KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

I know it's a bit late, "A big well done to the Longwood FNC on the weekend".
Hope it's the start of things to come, would be great to see them establish themselves as a consistant team in their new league.
Let's get some more juniors playing in the KDFL now.

how are Tige and Beazer "gelling" with the netballers?

any talent up the bush lads?

Very happily taken bizza, my days of sweeping the shit of nightclub dancefloors at 6am are over... Beazer is a whole different story!

how are Tige and Beazer "gelling" with the netballers?

any talent up the bush lads?

Get back on you own thread nerd, whatever that is given you dont play.

And there are some very good footballers up here mate. Thanks for asking :)

Footy is a pretty basic sport but people complicate it by putting a spin on everything. You either know how to get the ball or you dont. Everybody has played footy long enough to know what a zone is and all those basic game plans etc. I agree with your point about getting heaps of touches but its what you do with them that counts, but this has got nothing to do with gelling with the team. That is just a matter of whether they know what to do with the ball. What could his team mates possibly do to confuse him enough so he could use that as an excuse for using it poorly??

My only point with this 'gelling' in a team thing is whether or not the players accept the new guys and are happy to give them the ball. (Sounds silly but it happens). But thats not the recruits issue, thats an issue the team has with them. A mate of mine played up the bush last year on big money and him and a few mates who saw the 1st couple of games swear that they deliberately didnt kick him the ball (as he was a key forward). But this wasnt his fault he didnt get the ball kicked to him. Midfielders and defenders however are around the ball or dont rely on getting the ball kicked to them so good players will get it in any team.

Just my thoughts.

I could've answered it a little better than that:thumbsu:

Get back on you own thread nerd, whatever that is given you dont play.

And there are some very good footballers up here mate. Thanks for asking :)

There's a spot for bizzas wife in underas netball team.

I could've answered it a little better than that:thumbsu:

haha:thumbsu:,

On a somewhat serious note though, Tige19 is right in that you are clutching at straws if a side is using 'we haven't gelled yet' as an excuse for not performing to your potential.
The reality is though whether it is 1 or 10 new players into the side most of them wil take 3 to 4 weeks to find their place and workout the nuances of their teammates and vice versa.

From pre-season training you aren't usually going to pick up whether a teammate is going to win one on one contests in the air or on the ground more times than not - therefore your decision making is clouded as to whether you should commit to be third man in/help out, or that you can back your teammate to win the footy and peel off and run and create an option.
Is your teamate going to run back with the flight of the ball to make a contest or will he turn and take a front and centre position?
Does your teammate reward runners or will he use the ball by foot 95% of the time?
Can u rely on your teammate to cover for you? etc, etc.
All of these questions have a bearing on the way everyone else goes about their own game so can have an affect on individuals and therefore the team as a whole.

These questions can only be answered over time in the heat of battle, and some players can sum up their teammates and react to the way they go about it in a week, while others will still have no idea come September!.
The new guy/s have 20+ players to work out, while the players already at the club have 3-4 or 10.

On a somewhat serious note though, Tige19 is right in that you are clutching at straws if a side is using 'we haven't gelled yet' as an excuse for not performing to your potential.
The reality is though whether it is 1 or 10 new players into the side most of them wil take 3 to 4 weeks to find their place and workout the nuances of their teammates and vice versa.

From pre-season training you aren't usually going to pick up whether a teammate is going to win one on one contests in the air or on the ground more times than not - therefore your decision making is clouded as to whether you should commit to be third man in/help out, or that you can back your teammate to win the footy and peel off and run and create an option.
Is your teamate going to run back with the flight of the ball to make a contest or will he turn and take a front and centre position?
Does your teammate reward runners or will he use the ball by foot 95% of the time?
All of these questions have a bearing on the way everyone else goes about their own game so can have an affect on individuals and therefore the team as a whole.

These questions can only be answered over time in the heat of battle, and some players can sum up their teammates and react to the way they go about it in a week, while others will still have no idea come September!.
The new guy/s have 20+ players to work out, while the players already at the club have 3-4 or 10.
G'day Hank
Mate .. that is the most erudite summary of discussion on this topic which stands head and shoulders above the naysayers!
Longwood Redlegs have had to ENDURE two years of torment before we could get to this great KDFL league. For instance losing four top players of the mid-noughties to Nagambie, solely due to the prolonged death of the Benalla League. And all the best to those guys who needed a true level of competition. Were part of 2009 Grand Final.
Todays 29 point loss to Merrigum was; in a sense, another great day at Redlegs Stadium .. and on the re-bound of the return matches later in the season there will be no more talk of “waiting for the gel” .. unless it’s for the hair sculpture after post game showers!
What you have said encapsulates the Redlegs at the moment. 5 local guys back from 2007 ( now away from town) and training available at Melbourne Uni and Bendigo for all out-of-towners.
A foreign legion maybe – but working hard on game day. With still good numbers on the Redlegs track.
Cheers
John Carrot
Ps Merrigum Bulldogs great visitors and were particularly impressed with Redlegs Stadium’s facilities and organisation. Altho’ one bloke said the ground is short 15 metres at one end!! Think it might have been the bloke who kicked all the behinds in the ‘Gum’s score of 9.24/78 to 7.7/49. Game played in great spirit.:thumbsu::)

G'day Hank
Mate .. that is the most erudite summary of discussion on this topic which stands head and shoulders above the naysayers!
Longwood Redlegs have had to ENDURE two years of torment before we could get to this great KDFL league. For instance losing four top players of the mid-noughties to Nagambie, solely due to the prolonged death of the Benalla League. And all the best to those guys who needed a true level of competition. Were part of 2009 Grand Final.
Todays 29 point loss to Merrigum was; in a sense, another great day at Redlegs Stadium .. and on the re-bound of the return matches later in the season there will be no more talk of “waiting for the gel” .. unless it’s for the hair sculpture after post game showers!
What you have said encapsulates the Redlegs at the moment. 5 local guys back from 2007 ( now away from town) and training available at Melbourne Uni and Bendigo for all out-of-towners.
A foreign legion maybe – but working hard on game day. With still good numbers on the Redlegs track.
Cheers
John Carrot
Ps Merrigum Bulldogs great visitors and were particularly impressed with Redlegs Stadium’s facilities and organisation. Altho’ one bloke said the ground is short 15 metres at one end!! Think it might have been the bloke who kicked all the behinds in the ‘Gum’s score of 9.24/78 to 7.7/49. Game played in great spirit.:thumbsu::)

Cheers JC, one poster came to me today to say that you were taking the piss out of me, they obviously don't know what 'erudite' means!

"An erudite person has both deep and broad familiarity with a certain subject, often gained through study and extensive reading of the subject's literature rather than formal scholarship."

Cheers JC, one poster came to me today to say that you were taking the piss out of me, they obviously don't know what 'erudite' means!

"An erudite person has both deep and broad familiarity with a certain subject, often gained through study and extensive reading of the subject's literature rather than formal scholarship."

Good onya Hank..
I’m not a school teacher, but for emphasis I like to use words bigger than “wheel-barrow”!
But I also have a penchant to be a Shyte stirrer if I feel the “humus has hit the oscillator”!!
Cheers cobber
John Carrot:thumbsu::)

Good onya Hank..
I’m not a school teacher, but for emphasis I like to use words bigger than “wheel-barrow”!
But I also have a penchant to be a Shyte stirrer if I feel the “humus has hit the oscillator”!!
Cheers cobber

So your a concreter who likes to rock back and forward , while exploring your lexicon for better describing words while you trowel ;) keep up the good work Johnny . :thumbsu:

Good onya Hank..
Cheers cobber

getting a bit concerned as to the nature of the "gel" that you two are developing between each other

Thanks for writing that Hank!:thumbsu: Saved me having to! I'm glad someone knows what we are on about!

Couldn't have answered it better myself!;)

On an off field note:

Lanky Centenary Ball - Great night had by all!
The Eye Fillet was Delicious! Actually so was the chicken!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for writing that Hank!:thumbsu: Saved me having to! I'm glad someone knows what we are on about!

Couldn't have answered it better myself!;)

On an off field note:

Lanky Centenary Ball - Great night had by all!
The Eye Fillet was Delicious! Actually so was the chicken!

We know, you had a couple of goes already and couldn't answer yourself.

Nagambie played solidly on Sat in one of the best games I've witnessed for a while.

A lot better than the crap I watched on Telly Friday night, and a lot better than the hit the brick wall performance I witnessed first hand at the MCG yesterday.

Just pleased I was in standing room in close proximity to the bar.

Good onya Hank..
Cheers cobber

What ever happened to wheelbarrow???

So your a concreter who likes to rock back and forward , while exploring your lexicon for better describing words while you trowel ;) keep up the good work Johnny . :thumbsu:
G'day Acker Dacker
For "gawdsake", now I have to refer to my Oxford dictionary to find out if I have been insulted again!!
But I think the wink gave the idea of the response..
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:

What ever happened to wheelbarrow???

G’day Doona
Good call mate, but as Acker Dacker has called me a concreter, I reckoned the wheelbarrow would have to move up to country land owner status by having a hyphen in the name!!
So enough of the highbrow crap .. before some obtuse reader regards the topic as bullshite!
Say like “Sad Sack” .. erh .. “Naasdak” .. fr’instance.
Must talk footy and Longwood is looking forward to another new away trip to Stanhope this week .. half way to Horsham isn’t it?
Redlegs have got a couple of good un’s out with injury .. Trent Newitt fr’instance with four breaks in his foot! But hearts still beat true.
Cheers

G'day Acker Dacker
For "gawdsake", now I have to refer to my Oxford dictionary to find out if I have been insulted again!!
But I think the wink gave the idea of the response..
Cheers

Not at all mate ,most of my posts are tonge in cheek . See ya saturday , on the road to Horsham :D

U mite not get a game Ack, Only training one nite week:eek:

G'day Mainstream .. erh.. Mainliner ..erh .. Staightliner .. whatever!!
If Acker Dacker is travelling on the road from Horsham he will have to make sure of training.
22 on the track, in the rain .. at Redlegs Stadium tonight, this Tuesd'y night. Unheard of in the days of Benalla League. More to come from this Thursd'y.
Cheers Mainland .. only jokin' cobber!

U mite not get a game Ack, Only training one nite week:eek:

I did train , looking after my nephews farm for a couple of days . had to feed the stinkers after work so I had a run at locky . Be back thursday ,how about you ?fit and ready to go ?

I did train , looking after my nephews farm for a couple of days . had to feed the stinkers after work so I had a run at locky . Be back thursday ,how about you ?fit and ready to go ?

Ah very good hear Ack, well Im ready to go but the fitness has dropped off after 4 weeks on the sidelines:(

We also had a decent number on the track last nite in the rain counted 28(which was unusual):thumbsu:

Ah very good hear Ack, well Im ready to go but the fitness has dropped off after 4 weeks on the sidelines:(

We also had a decent number on the track last nite in the rain counted 28(which was unusual):thumbsu:

That you can count?

22 on the track, in the rain .. at Redlegs Stadium tonight, this Tuesd'y night. Unheard of in the days of Benalla League. More to come from this Thursd'y.
Cheers Mainland .. only jokin' cobber!
John Carrot:thumbsu:[/quote]

Good numbers on the track Carrot, do they think they have a chance this week? What's your thoughts?
Heard there may be a few missing.

Go The Leggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back