KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes true, been on the blower to Burnett and was supposed to train there tonight after having a run in with MM

I was wondering what is everyone's opinion on teams having to wear white shorts for away games in any upcoming seasons ?.

I know that I may have posted about this before, but I am of the opinion that the KDFL should initiate a gradual introduction of white shorts for players in 2011, because of the several colour clashes that occur now in our league.

I know that the main reason why we don't have this rule in the KDFL, is because of costs, but considering that a large % of our players would already have some spare white shorts from either playing in the GVFL, the MFL, the PDFL & the SDJFL, in their draws, surely that reason can be argued against.

Also you don't have to introduce strict rules about having white shorts with your club colours on the side immediately, as long as they are VCFL issue and they are white, surely some leeway can be arranged.

Considering that a number of colour clashes that exist at least from the shorts down (Longwood with Tally, Violet Town & Avenel, Murchison with Rushworth & Lancaster, Lancaster with Merrigum, Girgarre & Murchison, Violet Town with Avenel, Longwood & Undera, Stanhope with Undera, etc.).

And taking into account those who are colour blind, those who have a degree of colour blindness, and the elderly who watch our games, anything that we can do to make it easier on the players & spectators would be welcome.

And that's my two cents:D.

G’day Cletus Delroy
Bloody good issue you have raised here mate.

Bytheway .. Murch have to be up there as a top side this year and also as hosts.
Piss off anyone else who criticises me for banging on about “sportsmanship is only relevant if you have the four points in your pocket!”
Thought the second’s game last week was competitive with the goal umpiring co-ordinated and brilliant!

And Paddy, a single central umpire for the twos, got great reviews from the Longwood camp. The GVFL blokes in the seniors seemed to regard themselves more important once the game became a blowout! But hey .. that shite always happens.

You’ve done well Cletus, to raise the issue of white shorts .. as have other posters agreeing and saying that the concept of an away strip is over the top and expensive and not on! Apart from being a nebulous AFL Marketing tool.

The Longwood Redlegs and Blue provide jumpers each Satd’y .. returned after the game to be washed by volunteers .. and each player is expected to buy the blue shorts and red socks to play for the side.

I hope your discussion gets a real run with the KDFNL administration for away sides to wear white shorts. Makes sense .. also preserves a little bit of past footy tradition with minimal cost.

However .. (there is always the “Yes But?” ..eh)

A question on match day from a new player we’ll call Cletus Delroy! “Doh, I didn’t bring me white shorts but I got me blue/green/red ones with me?”

My proposal. With KDFNL support as in bulk buying, why not grant all Clubs a subsidised purchase of white shorts.
Individual costs of (per white shorts!) $25-$27 has been spoken of, but I’m sure the league with VCFNL support could organise a bulk buy. White shorts with VCFL on the side .. maybe even a VCFL sponsors name across the bum as everyone would see when the player is “arse over t”, as in the old VFA Telecasts on Ten!

For away games, the white shorts of each Club could be treated like I said before about the jumpers. Put ‘em on fresh, play the away game then throw ‘em into the washing bin to be worn next away game .. just like the jumpers are.
What do you reckon Cletus D!
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:;)

Tips for this weekend.

Undera V Murch - Undera are still on track for a campaign deep into September, clearly one of the best teams in the competition, if not the best - wouldn't read too much into their little hiccup last week. Will have too many quality players for the Hoppers and I can't see the Lions dropping one at home. Will rejoin the winners list this week comfortably. 60pts

Tally V Nagambie - Although sitting 4-2 Tally haven't been competitive in their hit outs against higher ranked teams in Undera & Stanhope. I would expect Nagambie's unbeaten run to continue. 36pts

Ardmona V Stanhope - Stanhope arguably have some of the best players in the competition in Gray & Sanders and not often do they turn in a poor performance. On their day capable of competing with the top sides and if rumours are true could be adding some quality to thier list before clearances close. Ardmona on the other hand are really struggling. 60pts

Longwood V Avenel - Averaging less than 40pts a game not sure Longwood can kick a winning score, but expect they will be competitive and give a real contest. Some former players playing against one and other should make for an interesting contest. In my opinion Avenel is one team that will be competing for one of the last finals spots come end of year. 48pts

Gigarre V Rushworth - Both teams need to win to keep in touch with the top half, Rushworth haven't quite been able to cut it with the top sides to date, except for a bold showing against Nagambie in round 1. If Gigarre's key players have an impact they are competitive. They play a high possession style game in their back half to try and control the tempo. having said this I think Rushworth will get the chocolates. 30pts

Violet Town V Lancy - Match of the round for mine. In my opinion both will be involved in September action. Violet Town love a scrap and I really rate their hardness at the man and footy. Lancaster's like to control the ball and push forward hard and their goals are shared by their mids. For me VT probably lack a key forward but I think a lot teams underestimate them and I think they'll roll the wombats this weekend. 12pts

Good luck to all involved.

Tips for this weekend.

Undera V Murch - Undera are still on track for a campaign deep into September, clearly one of the best teams in the competition, if not the best - wouldn't read too much into their little hiccup last week. Will have too many quality players for the Hoppers and I can't see the Lions dropping one at home. Will rejoin the winners list this week comfortably. 60pts

Tally V Nagambie - Although sitting 4-2 Tally haven't been competitive in their hit outs against higher ranked teams in Undera & Stanhope. I would expect Nagambie's unbeaten run to continue. 36pts

Ardmona V Stanhope - Stanhope arguably have some of the best players in the competition in Gray & Sanders and not often do they turn in a poor performance. On their day capable of competing with the top sides and if rumours are true could be adding some quality to thier list before clearances close. Ardmona on the other hand are really struggling. 60pts

Longwood V Avenel - Averaging less than 40pts a game not sure Longwood can kick a winning score, but expect they will be competitive and give a real contest. Some former players playing against one and other should make for an interesting contest. In my opinion Avenel is one team that will be competing for one of the last finals spots come end of year. 48pts

Gigarre V Rushworth - Both teams need to win to keep in touch with the top half, Rushworth haven't quite been able to cut it with the top sides to date, except for a bold showing against Nagambie in round 1. If Gigarre's key players have an impact they are competitive. They play a high possession style game in their back half to try and control the tempo. having said this I think Rushworth will get the chocolates. 30pts

Violet Town V Lancy - Match of the round for mine. In my opinion both will be involved in September action. Violet Town love a scrap and I really rate their hardness at the man and footy. Lancaster's like to control the ball and push forward hard and their goals are shared by their mids. For me VT probably lack a key forward but I think a lot teams underestimate them and I think they'll roll the wombats this weekend. 12pts

Great Work

Yes true, been on the blower to Burnett and was supposed to train there tonight after having a run in with MM

From what i was told (from a source very close to Kellet), TM called Kellet to inform him that he will not fit into the sides forward structure with LaPorta etc and he trudged off to Lancy, who he was thinking of playing with last year apparently.

Lancy are travelling well but i think a decent target up forward would release the pressure on their mid field to score the goals week in week out...

No doubt Mooroopna Man will have a view on this?

From what i was told (from a source very close to Kellet), TM called Kellet to inform him that he will not fit into the sides forward structure with LaPorta etc and he trudged off to Lancy, who he was thinking of playing with last year apparently.

Lancy are travelling well but i think a decent target up forward would release the pressure on their mid field to score the goals week in week out...

No doubt Mooroopna Man will have a view on this?

Sorry Crocket, some things are best left in house. What I can say is that Leigh has been a good player for a lot of years and a friend of mine for about 10 years and that situation hasn't changed.

Tips for this weekend.

Ditto to what Sparra said .. "Great Work!"
But Match of the Day is really at Redlegs Stadium. Involves a lot of history. Big crowd expected. Maybe a bit of civil war .. or the Hatfields and the Coys? The Longwood still is better cos it's bitter ..(Wha'?).
The spoils over the white line will go to the winner .. but in the outer the game will be cheered on good mates.
Leggers by 1.5 (11) winning margin as the buggras must start kicking a score from now on !!
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:

G’day Cletus Delroy

Bytheway .. Murch have to be up there as a top side this year and also as hosts.
Piss off anyone else who criticises me for banging on about “sportsmanship is only relevant if you have the four points in your pocket!”
Thought the second’s game last week was competitive with the goal umpiring co-ordinated and brilliant!

And Paddy, a single central umpire for the twos, got great reviews from the Longwood camp. The GVFL blokes in the seniors seemed to regard themselves more important once the game became a blowout! But hey .. that shite always happens.

You’ve done well Cletus, to raise the issue of white shorts .. as have other posters agreeing and saying that the concept of an away strip is over the top and expensive and not on! Apart from being a nebulous AFL Marketing tool.

The Longwood Redlegs and Blue provide jumpers each Satd’y .. returned after the game to be washed by volunteers .. and each player is expected to buy the blue shorts and red socks to play for the side.

I hope your discussion gets a real run with the KDFNL administration for away sides to wear white shorts. Makes sense .. also preserves a little bit of past footy tradition with minimal cost.

A question on match day from a new player we’ll call Cletus Delroy! “Doh, I didn’t bring me white shorts but I got me blue/green/red ones with me?”

My proposal. With KDFNL support as in bulk buying, why not grant all Clubs a subsidised purchase of white shorts.
Individual costs of (per white shorts!) $25-$27 has been spoken of, but I’m sure the league with VCFNL support could organise a bulk buy. White shorts with VCFL on the side .. maybe even a VCFL sponsors name across the bum as everyone would see when the player is “arse over t”, as in the old VFA Telecasts on Ten!

For away games, the white shorts of each Club could be treated like I said before about the jumpers. Put ‘em on fresh, play the away game then throw ‘em into the washing bin to be worn next away game .. just like the jumpers are.
Cheers

JC and CD the O&K introduced the white shorts policy back in '05 when we ,The All Blacks,first went into the league...No dramas to speak of, it's just generally accepted that players have their own white shorts...

Ditto to what Sparra said .. "Great Work!"
But Match of the Day is really at Redlegs Stadium. Involves a lot of history. Big crowd expected. Maybe a bit of civil war .. or the Hatfields and the Coys? The Longwood still is better cos it's bitter ..(Wha'?).
The spoils over the white line will go to the winner .. but in the outer the game will be cheered on good mates.
Leggers by 1.5 (11) winning margin as the buggras must start kicking a score from now on !!
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:

Are they playing for a pig , there John (devil Anse) Carrot ?

Could hav some legs KD did hear he had some words with the coach when he got dragged against Us:confused:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he walked out on Undera again. Left mid season last year because he was going to be dropped to the two's. Could be a good thing that he's gone (if true), we all know what happened for the undies last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G’day Cletus Delroy

Cheers

Cheers JC, I'm glad that you enjoyed our company (and mine as well) and I'm sure that the favour will be returned come Round 20.

I have sent the KDFL an e-mail a week ago about this very same subject and they haven't replied to me at all, which is very rude:mad: considering that it was an idea and nothing more :confused:, and would be a benefit to our league.

If clubs want to have another strip for this purpose, let them if they can afford it, but that would be throwing good money after bad.

I know that there will be some blokes that will forget to bring white shorts for away games, but I've also seen blokes forget to bring their jumpers & boots as well, but that isn't a strong enough argument to not implement it.

And as far as bulk buying of white shorts, that wouldn't be a bad idea, and I don't know why we don't do that with our footballs and netballs either, hopefully doing it that way would reduce costs and the costs of the balls & shorts would be added onto the affiliation fees.

Good to hear from you JC and keep punchin!.

Sorry Crocket, some things are best left in house. What I can say is that Leigh has been a good player for a lot of years and a friend of mine for about 10 years and that situation hasn't changed.

Fair enough, and it shows some class on your part in not airing out personal disagreements on public forums :thumbsu:.

Cheers JC, I'm glad that you enjoyed our company (and mine as well) and I'm sure that the favour will be returned come Round 20.

I have sent the KDFL an e-mail a week ago about this very same subject and they haven't replied to me at all, which is very rude:mad: considering that it was an idea and nothing more :confused:, and would be a benefit to our league.

If clubs want to have another strip for this purpose, let them if they can afford it, but that would be throwing good money after bad.

I know that there will be some blokes that will forget to bring white shorts for away games, but I've also seen blokes forget to bring their jumpers & boots as well, but that isn't a strong enough argument to not implement it.

And as far as bulk buying of white shorts, that wouldn't be a bad idea, and I don't know why we don't do that with our footballs and netballs either, hopefully doing it that way would reduce costs and the costs of the balls & shorts would be added onto the affiliation fees.

Good to hear from you JC and keep punchin!.

Very good points on the bulk buying of Balls, both Foot and Net. A reason for this, we have played away against 2 different teams this year and in the Senior game we had to use Sherrin "Match" Footballs. These are not the top grade balls and there is a difference in the quality. I certainly understand if some clubs are less financial than others so maybe the bulk buying of balls can ensure we use the same "top quality" balls every week.

The vcfl do have a apparel string attached to it ' footymart '. Shorts $20.95 and True Sherrin game balls $90 and sherrin match $77 .
They actually have some very good stuff at well below normal retail price , problem is alot of country clubs gain some sponsorship from
local apparrel suppliers , like sport shops .

Alternate strips, white shorts??? When it gets really wet will home teams provide an alternate mud colour for the visitors? If players are getting confused perhaps they should use their ears or come to training, learn a few names and get used to a few voices. For those who can't travel that far maybe you post training on Youtube for them. What next...guide dogs????:D

Can't understand why ppl don't rate Lancaster??

Don't know what you mean by not rating them there hasa. The 12pts tipped by someone that VT would win by seemed fair enough in the sense that we lost by 3 goals no behinds to Nagambie and Lancaster lost by 5 goals 5 behinds to them.....

I'm sure plenty of teams rate Lancaster, I do and i'm sure they'll be in the mix for the silverware come September. I don't think anyone would go out on a limb and call them favourites by any stretch of the imagination though. Haven't beaten Nagambie last 2 years and have lost 3 out of the past 4 matches to Undera. And I don't know whether it's VT's improvement or Lancaster dropping off, but the match we played Lancaster last year, we got thumped by 70pts and it was about 15 - 20 scoring shots so the score line was flattering, where on the weekend it was 5 goals no behinds and once again, we kicked poorly from set shots.

I thought no.2 a blonde fella was Lancaster's best player along with their half back line, not sure of names or no.'s but they carved us up along our half forward line. I think both teams had an even amount of the ball and inside-50's but Lancaster's defenders seemed to rebound the ball out most times straight away.
The game was done and dusted by 10minutes into the 3rd quarter really when Lancaster shot to 6 goals up. I think it'd be fair to say both teams blew some golden opportunities in front of goal, especially the young full forward who pinched a mate's long shot at goal late in the 2nd right on the goal line trying to claim his own glory and put it out of bounds on the full......

Alternate strips, white shorts??? When it gets really wet will home teams provide an alternate mud colour for the visitors? If players are getting confused perhaps they should use their ears or come to training, learn a few names and get used to a few voices. For those who can't travel that far maybe you post training on Youtube for them. What next...guide dogs????:D

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

G'day Hasa, I can only assume you're referring to my tip of VT getting over Lancaster last weekend? Good win by the boys by the way.

Having seen both teams play this year, and granted it was only the once, I didn't believe there was a lot separating the two sides - I rate them both as genuine finals contenders, Lancy slightly ahead for mine.

Lancy have arguably one of the best on-ball brigades in the comp and are a well drilled side that push forward hard and have good skills particularly by foot. They try and hurt teams on the rebound and use their leg speed across the ground to expose you. Burnett and Brunt are their keys & like to get in and under at the stoppages and feed it out to their good ball users, particularly too Carver in the back half. One of Lancy's strengths is their ability to cut you up off half back with their run and carry. They’re a side that links up well through the middle.

On the other hand, in my opinion Lancy are a bit light on up forward but what they lack in forward targets they make up for in goal kicking midfielders. Having said this if you play accountable footy on their mids defensive of centre their scoring options are significantly restricted.

As indicated in my previous post VT impressed me & whilst I suspect most expected Lancy to get chocolates, VT are a markedly improved side from last year & they’ll win more than they lose on their home deck.

Lancy V Undera in 3 weeks time will give us a better indication as to where Lancy’s at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back