USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

No-one, at least no elected federal and probably state representative of either major party in the US, is pro open border.

You know this.

I think we have differing views on immigration. We are far apart on the issue. I believe that no country has any obligation to take in anyone that isn't a citizen. Of course, every country should have the option of taking a select number of immigrants if they well choose.

However, people can be strongly anti-immigration without being racist or bigoted. I believe in strong borders. Period.

I think we have differing views on immigration. We are far apart on the issue. I believe that no country has any obligation to take in anyone that isn't a citizen. Of course, every country should have the option of taking a select number of immigrants if they well choose.

However, people can be strongly anti-immigration without being racist or bigoted. I believe in strong borders. Period.
Sure, whatever. But that doesn't explain why Trump or you being anti open border means anything in the context of this election.

I can see what you are saying - but when has any political party helped anyone but their donors?

Donald Trump would never have been elected in 2016 if it wasn't for the perennial hollowing out of the middle class, bit by bit, from 1995 onwards. For me, Obama bailing out Wall St bankers in 2008/2009 really was the icing on the cake for a lot of people who would have voted centre-left most of their lives.

Donald Trump is hardline on the border issue - that for me is what this election should be about. People will crap on about the economy etc, but really, most western countries have high private debt levels driving housing prices - until those prices correct - economies across countries such as Aus, Canada and to a lesser extent, the UK and the USA, economies across these continents will continue to groan until a deleveraging event occurs.

When I see Harris talking with a fake accent at an event, or talking in another word salad, it reminds me of how so many politicians are just taking us for a ride, but pretending to be our friend. At least The Donald is upfront about it.
Not that I agree with all that you’ve said here (I do agree with a lot) but that’s a very different position from what you initially said.

How so?

I'm pro Trump largely because he gets under the skin of the self-important far-left elites - we all know the type.

The type of people that dislike Epstein and what he stood for?

Stop dancing around the elephant and just admit it dude. Politically, you identify with Epstein's best friend.

Fair points. A lot of my like for Trump is that he infuriates a lot of lefties - Trump has an ego and is self centred - I know all that. I expect it. He doesn't try and hide it.

Politicians, and in some respects lefties in general, like Harris are the opposite - they are equally as self-centred and selfish but play like they are for the battler and the downtrodden.

The Donald is still in the fight.

Authoritarians and wannabe dictators tend to infuriate a lot of people, you must be a fan of Orban and Putin too I assume.

Pretty dumb metric to think someone is better on.

Not just politically.
The chances of him knowing ‘elites’ is two parts of SFA. High achievers don’t have tickets on themselves, and certainly don’t denigrate those less fortunate than themselves. They are just normal people that do the right things, well enough, long enough - in sporting terms known as the ‘one percenters’

He proudly disrespects the democratic process and then complains about ‘self centred and selfish’ people being elected - you can only ‘gaslight’ the ignorant, whether it be involuntary or by temperament.

Bernie Sanders has an anti-establishment ideology.

Fancy worshipping a guy that has to phone up radio stations, incognito, to boast about famous women he is bedding (not). Long way from the American male that looked up to ‘salt of the earth’ icons; Gary Cooper, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.

You know who also went the Bernie to Trump pipeline?

Rogan
Tulsi
RFK

It’s funny how a lot of the “independent free thinkers” here have also done the same.

I can see what you are saying - but when has any political party helped anyone but their donors?

Donald Trump would never have been elected in 2016 if it wasn't for the perennial hollowing out of the middle class, bit by bit, from 1995 onwards. For me, Obama bailing out Wall St bankers in 2008/2009 really was the icing on the cake for a lot of people who would have voted centre-left most of their lives.

Donald Trump is hardline on the border issue - that for me is what this election should be about. People will crap on about the economy etc, but really, most western countries have high private debt levels driving housing prices - until those prices correct - economies across countries such as Aus, Canada and to a lesser extent, the UK and the USA, economies across these continents will continue to groan until a deleveraging event occurs.

When I see Harris talking with a fake accent at an event, or talking in another word salad, it reminds me of how so many politicians are just taking us for a ride, but pretending to be our friend. At least The Donald is upfront about it.

Donnie wants to hollow out the middle class even more.

The border stuff is pure BS scaremongering. Dems trying to outflank the GOP on the issue is equally stupid.

The only way you can think Donnie is better for the average American is if you’re an accelerationist who thinks trump will eventually lead to the whole current system collapsing and something better can rise up in its place.

I haven't heard him say that. I can't comment.

But I'm anti open borders. So is most the population. Trump wouldn't be a viable candidate if political parties listened to the populace on this issue. That is the real issue here.

You do realise they don’t have open borders now don’t you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so?

I'm pro Trump largely because he gets under the skin of the self-important far-left elites - we all know the type.
Given all the dreadful things he has done, if that is seriously your reason for supporting trump, then I feel sorry for you and I’m glad you don’t get a vote in the u.s. election. Sheesh-talk about a shallow approach.

This post to me says you’re so alienated from society and disillusioned with politics that you would put your own subjectivity above the rights of others.

Is there a twang of empathy for the minorities that cop the backlash from his racist vitriol?
Thing is that does sum up a lot of MAGA type thinking (as well as other groups too) their subjective outweighs the objective for themselves and others. This is why we need the trump supporters to post as it gives insight into their thinking

As long as those immigrants are a colour i agree with yeah?

You do realise that the only immigrants that get targeted are those that are African/Asian/Indian/Central American yeah?

There's a reason for that and it has nothing to do with immigration.

You do realise that the only immigrants that get targeted are those that are African/Asian/Indian/Central American yeah?

Agree. When it comes to people in the country without proper documentation, the majority of them aren’t apprehensions at the southern border at all. About 65% people in the country without proper documentation, came to the States legally, overstay their visas and don’t leave.

Agree. When it comes to people in the country without proper documentation, the majority of them aren’t apprehensions at the southern border at all. About 65% people in the country without proper documentation, came to the States legally, overstay their visas and don’t leave.

I didn't know that - I am trusting your sources - it doesn't change my opinion.

Anyone who overstays illegally should be deported at the deporting state's expense - whether they come via jet and overstay on holiday, or whether they cross borders illegally on foot. I make no distinction.

Trump is hard on the border - I agree with this principle as I believe it is a cornerstone to maintaining western society and the culture that has served us so well for so long.

That is a disgusting post. Essentially calling me a racist because I believe in border control?

I ask you to either edit or delete that post.

Anyone who overstays illegally should be deported at the deporting state's expense - whether they come via jet and overstay on holiday, or whether they cross borders illegally on foot. I make no distinction.

Trump is hard on the border - I agree with this principle as I believe it is a cornerstone to maintaining western society and the culture that has served us so well for so long.
Respecting democracy is also a cornerstone of western society too and I don't see a lot of that coming from your man.

You join a Footy site, go straight to the politics threads. 95% of your posts are on politics - that isn’t an interest that is an infatuation, yet you say you don’t know a lot.

As soon as a big mouth starts boasting your BS antenna should be activated. Hard men don’t hide under the bed when contractors come for non payment of Invouces.

Trump built 52 miles of ‘wall’. As Fruitingles pointed out - the then President’s party controlled both the Senate and House.

Unsurprisingly, a person that turns up at lunchtime, watches TV, whines and phones friends achieves jack schitte.

The Haitian workers are not ‘illegals’.

Last edited:

So that being the case, why is it that Trump only vilifies immigrants coming from Latin America?

And if Trump is hard on the border as you say, do you believe he should launch an investigation into his wife’s entry to the US? And if so, why hasn’t he already?

Respecting democracy is also a cornerstone of western society too and I don't see a lot of that coming from your man.
Nothing new, the big cry baby has never lost anything since he was four. Holds the world record for most consecutive strikes at bat in a sandlot. Why his ‘homemaker’ mother, sent him off to boarding school.

Trump says election was a “total sham” and a "travesty," the United States is "not a democracy. We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!" -2012 upon Obama’s re-election.

When he lost the Iowa caucus to Ted Cruz in 2016 he called the RNC Chair and told him to change the result - because he won, the results were falsified. When his threats failed he immediately cried that Cruz cheated, and stole the Iowa caucuses through fraud. "Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified."

Last edited:
That is a disgusting post. Essentially calling me a racist because I believe in border control?

I ask you to either edit or delete that post.
I simply asked the question.

I wonder if it were a Brit, Irish etc that would be targeted and accused as savages. Would it still have the same impact? Fact is the use of immigration is simply a cover for xenophobia and racists.

Look at the rhetoric spewed by conservative parties and see what type of immigrants are targeted.
There is a reason for that.
And unfortunately there are a number of individuals that get played by those parties.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back