USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

And instead of having him on IGNORE he is allowed to stink up the joint. Thread becomes page after page of dribble. As one of my girlfriends said: “You don’t argue with children!”
You can only exist in an echo chamber. That is obvious. Anyone who inflitrates your little bubble is denigrated, ridiculed and threatened like you're somehow superior when the actual truth is you are anything but and only act brave within the herd.
Such a weakling.

She’s unlikely to make much difference.

sorry but that’s nonsense when talking comparatively, which is the context here.

we agree that the u.s is a junk country and no one is expecting harris/walz to make gigantic change in one term. not in the least bc of the gerrymander - which should be a first-order priority for change but won’t occur cos it favors the republicans - and the unlikelihood of the dems getting hold of the house and the senate. but walz has demonstrated in minnesotta he’s a positive agent of change and there are many positive things in the dems policies.

harrrison ford is a gem. might be a surprise to stokey that it’s a film.;)
Mod edit: Swearing

Last edited by a moderator:

When Michelle Philips first saw him in Star Wars she thought "that's my weed dealer", she had no idea he also acted.

sorry but that’s nonsense when talking comparatively, which is the context here.

we agree that the u.s is a junk country and no one is expecting harris/walz to make gigantic change in one term. not in the least bc of the gerrymander - which should be a first-order priority for change but won’t occur cos it favors the republicans - and the unlikelihood of the dems getting hold of the house and the senate. but walz has demonstrated in minnesotta he’s a positive agent of change and there are many positive things in the dems policies.
We’re just arguing emphasis here mate. I’m done.

You acknowledge the US is stuffed, but want to emphasise how bad Trump is and how much better Harris will be.

I acknowledge Trump is awful and Harris will be better, but want to emphasise that the US is stuffed.

Not much more to say.

Quite of few hefty endorsements for Harris: Nice to see one sane Murdoch.

More than 90 company executives, including the chief executives of Yelp and Chobani as well as the former CEOs of PepsiCo, Ford Motor Co and Yahoo!, endorsed U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris for the presidency in a letter released on Friday.

Separately, more than 100 current and retired law enforcement officials also backed Harris in her contest against Republican former President Donald Trump ahead of the Nov. 5 presidential election. They cited her experience as a prosecutor and her commitment to curb gun violence.

The company executives, which include the heads of top sports and investment companies, said they were confident that the Democrat would continue to bolster the economy and preserve American democracy.
"Harris has a strong record of advancing actions to spur business investment in the United States and ensure American businesses can compete and win in the global market," they wrote.
"She will continue to advance fair and predictable policies that support the rule of law, stability, and a sound business environment, and she will strive to give every American the opportunity to pursue the American dream," the group added.

Among those backing the vice president were billionaire Mark Cuban, former 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch and Earvin "Magic" Johnson, according to the letter obtained by Reuters and first reported by CNBC.
Laurene Powell Jobs, head of the Emerson Collective and widow of former Apple CEO Steve Jobs, also endorsed Harris, as did the former chief executives of Merck, Aetna, GoDaddy, Blackstone and Starbucks, among others.

We’re just arguing emphasis here mate. I’m done.

You acknowledge the US is stuffed, but want to emphasise how bad Trump is and how much better Harris will be.

I acknowledge Trump is awful and Harris will be better, but want to emphasise that the US is stuffed.

Not much more to say.

i’m sad your outlook is so mired in negativity. i genuinely hope some light shines in sooner rather than later.☀️

watching the whole walz speech is instructive. it shows what both he and harris have achieved in their respective roles so far. of its self ensuring every school-age kid in minnesota is fed is some achievement. to win and hold a state that was as red as red shows what can be done. as walz said in the speech:

“ you don’t get elected to office to bank political electoral capital so you can be elected again. you get elected to office to burn political capital to improve lives as quickly as you can”

And instead of having him on IGNORE he is allowed to stink up the joint. Thread becomes page after page of dribble. As one of my girlfriends said: “You don’t argue with children!”
Speaking of children, Stokey might enjoy this quote:

“Well, I would do that, and we’re sitting down. You know, I was somebody — we had, Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka, was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue.

"But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about — that, because look, child care is child care, couldn’t — you know, there’s something — you have to have it in this country. You have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers, compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to. But they’ll get used to it very quickly. And it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us. But they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about, including child care, that it’s going to take care. We’re going to have — I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country.

"Because I have to stay with child care. I want to stay with child care. But those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just — that I just told you about. We’re going to be taking in trillions of dollars. And as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers will be taking in.

"We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people. And then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people. But we’re going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about make America great again. We have to do it because right now, we’re a failing nation. So we’ll take care of it. Thank you. Very good question. Thank you.”

Great article by Stan Grant.

America is turning to shit, and Trump isn’t going to save it but neither is Harris

I found that article quite strange. I agree with a lot of what he says as commentary on America and it is fantastically written.

But his basic premise that "America is a grand idea of freedom on a shaky premise that the human creates their own world" is not a shaky premise at all IMO. Humans must confront and create their own world - there is no other way.

"The First People now know a world without spirit; a world without God – not tamed Enlightenment God but the Creator; a world without soul. That’s no world at all. You might get away with it for a few hundred years. But, in the end, what is it?

It is just a dream. Just a word. Just America."

The implication that God is the answer is not a practical solution to any of the problems Grant identifies in the article. People can have all the faith they want, but faith does not put food on the table, it does not fix any of the major challenges humanity faces, and it certainly does not stop war. It does not fix any of America's problems and is more likely to be the source of those problems.

CNN getting as bad as FOX.

Spent 5 mins discussing how supposedly Harris has flip flipped on plastic straws and of course now Fox has picked it up.

Some real issues being discussed.
I have noticed a switch with Cnn the last 3 weeks bizarre thought it was just me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found that article quite strange. I agree with a lot of what he says as commentary on America and it is fantastically written.

But his basic premise that "America is a grand idea of freedom on a shaky premise that the human creates their own world" is not a shaky premise at all IMO. Humans must confront and create their own world - there is no other way.

"The First People now know a world without spirit; a world without God – not tamed Enlightenment God but the Creator; a world without soul. That’s no world at all. You might get away with it for a few hundred years. But, in the end, what is it?

It is just a dream. Just a word. Just America."

The implication that God is the answer is not a practical solution to any of the problems Grant identifies in the article. People can have all the faith they want, but faith does not put food on the table, it does not fix any of the major challenges humanity faces, and it certainly does not stop war. It does not fix any of America's problems and is more likely to be the source of those problems.
Yes totally agree.

Stan Grant now has a doctorate in theology and he’s on a crusade. I have little time for that side of him but thought the rest of the article was worth drawing attention to.

Yes totally agree.

Stan Grant now has a doctorate in theology and he’s on a crusade. I have little time for that side of him but thought the rest of the article was worth drawing attention to.
He found a book enlightening and wrote up an appreciative review. I didn’t identify any solutions proferred.

The free market relies on the profit motive being a motivator, however avarice creates ar**holes who are attracted to political posts.

Last edited:
Mod edit: Swearing

[/spoile

Bit concerning how often I check out this thread and you're all talking about me.

You guys certainly like getting fixated on things. Must be the trait I'm missing that has made me conservative.

Just heard Allan Lichtmann being interviewed on ABC RN this morning, going into detail about his 13 keys to the White House methodology.

As you know, he’s predicting Harris will win, and he hasn’t often been wrong.

Very impressive and well worth a listen.

Harris really needs to nail the upcoming debate. Recent polling trends has seen her momentum start to drop off slightly, which was predictable post convention. And Trump has slightly trended back upwards. The swing states are looking at an even split between blue and red at this point in time, becoming very hard to read and predict.

Lichtman has been a good predictor, but not 100%. Most had Clinton beating Trump in 2016, and most predicted a red wave at the last midterms which ended up being more blue. Just shows it really is hard to predict accurately what the voters are going to do. Doesn't take into account what percentile of each side will actually show up and vote.

Yes totally agree.

The article does read a little like Grant has a new toy he cannot wait to include in his writing anyway possible.

You mean posting in threads Im not banned from?

And nice of you to keep count for me.
You didn't request that ban yourself did you? :tearsofjoy:

Being unable to post in the Trump thread while deflecting every mention of Trump addressed to you with "this isn't the Trump thread" is actually genius for someone like you still pretending to be not overly invested in the bloke, well played.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back