• kane lucas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jordan gysberts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numbers mean nothing if you've got zero hurt factor.

One poster mentioned that they felt Kane Lucas was a bit vanilla - but to me, that is exactly what Gysberts is. Nothing more, nothing less.

what are you on about!?

sure he isn't a flashy, explosive player

but is dane swan? is joel corey? ffs is bryce gibbs?

using the ball effectively is hurting the opposition

You need to stop being so childish when you post. It's only Melbourne supporters that keep bringing McLean up because it still stings them that their future captain walked out on them. I didn't rate Gysberts for the pick that he went at, more like a late second rounder and as I and others have continually pointed out to you he hasn't been impressive in his games. FWIW Carlton would've drafted Jasper Pittard if they'd kept the pick.

Again, you're carrying on like a child. It's been pointed out about three times that while they've both only had a few games Lucas was injured very early in two of his games and came on late as the sub in another. Forget about averages. Lucas has displayed surprisingly good defensive intentions and physicality since he debuted, certainly better than in his junior career while it's just not part of Gysberts game.

I would really hold off on these comparisons if I were you, they will come back to bite you.

I honestly can't be bothered addressing any of your points, as you won't even open your mind to the possibility that Gysberts has performed well in his first four games, and in addition to that, you won't even consider the possibility than he might end up a good player.

Moreover, you continually refuse to acknowledge anything on his side on the fence. You say Lucas' averages have been hurt through getting injured during games, yet refuse to recognise that in 1 of his 4 games, Jordie missed pretty much the entire fixture. You say that physicality and 'good defensive intentions' aren't a part of Jordie's game, yet he registers 5 tackles in his first game back this year, as well as 8 clearances, and you clearly need to have some physicality to get in there and win ball at the stoppages.

All of this, as well as that utter tripe about Mclean, and I'm the one posting like a child?

Come on.

I honestly can't be bothered addressing any of your points, as you won't even open your mind to the possibility that Gysberts has performed well in his first four games, and in addition to that, you won't even consider the possibility than he might end up a good player.

That's because he hasn't been impressive in his games. He may end up a good player, I can't predict the future but at the moment nothing has changed in that he wasn't worth the pick he was drafted at.

Moreover, you continually refuse to acknowledge anything on his side on the fence. You say Lucas' averages have been hurt through getting injured during games, yet refuse to recognise that in 1 of his 4 games, Jordie missed pretty much the entire fixture. You say that physicality and 'good defensive intentions' aren't a part of Jordie's game, yet he registers 5 tackles in his first game back this year, as well as 8 clearances, and you clearly need to have some physicality to get in there and win ball at the stoppages.

Wrong, I've always said he has a good footy brain and knows how to find the ball. It's just that he offers very little else. he's not much good with the ball and not much good without it. I don't think I've denied that his average was also effected in one of his games, of course it was, but still not as much as Lucas has been. It's even more reason why stats are irrelevant at the moment. Again there's a difference between getting clearances and winning stoppages, Bryce Gibbs is a gun clearance player but not a real physical presence nor a real stoppage winner is he.

All of this, as well as that utter tripe about Mclean, and I'm the one posting like a child?

Come on.

Have a look through the thread, it's the Melbourne supporters who keep bringing up McLean every time someone doesn't think their player is a star.

Why is that TPM?

just as an under 18 footballer, i thought he didn't seem to push himself that hard

he's got a lot of very handy attributes, but i thought he could have been a much more highly thought of prospect (ie. top 5) with more hard work in games

one of the boys i know who played in the under 18 champs that year said similar things

Hand off it.

Making some very dumb comparisons.

firstly, good comeback, explain how they are dumb?

secondly, i'm not trying to suggest that gysberts will become as good as those players

i was using examples of very good players who don't really 'damage' the opposition with raking 55 metre passes etc

but none of them are a rich, hodge or goddard when it comes to damaging footskills

just as an under 18 footballer, i thought he didn't seem to push himself that hard

he's got a lot of very handy attributes, but i thought he could have been a much more highly thought of prospect (ie. top 5) with more hard work in games

one of the boys i know who played in the under 18 champs that year said similar things

He does have a very relaxed sprinting style but he runs very hard both ways in his games. His work ethic and high levels of endurance were two of the things that impressed Carlton the most once he started training. I have always been a big fan, thought he was in the 5-7 range in his draft and my ears pricked a bit when I heard West Coast wouldn't take him at 7 but still never really thought he'd get through to us.

He does have a very relaxed sprinting style but he runs very hard both ways in his games. His work ethic and high levels of endurance were two of the things that impressed Carlton the most once he started training. I have always been a big fan, thought he was in the 5-7 range in his draft and my ears pricked a bit when I heard West Coast wouldn't take him at 7 but still never really thought he'd get through to us.

fair enough, it was never his abilty i had a problem with more his attitude

maybe i misjudged it, but either way it's good to hear he is working hard to make it at afl level

firstly, good comeback, explain how they are dumb?

secondly, i'm not trying to suggest that gysberts will become as good as those players

i was using examples of very good players who don't really 'damage' the opposition with raking 55 metre passes etc

but none of them are a rich, hodge or goddard when it comes to damaging footskills

Because Gysberts has played four games and looked nothing like any of those players. More like a Doughty or Mattner type.

Gibbs doesn't damage the opposition with his long kicking? Right. OK Champ.

And neither is Gysberts - good to see we're on the same page there.

Because Gysberts has played four games and looked nothing like any of those players. More like a Doughty or Mattner type.

Gibbs doesn't damage the opposition with his long kicking? Right. OK Champ.

And neither is Gysberts - good to see we're on the same page there.

Why do commentators constantly say he looks like a younger version of joel corey then?

Gibbs doesn't. Get over it, tell ratten to play him in the midfield and then we'll see what happens

Why do commentators constantly say he looks like a younger version of joel corey then?

Gibbs doesn't. Get over it, tell ratten to play him in the midfield and then we'll see what happens

Perhaps you should keep holding onto that. From what I've seen he's as plain as they come.

He's a had a poor start to the season but any game he's been in the top 3 on the ground he has cut up teams with his precise long kicking around the ground. You obviously don't watch a lot of Carlton games.

Has played in the midfield every game this season. Was in the top few players on the ground in the first two games and broke even with Pendlebury going head to head with him on friday night. I'd say his kicking, including accurate long kicks, is the strongest part of his game so I'm not sure why you made the previous comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread continues to degenerate to bay 13 standards so lock it up.

Neither player has proven anything and as such it is silly to make comparisons at this stage. Hold off until the end if the season when each as played 10-15 games and we have seen more of what each has to offer.

Perhaps you should keep holding onto that. From what I've seen he's as plain as they come.

He's a had a poor start to the season but any game he's been in the top 3 on the ground he has cut up teams with his precise long kicking around the ground. You obviously don't watch a lot of Carlton games.

Why exactly don't you rate him? What makes him 'as plain as they come'

Gibbs has great footskills, but he's hardly damaging playing in the backline

because gysberts is the plainest player in the history of the afl and i'm a carlton supporter :thumbsu::thumbsu:

... get it?
While all of that is probably true, it still doesn't explain why someone who usually puts a bit of thought into their posts like you is knocking Gibbs' kicking. The other two players you mentioned I understand (although I don't agree that Swan is not an explosive player) but Gibbs kicking is probably the best aspect of his game.

While all of that is probably true, it still doesn't explain why someone who usually puts a bit of thought into their posts like you is knocking Gibbs' kicking. The other two players you mentioned I understand (although I don't agree that Swan is not an explosive player) but Gibbs kicking is probably the best aspect of his game.

tbh it was just an attempt to get a reaction out of jwhatever after he continualy took pot shots as gysberts without attempting to substantiate them

frustration is a funny thing :thumbsu:

gibbs has great kicking skills, although hopefully he can utilize to their best by spending most of this year in the midfield

tbh it was just an attempt to get a reaction out of jwhatever after he continualy took pot shots as gysberts without attempting to substantiate them

frustration is a funny thing :thumbsu:

gibbs has great kicking skills, although hopefully he can utilize to their best by spending most of this year in the midfield

So you admit, you're taking the piss.

Cheers.

Where's the rage? I get mild amusement from Melbourne supporters who think Gysberts is good because he knows how to find the ball yet they can't see how all his other deficiencies make him a pretty ineffective player. The only rage comes from Melbourne supporters who are getting embarrassed about their club constantly stuffing up their high draft picks.

Your rage is manifested into completely irrational comments about Gysberts that you're unable to back up with any shred of evidence.

As I said, highly amusing watching you post on this topic, as this post continues to demonstrate. Keep em coming Sin, I need a laugh this afternoon :D

You get laughs from knowledgble posters making you look like a fool?

Wow......

Remember a mate who played with Gysberts and the one thing he said was "He could find the ball alright, but couldnt hit the outside of a barn'

Regretting not closing it earlier now after seeing the thread title when it was first posted but i thought i would give it a chance. Going no where now with very little quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back