Kdfl - 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this be Gig's only chance of getting on the board for the year?
Can't see them winning a game myself

Bodzy, a match report???
where are gig at, did you's play well, gig shit, are gig just a bunch of players that would struggle to get a game in other kdl sides?? what good players do they have??

Bodzy, a match report???
where are gig at, did you's play well, gig shit, are gig just a bunch of players that would struggle to get a game in other kdl sides?? what good players do they have??
also did anyone see the stanhope merrigum game? arr stanhope still real deal or merrigum not that great? who are better players for both?

Bodzy, a match report???
i
If im not mistaken isnt this the direction that you amonst others wanted gig to go in ?????

Bodzy, a match report???

The Gig coach set a good example by starting himself on the wing for the entire 1st Q, where he proceeded to get towelled up by an 18yr old only half his size.

Gig kicked 7 goals in the 2nd Q of which 6 where the direct result of 50 metre penalties from a couple of umpires that needed to ascert their authority.

VT have now played the top 2 and bottom 2, and were competitive for half a game against Nagaz and Undera.

Hopefully we can get a few reserves on the field to build up numbers, and maybe recruit some thirds as the quality is there but very little quantity.

The club is heading in the right direction with all senior players local and young (3 x 17 and 6 x 18 year olds) and no one over 30.

also did anyone see the stanhope merrigum game? arr stanhope still real deal or merrigum not that great? who are better players for both?
Stanhope will be more than competitive this year, as for the gum well they have a good core of 10 players then struggle from their and havnt got much in the twos, i know bothe teams had a few out but the mainland probably had a bit to much depth, stay tuned the mainland to sign 2 gun footballers in the next week or two.

Will this be Gig's only chance of getting on the board for the year?
Can't see them winning a game myself

They play Murch this week, and with the injuries that Murch have ATM, this could be a game that can be won provided everything goes right and that Murch drop their bundle, and after that, they play Avenel, so they have a good chance of getting at least one win in the next fortnight.

As far as Murch goes, they've got Gig, Ardy & Rushy (3 winnable games), with Tally & Violet Town to come.

I don't think that you can accurately guide what's going to happen until everyone has played each other once (but, you do have a rough idea), but I can say that I rated Murch, Avenel and Tally too high (Murch & Tally aren't good enough to make finals, and Avenel will be in the bottom 3), and I rated Merrigum (who are a great chance to finish 5th) & Violet Town (who seem to be better than expected) too low.

good to see rushy still got there act together. terrible rooms, terrible ground, still wear a jumper from the 1900s, but recruiting blokes from melbourne to a team who will struggle to make the finals. makes sense???

I like Rushy's jumpers, because at least they wear something that's unique to them (like Murch with our jumper,), and it's something that hasn't changed in 100 years, which is much better than bland conformity to AFL designs (like Tally & Undera).

As far as everything else goes, they've got new Netball courts, their rooms aren't that bad (even if they're too far away), and from a distance, they seem to be making sensible moves on and off the field/court.

Rushy seem to be going O.K, they'll be good again given time.

i
If im not mistaken isnt this the direction that you amonst others wanted gig to go in ?????

Girgarre are going the direction they need to be going in after a poor decision last season on who they let decide what players they needed and how much they got, They will bounce back im sure, Look at Tat and Merrigum after all this time at the bottom.

Its good to see Pezza Meka out there to help out the depeleted Ardmona side 4gl effort not bad for an oldman. They fought it out well against tally on the weekend just falling short, they get a few blokes back this weekend some from suspenstion and some back from injury so it will be a more stable and not as young of a side out there for the bushcats. Should be cracker against VT this weekend.

Girgarre are going the direction they need to be going in after a poor decision last season on who they let decide what players they needed and how much they got, They will bounce back im sure, Look at Tat and Merrigum after all this time at the bottom.

Tat appear to be the classical example of a cycle team. They appear to spend a few years down low and then lash out for an assault at the flag (which often works for them). Hardly the model that you'd base a footy club on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Rushy's jumpers, because at least they wear something that's unique to them (like Murch with our jumper,), and it's something that hasn't changed in 100 years, which is much better than bland conformity to AFL designs (like Tally & Undera).

As far as everything else goes, they've got new Netball courts, their rooms aren't that bad (even if they're too far away), and from a distance, they seem to be making sensible moves on and off the field/court.

Rushy seem to be going O.K, they'll be good again given time.

What jumper do tallygaroopna have?

What did Tally use to wear?

Tally had like a bottle green jumper with a red vee. Very individual.

Undera had maroon with a gold/yellow sash. Was a bit of a KDL thing with Lancy and Murch having the gold/yellow sash also.

Similar to Bendigo teams where they have the same coloured side panels and a different colour centre panel (Sth Bendigo, G Square and until recently Eaglehawk)

I think the league having three teams that wear variation of the Lions is worse though.

Undera should have never allowed it.

Stanhope joined with the Shepp Maroons style jumper and then changed over :eek:

Violet Town came along and as they were more red they were allowed to keep it.

The instance of league having the same nickname has been around for ages. Echuca (Green) and Ky (Essendon) being the Bombers. Golden Square (Blue & Gold) and Gisborne (W Bulldogs) being the Bulldogs.

Many teams in the Goulburn Murray have completely changed their colours and mascot in recent times to avoid clashes:

Mansfield - Demons - Eagles
Tungamah - Hoppers - Bears
Dooke Utd - Kangaroos - Power jumpers
Shepp East - Bombers - Eagles
Jerilderie - Demons - Dockers jumpers

Katandra changed from Blues to Kats (kept jumper) to avoid clashing with Picola in 1996.

Tally and Undera changed just for change sake. Possibly so that kids could buy one in the shops.

Tally had like a bottle green jumper with a red vee. Very individual.

Undera had maroon with a gold/yellow sash. Was a bit of a KDL thing with Lancy and Murch having the gold/yellow sash also.

Similar to Bendigo teams where they have the same coloured side panels and a different colour centre panel (Sth Bendigo, G Square and until recently Eaglehawk)
Eaglehawk still have the tri-panel, they just have an eagle put over the top of it, which looks pretty good, plus Maryborough also have that tri-panel, with a Magpie of the top of the middle panel. Both look pretty good, and they haven't really changed them that dramatically, they just put their club 'mascot' on them.

Ardy back on the winners list against VT...

Ardy has a few snr players back a 2 big signing coming for the bushcats in the nextd 2weeks.

Ardy v Murch will be a cracker of a game next week........

Ardy back on the winners list against VT...

Ardy has a few snr players back a 2 big signing coming for the bushcats in the nextd 2weeks.

Ardy v Murch will be a cracker of a game next week........

Yes, Ardy were too strong for VT, and at times played some pretty good football.

And Boofaaa, you forget to mention how the Ardmona runner soured the game right at the end when he decided to get involved in a melee and come from behind and land a few on a VT player, picked his mark too as he was one of the young fellas. Does he do this on a regular basis, or just couldn't help himself on the day?

The umps were obviously both deaf as the copped a tirade of abuse from the Ardmona full forward as teams were coming off the ground at half time. I would have thought they would have been in their rights to red or yellow card him, as he wasn't setting a good example to the auskick kids coming onto the ground for the half time activities.

Gate takings were down a bit with only 2 netball and 2 football sides.

I would expect both sides to be fighting in amongst the log jam for 5th spot.

Yes, Ardy were too strong for VT, and at times played some pretty good football.

And Boofaaa, you forget to mention how the Ardmona runner soured the game right at the end when he decided to get involved in a melee and come from behind and land a few on a VT player, picked his mark too as he was one of the young fellas. Does he do this on a regular basis, or just couldn't help himself on the day?

The umps were obviously both deaf as the copped a tirade of abuse from the Ardmona full forward as teams were coming off the ground at half time. I would have thought they would have been in their rights to red or yellow card him, as he wasn't setting a good example to the auskick kids coming onto the ground for the half time activities.

Gate takings were down a bit with only 2 netball and 2 football sides.

I would expect both sides to be fighting in amongst the log jam for 5th spot.

He was reported by the umpires sparra and we had a bloke video taping the match which clearly shows the mellee at the end and clearly shows the runner swinging punches frantically......
Pretty sure the runner for the day is usually a key backmen for ardy. Will be interesting to hear the outcome.

On the footy side of things. Ardy came out of the blocks with early goals in every quarter. I thought they linked up better on the run than we did, using the ball more efficiently than us. The 3rd quarter we were smashed by them and this set up their first win for the year.

No. 12 for ardy playing on ball played well and a young fella off the halfback set up alot of drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back