KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Its good to see that everyone is getting along again:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Yeh Guv now get back to that Pommie show you came from and let everyone tell each other to Phark off when need be .. as Tony the Yugoslav says in Wog Boy2 .. coming to a picture cinema in the near future from Greece.
He quotes us skippies Guv by saying, "They say we know pharkin nuthin .. but we know phar call!!"
Cheers from John Carrot ..Pharkin!:thumbsu:

Hey JC hooked past Redlegs Stadium on my way home from Corowa this arvo and the oval still looks good :thumbsu: whats the building guuna be thats being constructed centre wing near the netball courts?

Hey JC hooked past Redlegs Stadium on my way home from Corowa this arvo and the oval still looks good :thumbsu: whats the building guuna be thats being constructed centre wing near the netball courts?
Hey Doona
Yeah the new Grey Smith Stand (as the old shelter pre 1980 was called .. one would have to be over 50 to remember where the original was (MCG)) is as one young daughter of a netballer said was going to be a place for “Yoghurt”!!
Truly, it has been constructed for Yoga Classes, Macrame and Crochet days and a gymnasium.
(Cryptic funding??):confused:

On footy / netball days it will also be used as the social rooms with viewing to netball on one side and the footy between the coachs boxes on the other. As well as storage for grounds keeping equipment and a fully fitted gym.

The question you may ask is ..Where are the doors and windows??

Answer lies in construction being made by an Irish company who build it complete then remove panels afterwards to fit glass doors and windows ..:rolleyes:

Can’t wait to see them paint the floor!! Reckon we should sell tickets!!:p

Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:;:D

Interesting to see that Tallygaroopna are sitting at 4-1 when no-one really expected much of them.

Have they really had a cruisy draw? Are going to be found out when they play more of the mid-table teams and those teams expected to play finals? Or are they actually a reasonable side?

4 wins from 5 games is 4 wins from 5 games no matter which way you look at it, so hats off there...

Undera did beat them by 135pts though and Stanhope who should definitely be in the top 6 you'd think only lost by 70pts to Undera...

4 wins from 5 games is 4 wins from 5 games no matter which way you look at it, so hats off there...

Undera did beat them by 135pts though and Stanhope who should definitely be in the top 6 you'd think only lost by 70pts to Undera...
Naggaz Vs Undera this week should be match of the year to date, any thoughts?.

On paper looks like the lions should win comfortably but have they had an easier run?

On paper looks like the lions should win comfortably but have they had an easier run?
I think they have had an easy run (of the teams they've played only Stanhope were really predicted to be thereabouts come finals time), however having said that, I think they may be a fair way ahead of Nagambie at the moment.

They've been completely convincing in all their wins so far this season (again, Stanhope have been their biggest test, and they lost by 77 points!).

Hopefully it's a close game either way though...

As it has evolved .. Longwood’s “proudest” defeat was a margin of 112 points at Undera in round 1.
Now this is no “smart asked” question of the Leggers performance since .. we do have a win on the board, plus the bye and play Murch at Murchison next Satd’y who have four points from a bye .. and a good win over Girgarre last weekend. Will be a big game for both Clubs.

But after 6 rounds it looks ominous that Undera maybe “minor premiers” undefeated at season’s end.
Then again .. the Lakers lost one game last year!!
We will be in yelling distance of Nagambie at Murchison on Satd’y, so I look forward to the drive home to the White Hart in Longwood and to hear of the scores from Dave Fox’s “Pulse of the Valley” station.

To finish. The result of that game .. ‘specially regards to margin .. will be a pointer to the Grand Final.

Don’t yet dismiss Stanhope .. good movers .. and we Redlegs have yet to see Lancaster ..wha’ “The Wombats”, que Manuel? Eats roots and stays on for a beer after the game??;)
Cheers
John Carrot
Go the Redlegs and Blue..:thumbsu:

Has anyone got the scoop on what Hank and Pepsi are doing with there footy, rumour has it, Hank to Mooroopna and Pepsi maybe back to Stanhope?

As it has evolved .. Longwood’s “proudest” defeat was a margin of 112 points at Undera in round 1.
Now this is no “smart asked” question of the Leggers performance since .. we do have a win on the board, plus the bye and play Murch at Murchison next Satd’y who have four points from a bye .. and a good win over Girgarre last weekend. Will be a big game for both Clubs.

But after 6 rounds it looks ominous that Undera maybe “minor premiers” undefeated at season’s end.
Then again .. the Lakers lost one game last year!!
We will be in yelling distance of Nagambie at Murchison on Satd’y, so I look forward to the drive home to the White Hart in Longwood and to hear of the scores from Dave Fox’s “Pulse of the Valley” station.

To finish. The result of that game .. ‘specially regards to margin .. will be a pointer to the Grand Final.

Don’t yet dismiss Stanhope .. good movers .. and we Redlegs have yet to see Lancaster ..wha’ “The Wombats”, que Manuel? Eats roots and stays on for a beer after the game??;)Cheers
John Carrot
Go the Redlegs and Blue..:thumbsu:

It would be nice to think the other mob up the Hume Hwy (past Euroa) would be up there in your calculations after we meet Mr. peas and broccoli.

Has anyone got the scoop on what Hank and Pepsi are doing with there footy, rumour has it, Hank to Mooroopna and Pepsi maybe back to Stanhope?

The old rumour mill is up and about Gov don't you worry, Haven't had any confirmations as of yet though.
What exactly was the fallout at Tonny?

Re: KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

What sort of reception were you expecting vegie? I'm not sure that any clubs are going out of their way to be especially nice to Longwood because they're new to the league. Do we need to hear how great everyone has been to Longwood every week? Everyone's going to love hosting you cos' it's more often than not 4 points in the bank.
WEll said mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The old rumour mill is up and about Gov don't you worry, Haven't had any confirmations as of yet though.
What exactly was the fallout at Tonny?

No fallout old mate Randy, unsure of what has gone on maybe not enjoying their footy? and doubt wether Hank will leave:confused:

No fallout old mate Randy, unsure of what has gone on maybe not enjoying their footy? and doubt wether Hank will leave:confused:

Tonny's pres. said after there massive defeat on the weekend that they would open the cheque book and they didn't care who they upset while recruiting , bit of a warning to kdfl clubs with talent i guess :thumbsdown:

Tonny's pres. said after there massive defeat on the weekend that they would open the cheque book and they didn't care who they upset while recruiting , bit of a warning to kdfl clubs with talent i guess :thumbsdown:

Sounds like a very angry president.

But I would have thought he should have been saying it at the end of last season not 6 - 7 rounds into this season.

Sounds like a very angry president.

But I would have thought he should have been saying it at the end of last season not 6 - 7 rounds into this season.
I dnt see y anyone would go out ta tonny and ditch there club 6 weeks inta the season ta go out and play with a side who doesnt really look to be on the same page and struggling, maybe they shouldnt of let players like kizza timy harris and sooter go ta otha clubs cozz all of them r going good and fitting in nicely at gig and mooropna. well done boys

I dnt see y anyone would go out ta tonny and ditch there club 6 weeks inta the season ta go out and play with a side who doesnt really look to be on the same page and struggling, maybe they shouldnt of let players like kizza timy harris and sooter go ta otha clubs cozz all of them r going good and fitting in nicely at gig and mooropna. well done boys

Tonny the same as every other club, don't have a choice on LETTING players go, if players want to leave they will. Nothing against Kizza, Timmy and Luke Souter but they wouldnt have made too much difference to the position the club is in at the moment. Perc, Jordan, Troy Duke, Adam Brunt, Tom Wyatt and Andrew Reid (Injured) are the blokes that would put the club back amongst the pack.
They all left for varying reasons but pretty sure none where because they weren't happy with the club. Perc, Jordan and Luke to play GV, Timmy to take up a coaching role, Brunty coming to the end of his career and wanting the ultimate success, Troy Duke QLD, Tom Wyatt & Will Nevill universtiy.

The club tried unsuccessfully over the the break to recruit players to replace the ones that have left but ended up having to go with what they had. Was there when the president made mention of making some hard decisions off the field but nothing was said about opening up the chequebook as has been mentioned, and if that was the case it wouldnt be until next year I would have thought.
I agree with what you said about anyone wanting to go out to Tonny at this point in time of the season and I am sure the club is not trying to get anyone, there may be a player or two out there not happy playing GV reserves who wants to play major league seniors and come out at this time of the season though.
By the way, Timmy and Kizza arent going to have anymore success at Gig than what they would of had at Tonny, neither side are going to get anywhere near a premiership and both won't play finals imo. I am sure they are having a good time out there and good luck to them both.

Tonny the same as every other club, don't have a choice on LETTING players go, if players want to leave they will. Nothing against Kizza, Timmy and Luke Souter but they wouldnt have made too much difference to the position the club is in at the moment. Perc, Jordan, Troy Duke, Adam Brunt, Tom Wyatt and Andrew Reid (Injured) are the blokes that would put the club back amongst the pack.
They all left for varying reasons but pretty sure none where because they weren't happy with the club. Perc, Jordan and Luke to play GV, Timmy to take up a coaching role, Brunty coming to the end of his career and wanting the ultimate success, Troy Duke QLD, Tom Wyatt & Will Nevill universtiy.

The club tried unsuccessfully over the the break to recruit players to replace the ones that have left but ended up having to go with what they had. Was there when the president made mention of making some hard decisions off the field but nothing was said about opening up the chequebook as has been mentioned, and if that was the case it wouldnt be until next year I would have thought.
I agree with what you said about anyone wanting to go out to Tonny at this point in time of the season and I am sure the club is not trying to get anyone, there may be a player or two out there not happy playing GV reserves who wants to play major league seniors and come out at this time of the season though.
By the way, Timmy and Kizza arent going to have anymore success at Gig than what they would of had at Tonny, neither side are going to get anywhere near a premiership and both won't play finals imo. I am sure they are having a good time out there and good luck to them both.
all well and gud mate well said but it is far too early to right off gig and tonny 4 finals its still a realistic goals gig r 2 and 4 and its next two games should b wins and we wer unluky agaist murch

all well and gud mate well said but it is far too early to right off gig and tonny 4 finals its still a realistic goals gig r 2 and 4 and its next two games should b wins and we wer unluky agaist murch
I think you're probably getting a bit carried away there, keep in mind that Avenel beat Murchison (whom Girgarre lost to), and Rushworth in turn smashed Avenel by 70 points... I think you'll find that Rushworth will be a contender for finals action in 2010.

I think you're probably getting a bit carried away there, keep in mind that Avenel beat Murchison (whom Girgarre lost to), and Rushworth in turn smashed Avenel by 70 points... I think you'll find that Rushworth will be a contender for finals action in 2010.
Maybe it will b 2 hard games but i recken girgarre get ova looked as a threat and the complacity that other clubs have 4 the roos may get the opposition into trouble. Girgarre have recruited really well, troy snelson has been a huge influence and they also got a couple of unknowns from the WRFl down werribee way that could help there cause. im not trying ta talk up girgarre i just down think other teams should disregard them as a potiential finals contender or if not shape the finals

Maybe it will b 2 hard games but i recken girgarre get ova looked as a threat and the complacity that other clubs have 4 the roos may get the opposition into trouble. Girgarre have recruited really well, troy snelson has been a huge influence and they also got a couple of unknowns from the WRFl down werribee way that could help there cause. im not trying ta talk up girgarre i just down think other teams should disregard them as a potiential finals contender or if not shape the finals

whos the werribee players

Enough of the texting!! Spend an extra couple of seconds and post in English!

whos the werribee players
Sorry about the text talk. I just beleive that girgarre have been underestimated this because of the last five years have been terrible but this year they have recruited better and more importantly the locals who once made girgarre a successful club are know returned to the club i think avenal will have there work cut out this weekend if girgarre move the ball quikly and use the pace of thier young guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back