Kdfl - 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, so whats the go with him been cleared to kyabram and not back to Stanhope. ?? Maybe something for Gig to look into.

Nah, nothing sinister in it. The new web system has some problems, one of them being that day permits (which Jason had for the game with Ky) show up as clearances. He was never cleared to ky.

Just a match report for VT vs Avenel yesty.

The game was very even in the first half with both sides having the lead at some stage. Avenel won the 2nd quarter and went in at halftime up by 2goals. The 3rd quarter VT stepped it up a notch and turned the lead around and by halfway through the last quarter extended it to 5 goals before Avenel pulled it back to 3 goals at the final siren.

Big Subba Arandt would've been Avenel's best and Woods up forward kicked some strong goals.
I think the difference in the end was just fitness we seemed to be able to run a bit more when it counted most in the 3rd quarter and early in the 4th.
An excellent crowd came for the day with hardly a carpark left in sight. Ron Barrassi spoke excellently at the lunch from all reports and he got out and shook all netballers and footballers hands which was good.

Any other match reports?

The game was very even in the first half with both sides having the lead at some stage. Avenel won the 2nd quarter and went in at halftime up by 2goals. The 3rd quarter VT stepped it up a notch and turned the lead around and by halfway through the last quarter extended it to 5 goals before Avenel pulled it back to 3 goals at the final siren.

Big Subba Arandt would've been Avenel's best and Woods up forward kicked some strong goals.
I think the difference in the end was just fitness we seemed to be able to run a bit more when it counted most in the 3rd quarter and early in the 4th.
An excellent crowd came for the day with hardly a carpark left in sight. Ron Barrassi spoke excellently at the lunch from all reports and he got out and shook all netballers and footballers hands which was good.

Any other match reports?
who is this hobbs bloke for V.T, kicked 5 and best on, never heard of him. i no of an ash hobbs that played at euroa last year, is this the same bloke? only a young kid if it is.

thanks, so whats the go with him been cleared to kyabram and not back to Stanhope. ?? Maybe something for Gig to look into.
Definately no problems rang ky up myself and had them look into it every thing sweet, just the way they do it now i think. had a look at undera and lancy satdy nite undys look pretty slick and mobile will be hard to beat this year, lancy would of been very dissapointed with their effort considering all the hype they have had.

Any other match reports?

Wayde or anyone got a report from Murch and Merrigum.

I know it's only one game in, but have Merrigum improved that much, or aren't Murch as good as they thought they were?

Quite a few of you lot did tip Murch to be finals contenders, and Merrigum have won bugger all over the last few years.

I would think all other results went as expected.

Definately no problems rang ky up myself and had them look into it every thing sweet, just the way they do it now i think. had a look at undera and lancy satdy nite undys look pretty slick and mobile will be hard to beat this year, lancy would of been very dissapointed with their effort considering all the hype they have had.

Would it be a safe bet to say Undera will challenge heavily for the flag? They had a fairly good side last year and have picked up some handy players to fill in the gaps

I know it's only one game in, but have Merrigum improved that much, or aren't Murch as good as they thought they were?

Quite a few of you lot did tip Murch to be finals contenders, and Merrigum have won bugger all over the last few years.

As I mentioned on here after we played Merrigum in a practice match, I believe they will push for finals, picked up some good players but also have 4 or 5 really good young players, T. Sullivan being the pick of them.

Would it be a safe bet to say Undera will challenge heavily for the flag? They had a fairly good side last year and have picked up some handy players to fill in the gaps

Undera favourite for mine at this early stage. Looked very good on Sat night. Ran and linked well...kicked very straight also!

Certainly not unbeatable but going along nicely.

Lancaster certainly underdone, looked slow and scrappy, turn overs and skill errors cost them at least 6 goals. And didn't kick straight!!

Will be there and abouts once fitness increases & certainly have a good line up. I'm tippin a few hard nights on the track!

Anyone else witness Ardy first hand...any decent recruits? Pez play? Where is he at?

Undera favourite for mine at this early stage. Looked very good on Sat night. Ran and linked well...kicked very straight also!

Lancaster certainly underdone, looked slow and scrappy, turn overs and skill errors cost them at least 6 goals. And didn't kick straight!!

Will be there and abouts once fitness increases & certainly have a good line up. I'm tippin a few hard nights on the track!

Anyone else witness Ardy first hand...any decent recruits? Pez play? Where is he at?

Pez will be right to play against Lancy in round 3. Think he's hoping to line up on you Lancastralia!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of Canteens and Bars, I was on another leagues thread and noticed some friendly banter regarding the "other" important things on game day: The price and quality of Beer and Pies!!!:D

Examples: Last year at Rushworth - Can of heavy = $4.00 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

This year at Lanky - Sausage Roll and Sauce = $3.00:thumbsdown: (But size and flavour :thumbsu::thumbsu:)

Any one got any early reports from Round 1?

What's there to say ?.

Basically, the 57 point loss was flattering to say the least (a truer outcome for the game would've been a 15 goal loss), considering that Murch only kicked 3 goals up to 3/4 time, and Merrigum made the seniors look very average.

Merrigum outplayed Murch in all areas of the game (defense, midfield, attack, disipline, 1 %ers, the whole box and dice), and for Murch, the only good thing you can take out of it was our Under 18's players held their own.

Merrigum are a good side, and I and most others have under-rated them, but, we'll wait and see if this is a sign or just a flash in the pan.

From Murch's point of view, we'll they've got Avenel, who are a beatable side, but it's over there, so I hope that it just was a bad one, and that they can perform more to their abilities next week.

I would say the competition would be fairly even throughout the course of the year. With Stanhope having lost a heavy amount of players from its premiership line up they have been brought back to the pack and other teams are on the improve. It will be an interesting year in the good old KDFL and i reckon there might be a few suprises come September in terms of whos there and who isnt. Just getting back to Stanhope though, what is Grinton doing this year anyone? Is he playing after his shoulder/Collarbone injury from late last year??

I would say the competition would be fairly even throughout the course of the year. With Stanhope having lost a heavy amount of players from its premiership line up they have been brought back to the pack and other teams are on the improve. It will be an interesting year in the good old KDFL and i reckon there might be a few suprises come September in terms of whos there and who isnt. Just getting back to Stanhope though, what is Grinton doing this year anyone? Is he playing after his shoulder/Collarbone injury from late last year??

The plan is he really wants to play again, but has been advised by Dr's not to play. I do believe that hes not that fit, but he does have quite good skills so we will wait and see.

The plan is he really wants to play again, but has been advised by Dr's not to play. I do believe that hes not that fit, but he does have quite good skills so we will wait and see.

Moulamein I heard!, with another Stanhope premiership player!

Went to both the Merrigum/Murch and the Undera/Lancy game on Saturday and the difference in intensity between the matches was massive. Merrigum did look fairly sharp and skillful but to be honest there was not alot of pressure provided by the opposition so the Jury is still out on that front. The 'gum did appear well drilled and were keen to play on at all times so hats off to Joffa for the progress he seems to have made in the small amount of time he has had. Undera's fitness shone through in the night game with Lancy keeping pace for the first ten minutes of each quarter only to have Undera run over them. There were quite a few fumbles from Lancy which I thought could have been caused by playing under lights but as the game wore on it became apparent that the relentless pressure from Undera was the main reason for the Lancy skill errors. The pressure from Lancy was good at times which made for a great spectacle but they couldn't sustain it for long enough to get within reach and mount a serious challenge. Having said that though Undera smashed Ardmona in the first round last year and by seasons end could only manage fourth so time will tell but they do seem to have a little bit more depth across the field than last year.

Troy Auld has put in a clearance to there.

Bit of a balls up there. I believe Moulamein had spoken to Troy and recieved no committment from him, but put in a clearance anyway. With this great new system where you cant refuse clearances, Troy has been cleared even though he didn't request to be cleared.

Bit of a balls up there. I believe Moulamein had spoken to Troy and recieved no committment from him, but put in a clearance anyway. With this great new system where you cant refuse clearances, Troy has been cleared even though he didn't request to be cleared.

You still have to fill out and sign the clearance form. If the clearance has been lodged then he has obviously done the paperwork and wants to go.

who would be the other player? i doubt Dennis will play.

Grints wont be anywhere else but Stanhope this season. Has been in contact quite regularly of late with the coach on when a possible return could be happening and Grints himself said it would be more than likely in the next month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back