Past Kane Lucas

Remove this Banner Ad

Sugar has been so mismanaged since arriving. The medical and performance staff over the last few years have plenty to answer for. I was shot down over 12 months ago for saying certain things against the club and the way they dealt with things. Sugar has and is being screwed by CFC. Such a waste. Now people are covering their asses. Disgrace
Our MC probably have their reasons, but I would like to see more of Lucas, and I am increasingly worried that someone with his talent will walk.

Sugar has been so mismanaged since arriving. The medical and performance staff over the last few years have plenty to answer for. I was shot down over 12 months ago for saying certain things against the club and the way they dealt with things. Sugar has and is being screwed by CFC. Such a waste. Now people are covering their asses. Disgrace
I think that when we lost Teague to the west coke's and Lappin to the filth, we lost our best development coaches and especially in the last 12 months, they have been trying to play catch up again and have severely screwed it up. I think that if Scotland goes to being the development coach at the Bullants, we need to ensure that there is a progression path for him to follow which will see him eventually end up as an assistant in the future to the senior coach... be that Ratts or whoever else steps in next.

What's this I here on radio about Lucas and the Bulldogs?
Don't want him to go but what could they possibly offer up?

While he could have been selected in more games his efforts against GWS were poor. He needs to harded up stop spending as much energy manscaping and go and get a few hard ball gets in the 2's or he will end up being another Shaun Grigg who is remembered at Carlton for taking the easy way out.

Ellard on the other hand is the opposite and needs to develop an outside game. Curnow's run to space in the Collingwood game is the reason he is still in the side after a couple of quiet games and is ahead of Ellard in the pecking order. Brock spent 2 years getting 30 possessions in the 2's because of his lack of spread.

LUCAS- Elite runner that can cover the ground superbly, with speed, poise and silky skills. Knows how to read the play and intercept the ball regularly off HB as shown in his first year. Also knows where the goals are, finds space and is a beautiful finisher.....

Hmmm..... sounds like he should be playing for Hawthorn atm!

LUCAS- Elite runner that can cover the ground superbly, with speed, poise and silky skills. Knows how to read the play and intercept the ball regularly off HB as shown in his first year. Also knows where the goals are, finds space and is a beautiful finisher.....

Has struggled to run out full games so far, full body cramps almost all matches he played early in the season and now dogged by hamstring issues.

Still has plenty to work on. Fitness, skills and attitude.

Has struggled to run out full games so far, full body cramps almost all matches he played early in the season and now dogged by hamstring issues.

Still has plenty to work on. Fitness, skills and attitude.
easiest way to get a FULL body massage from the missus and he has a nice missus

Put up for trade at end of the season.

Maybe a new club will be good for him and blues can focus on getting a tall for up forward

Put up for trade at end of the season.

Maybe a new club will be good for him and blues can focus on getting a tall for up forward
No.

The tall is best argument is still short sighted. A quality hard inside midfielder is as important as finding a tall target. We don't want to become Essendon who have a two man midfield that is easy to shutdown. No Watson and no Stanton, no Essendon. Fat lot of good having talls if you can't get it forward of centre and out of your backline quickly. We need to plan for Judd not being there so Murphy has more top midfield talent around him long term.

No.

The tall is best argument is still short sighted. A quality hard inside midfielder is as important as finding a tall target. We don't want to become Essendon who have a two man midfield that is easy to shutdown. No Watson and no Stanton, no Essendon. Fat lot of good having talls if you can't get it forward of centre and out of your backline quickly. We need to plan for Judd not being there so Murphy has more top midfield talent around him long term.

Don't we have some crappy stat where we don't don't capitalise on inside 50's. As in, the blues are inefficient with forward entries.
To me that spells...... new forward target required.

I am not advocating the Lucas trade at all....

A quality hard inside midfielder is as important as finding a tall target.
Truer words have never been spoken.

So, where do we get one of those? Trade Lucas for him? No I'm kidding, I want him to do well more than just about anyone else (except for guns). But as time passes I am starting to wonder if it won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree...but I don't understand why he can't get a game.

He was largely responsible for Carlton's win over Richmond in round 1, knows how to deliver the ball inside 50, but is never considered for selection. Isn't that part of Carlton's problem? Inside 50 delivery?

Is he injured? as I could think of at least 5 players from the game on the weekend that I would drop to make way for Lucas.

Also unsure why he can't get a game. Just some of Lucas' snippets I caught in the first win over Collingwood were impressive. One touch take below his knees under pressure and clean handball to find Murphy on the wing. Judd kicked long out of the centre and found Lucas who took a good chest mark on O'Brien at CHF. Good leap and speed to get off O'Brien.

Better finisher on the run and decision maker than some of the players in the firsts. Losing Lucas would hurt us more than Grigg who doesn't have as much poise in traffic.

I agree...but I don't understand why he can't get a game.

He was largely responsible for Carlton's win over Richmond in round 1, knows how to deliver the ball inside 50, but is never considered for selection. Isn't that part of Carlton's problem? Inside 50 delivery?

Is he injured? as I could think of at least 5 players from the game on the weekend that I would drop to make way for Lucas.
Apparently he has had hamstring issues all year.... maybe he should be at essendon not hawthorn!..lol
Fingers, toes, legs, arms crossed that he gets into the last few games this year, thrills the fans with some classy/silky play and gets a real "taste" of how special it is to be a blue boy!

Truer words have never been spoken.

So, where do we get one of those? Trade Lucas for him? No I'm kidding, I want him to do well more than just about anyone else (except for guns). But as time passes I am starting to wonder if it won't happen.
Give Lucas a break.... there are several others on the list (O'Keefe) who have done nothing in a longer period of time.

Also unsure why he can't get a game. Just some of Lucas' snippets I caught in the first win over Collingwood were impressive. One touch take below his knees under pressure and clean handball to find Murphy on the wing. Judd kicked long out of the centre and found Lucas who took a good chest mark on O'Brien at CHF. Good leap and speed to get off O'Brien.

Better finisher on the run and decision maker than some of the players in the firsts. Losing Lucas would hurt us more than Grigg who doesn't have as much poise in traffic.
And that chip off the side of his foot to Waite running in to kick a goal from 50 had me feeling very happy in my pants.

ROK has always been injured. One was an uncommon injury after a knock in his first season caused O'keeffe to have an inflamed heart sack.

Well that is terrible luck for the kid, but the facts are the facts and time waits for no one. At this time last year he was supposedly going to 'break out' in 2012, now its changed to 2013, who's to say we wont be in this same predicament in 12 months again? Meanwhile another talented youngster doesnt get a spot on the list whilst ROK takes it and CAN'T use it.....

Op is still so relevant it is a complete mystery that he didn't play today.

We know what curnow ellard can deliver this kid is still developing seriously amazed he didn't play today

At least mm was a fan , he really talked him up early in the year

We desperately need another outside runner

I hope He stays, assuming we get mick Lucas will get more games and develope more.

Mick has spoken highly about Lucas and is good with player development all this points to a good 2013 for Lucas.

If I were him I'd stick it out for the last year to see what a change can do then move on after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Kane Lucas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back