation by first-generation home buyers. It will expand the reach of down-payment assistance, allowing over 4 million first time-buyers over 4 years to get significant down payment assistance.

Joey Makemanincelianaro hates strong women who make choices

Apparently this is the bloke bagging that woman's appearance :tearsofjoy:

GVgoWiXbAAAet1f

GVgoWliW4AAfRnt

Dude looks like Grug :tearsofjoy:

1724297266369.jpeg

I agree that the FHB grants they've done here haven't really worked out as intended.

There's more to her housing plan than that though:
There is more but it isn't what I asked, you keep shirking the question. Please provide a single example of these things working anywhere in the world? Initially just asked about price caps but we'll open it to FHB grants too if you like

FHB grants or price caps? The fact you won't answer proves the point but you won't admit it

& Albo promised millions of new homes will be built. He's falling behind schedule every week. Kamala will promise 3 million but we know it won't happen. Empty promises in an inevitably failed plan

This isn't a uni assignment where people need to reference but I can teach you how to use google. It's a very easy and trendy website to gather information. You should try it some time

View attachment 2087431
that's not the dems policy document. that's from peeps in the market. a link to the platform is authoritative. it may be accurate - now you say for over $100k - but i'd want something more authoritative than vested interests. if it was accurate it would be a minus but in the grand sweep of things that matter - pfft!

burge13

This appears to be the official document (obviously written up whilst Biden was still the presumptive nominee)

Searching 'capital gains' has one result, which comes at the bottom of page 15 (pdf page 16).

'Unrealised' or the Americanised 'unrealized' have 0 results.

If I do some digging, I end up with the analysis by Grant Thornton advisory;

Imposing a 25% minimum “billionaire’s tax” targeting unrealized gains for individual taxpayers with $100 million in net assets ($503 billion)

This would be what you're referring to I'm guessing?

So if you have > USD$100m in net assets I suppose it's a voting issue.

that's not the dems policy document. that's from peeps in the market. a link to the platform is authoritative. it may be accurate - now you say for over $100k - but i'd want something more authoritative than vested interests. if it was accurate it would be a minus but in the grand sweep of things that matter - pfft!
That's weird, I bet you're hating on Trump without reading or only commenting on his policy document - pfft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burge13

This appears to be the official document (obviously written up whilst Biden was still the presumptive nominee)

Searching 'capital gains' has one result, which comes at the bottom of page 15 (pdf page 16).

'Unrealised' or the Americanised 'unrealized' have 0 results.

If I do some digging, I end up with the analysis by Grant Thornton advisory;

This would be what you're referring to I'm guessing?

So if you have > $100m in net assets I suppose it's a voting issue.
It would affect everyone though when all those with that take their money overseas. How will that work out

Then, it will drop to 50m or what's stopping them for lowering it to any amount

It is a wildly flawed concept. Stop defending stupidity just because your team says it. This is the single largest issue with politics - cheerleading!

Again though, still no examples of price caps working? Countries have tried it, never works out.

Same as the nonsensical idea of $25k handouts to first home buyers. Doesn't work, houses just go up 25k but she's running with it and the stupid are lapping it up. Have to love politics...
There is a difference between "price caps" and "price gouging" which was Harris appears to be proposing. Trump initiated price gouging laws during for some medicines during covid and other states appear to have them too.

In terms of price caps, WA has price caps on residential electricity prices. It's not perfect but has been working OK.

There is more but it isn't what I asked, you keep shirking the question. Please provide a single example of these things working anywhere in the world? Initially just asked about price caps but we'll open it to FHB grants too if you like

FHB grants or price caps? The fact you won't answer proves the point but you won't admit it

& Albo promised millions of new homes will be built. He's falling behind schedule every week. Kamala will promise 3 million but we know it won't happen. Empty promises in an inevitably failed plan

What price caps though?

They're talking about price caps on essential medication e.g. insulin, I'm fairly sure we have a not dissimilar thing here with the PBS?
On groceries they're talking about stopping price gouging as has been mentioned. Which is something the federal government here is also now grappling with and there's an ACCC investigation in to.

You seem to be just handwaving it all away without actually thinking all that much about it.

Are you generally in favour of unlimited free market economics and unrestricted and unregulated capitalism?

It would affect everyone though when all those with that take their money overseas. How will that work out

It is a wildly flawed concept. Stop defending stupidity just because your team says it. This is the single largest issue with politics - cheerleading!

So to clarify, in this scenario someone like Elon Musk would move all his money overseas to drop his net assets in the US below $100m?

How do local councils tax unrealised property value increases? By the valuer general assessing every property every few years and council rates reflecting that.

So to clarify, in this scenario someone like Elon Musk would move all his money overseas to drop his net assets in the US below $100m?
You buy shares for $1, the price moves to $3 but you don't sell. You owe CGT on the move

The price drops to $0.80 and you cut your losses so you actually lost.

Use your noggin to work out what a complete disaster this would be for the entire stock market

Then think about what people with money will do with it.

Imagine the unrealised gains taxed on a stock fluctuating like this.

1724298204539.png

Regarding additional taxes on the wealthy, Massachusetts (e.g. Boston) levied an additional tax on those with income over $1m dollars

It was expected to raise $1bn in revenue, and the people opposed to it said all the wealthy would simply flee the state.

It actually raised USD $1.8bn and no wealthy people appear to have fleed the state.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back