KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Tav at this stage from what I know Toohey & Arho have been in talks with Billabong crows from the Hume League & dont think Tally can match the offer, apparently Toohey wasn't happy of the way Tally handled his knee reco so wants out & Arho is his good mate so they usually go together!
With Hueston it was mentioned that he spoke with Lancy & was considering his options but have been told since that he wants to have 1 more year with United?? Guess we'll find out 100% in the next few weeks as everyones seasons get closer....
& with Jake I think by the time the season starts Big Lloydy should turn into Fit Lloydy & will be on the money right from the start. Depending where u boys play him? (as he can be a deep key go to forward or can play up on a flank & set up from there, is smart enough for either position plus squirts in the mid to break things open, bit like Stuie Dew:D) But I would think he'd be worth 50-70 goals for ur club either directly or setting them up for others.... :thumbsu:

Can confirm that toohey has left tally and signed at billabong crows and he done it in very two faced fashion as he had already signed at tally!! would think mover that he,s used the "they didnt help me with my reco" excuse to get out! Sounds like a good character bloke by all reports,:thumbsdown: as for arho he will be staying at tally and hasnt missed to many sessions to date!!:thumbsu:

Can confirm that toohey has left tally and signed at billabong crows and he done it in very two faced fashion as he had already signed at tally!! would think mover that he,s used the "they didnt help me with my reco" excuse to get out! Sounds like a good character bloke by all reports,:thumbsdown: as for arho he will be staying at tally and hasnt missed to many sessions to date!!:thumbsu:

Yeah I agree wash that is pretty poor form to sign at a club then ditch them cause a better offer pops up but then use a totally different excuse when its time to go..... & if Arho does stay tally should have a reasonably potent forward line with him & Shadbolt (if gets fit) both fairly flexible/agile big forwards that can kick bags of goals!!!!

Can anyone tell me how their thirds are travelling this year and what sort of numbers they have... VT have been getting around 20 at training and look as though they will be more competitive this year than the previous two years.. Not sure wether they are finals bound ( probably not ) but should win the odd game.. Word on the grapevine is that some of the other sides are really struggling at this stage...

Cant see Longwood 3rds winning a game this year jack! :D
Not sure what the real problem with 3rds is as Euroa Auskick has 100 kids (not sure what VT has?) and Euroa Junior footy seems to have plenty of numbers. But when it gets to u18 they have all vanished. No 3rds at Euroa last year and sounds like they have had to recruit far to get the numbers?? I also have heard but dont know for sure that Longwood is expected to put a 3rds side on the park but cant see that ever happening!

Cant see Longwood 3rds winning a game this year jack! :D
Not sure what the real problem with 3rds is as Euroa Auskick has 100 kids (not sure what VT has?) and Euroa Junior footy seems to have plenty of numbers. But when it gets to u18 they have all vanished. No 3rds at Euroa last year and sounds like they have had to recruit far to get the numbers?? I also have heard but dont know for sure that Longwood is expected to put a 3rds side on the park but cant see that ever happening!

The solution to player shortages lies in adopting an Under 14s competition in the KDL. The success can be seen by driving a few km to see how the Murray and Picola Leagues operate. Fourths work as they develop connectedness, ease the transition between grades and make a lasting impression on the player.

Kids that play 4ths for a club, belong to that club as it is 'home'. They identify with that team or town. Their parents have been involved with the club from the age of ten. Kids and parents build a real connection with the club.

Kids that play 4ths for a club, get to know the Senior players in a club. Senior players run water and help out the 4ths grade. The 4ths kids are part of the team. Many end up as team mates within six years.

Kids that play 4ths for a club, don't have the difficult transition from moving from the GVL driven school comps into the district league ranks as they graduate with their mates. The retention of players is much greater. The players are drafted directly from primary school and may continue playing at that club for the best part of thirty years. What better connection can you get?

Kids want to play football. Real clubs provide the real atmosphere that kids are after. Fourths provide that. I can't believe that the KDL still has not adopted a Fourths competition to cater for and entice their next generation of players.

KDL clubs are leaving junior development to the major league clubs in the area to influence over and dictate to the KDL towns on how their kids will feed into major league ranks instead. This influence means that kids must now go 'out' to the KDL if they don't make GVL thirds or give up altogether. The better alternative is getting the better kids to go 'in' to the GVL if they show promise in the KDL system. They then go 'back home' after that stage of their careers.

The solution to player shortages lies in adopting an Under 14s competition in the KDL. The success can be seen by driving a few km to see how the Murray and Picola Leagues operate. Fourths work as they develop connectedness, ease the transition between grades and make a lasting impression on the player.

Kids that play 4ths for a club, belong to that club as it is 'home'. They identify with that team or town. Their parents have been involved with the club from the age of ten. Kids and parents build a real connection with the club.

Kids that play 4ths for a club, get to know the Senior players in a club. Senior players run water and help out the 4ths grade. The 4ths kids are part of the team. Many end up as team mates within six years.

Kids that play 4ths for a club, don't have the difficult transition from moving from the GVL driven school comps into the district league ranks as they graduate with their mates. The retention of players is much greater. The players are drafted directly from primary school and may continue playing at that club for the best part of thirty years. What better connection can you get?

Kids want to play football. Real clubs provide the real atmosphere that kids are after. Fourths provide that. I can't believe that the KDL still has not adopted a Fourths competition to cater for and entice their next generation of players.

KDL clubs are leaving junior development to the major league clubs in the area to influence over and dictate to the KDL towns on how their kids will feed into major league ranks instead. This influence means that kids must now go 'out' to the KDL if they don't make GVL thirds or give up altogether. The better alternative is getting the better kids to go 'in' to the GVL if they show promise in the KDL system. They then go 'back home' after that stage of their careers.

That all sounds very promising, but at the end of the day I can't see the league even looking at it.

When they can't/won't imploy away shorts for team colour clashes.. I'm fairly certain they won't come up with the system that involes another comp.

The U/14's comp is quite good around the Kyabram area. A mixture of school based and town based teams have been in place for a long time, and is 'known' to everyone around the area. But what happens when you have 15 kids in Year 7/8 at one school that play for 4 different clubs, what effect will that have?

It's very unfortunate. But I just can't see it happening.

That all sounds very promising, but at the end of the day I can't see the league even looking at it.

When they can't/won't imploy away shorts for team colour clashes.. I'm fairly certain they won't come up with the system that involes another comp.

The U/14's comp is quite good around the Kyabram area. A mixture of school based and town based teams have been in place for a long time, and is 'known' to everyone around the area. But what happens when you have 15 kids in Year 7/8 at one school that play for 4 different clubs, what effect will that have?

It's very unfortunate. But I just can't see it happening.

Who are the school based comps good for?

The kids in year 7 and 8 start the banter early. They will probably even play rep footy together for the KDFL. The GVFL clubs are then their next stop as they move along that journey. The banter will have already started as they were playing against each other as grade 5 and 6 kids.

Give it take up time like the junior netballers did.

The major league towns can still run their comps, but kids will never forget their start in footy and wouldn't it be better, for the KDL, if they can say that it was at KDL level?

Avenel and Nagambie kids already play in a combined side and l believe the u15 side is struggling for numbers as it is , l cant see longwood getting a side either , l understand your reasons but l cant see it happening either

Who are the school based comps good for?

The kids in year 7 and 8 start the banter early. They will probably even play rep footy together for the KDFL. The GVFL clubs are then their next stop as they move along that journey. The banter will have already started as they were playing against each other as grade 5 and 6 kids.

Give it take up time like the junior netballers did.

The major league towns can still run their comps, but kids will never forget their start in footy and wouldn't it be better, for the KDL, if they can say that it was at KDL level?
The last couple of times you've brought the idea of KDL Under 14's up I've disagreed with you. However, this time I am inclined to agree. The junior competitions around Benalla, Shepparton and Seymour do seem to be geared toward providing the local GV side with a recruiting ground.

The problem is that you won't often see GV Under 18 sides struggle for numbers (ignoring Euroa out of convenience), where quite often their KDL counterparts will run out with 16 or 17 players. Like you said IWAF, at the age of 16, most kids are playing their first game for their new club in the KDL. Some of these kids are there only because they couldn't play for the bigger club in town (rather than their home club), which is not a great situation, as they may have preferred to be somewhere else.

In saying that, I can't see it changing any time soon. From what I understand, the VCFL is a big advocate of the junior competitions.

The last couple of times you've brought the idea of KDL Under 14's up I've disagreed with you. However, this time I am inclined to agree. The junior competitions around Benalla, Shepparton and Seymour do seem to be geared toward providing the local GV side with a recruiting ground.

The problem is that you won't often see GV Under 18 sides struggle for numbers (ignoring Euroa out of convenience), where quite often their KDL counterparts will run out with 16 or 17 players. Like you said IWAF, at the age of 16, most kids are playing their first game for their new club in the KDL. Some of these kids are there only because they couldn't play for the bigger club in town (rather than their home club), which is not a great situation, as they may have preferred to be somewhere else.

In saying that, I can't see it changing any time soon. From what I understand, the VCFL is a big advocate of the junior competitions.

The loss of 4ths at VT has really hurt the club with those that would have played 4ths back in the Central Goulburn days now going to the Benalla or Euroa comps.

And at that age their parents still take them to the footy and get involved (some anyway), so you then lose the families.

We have a number of local kids that could be playing 4ths but once you have lost them to the Junior comps in town it is very hard to get them back, hence the suffering of our thirds in recent years.

Prediction odds for flag to spark debate

Violet town $1.80
Lancaster $3.00
Murchison, Rushworth $8
Merrigum,stanhope tally $21
Girgaree $31
Avenel $41
Longwood, ardmona, any other team $101

The loss of 4ths at VT has really hurt the club with those that would have played 4ths back in the Central Goulburn days now going to the Benalla or Euroa comps.

And at that age their parents still take them to the footy and get involved (some anyway), so you then lose the families.

We have a number of local kids that could be playing 4ths but once you have lost them to the Junior comps in town it is very hard to get them back, hence the suffering of our thirds in recent years.
Very true Sparra, Have been pushing for awhile now to get our own u/14 in our league but can't seem to get it over the line.:thumbsdown:

Was a pitty to get so much rain over the weekend that washed out our game, with next weeks match also cancelled due to Blacks having a lack of numbers available you would think that H would be keen to drum up another praccy match with someone. It would be nice to have a game at home but with the cricket finals being hosted there it would have to be hosted by the opposition:p:D:D

Very true Sparra, Have been pushing for awhile now to get our own u/14 in our league but can't seem to get it over the line.:thumbsdown:

Why don't either Seymour or Euroa as Major League clubs have a word to the VCFL and surround themselves with a district comp. Use their oval for the grand final, and facilities for league duties such as meetings etc. Something similar to the boundaries of the local junior footy or cricket comp down here with a couple of neighbouring clubs would be a real goer - then you could have 4ths for those who could field them and have more a chance of ya kids coming right thru as both summer/winter you'd be competing against a similar lot of clubs forming all year round rivalry.

Prediction odds for flag to spark debate

Violet town $1.80
Lancaster $3.00
Murchison, Rushworth $8
Merrigum,stanhope tally $21
Girgaree $31
Avenel $41
Longwood, ardmona, any other team $101

real odds from sportsbet have already been posted on here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don't either Seymour or Euroa as Major League clubs have a word to the VCFL and surround themselves with a district comp. Use their oval for the grand final, and facilities for league duties such as meetings etc. Something similar to the boundaries of the local junior footy or cricket comp down here with a couple of neighbouring clubs would be a real goer - then you could have 4ths for those who could field them and have more a chance of ya kids coming right thru as both summer/winter you'd be competing against a similar lot of clubs forming all year round rivalry.
Not a bad idea:thumbsu: Trying to find someone with the vision and passion to get the ball rolling is the key l guess..

Not a bad idea:thumbsu: Trying to find someone with the vision and passion to get the ball rolling is the key l guess..

Believe it not there were a few willing to give it a go at the end of our great CGFL in 2005, but the governing body wouldn't hear of it :(

I'll have $20 on Nagambie thanks Marco.

To easy hanky! Do you honestly think nagambie will beat either vt lanky or murch or you just like the odds? Yeah nagz got a great coach and have recruited but i just think vt recruits are more expierenced in better standard and are also built for finals footy but hey thats what its all about at this stage of the year before rnd 1 kicks off because its all speculation as such:cool:

To easy hanky! Do you honestly think nagambie will beat either vt lanky or murch or you just like the odds? Yeah nagz got a great coach and have recruited but i just think vt recruits are more expierenced in better standard and are also built for finals footy but hey thats what its all about at this stage of the year before rnd 1 kicks off because its all speculation as such:cool:
Hey stopit there marco, will need decent odds or another super 66 win to pay for these guys and your not helping our odds at all,, I think Nagaz are a massive chance along with Undera, lanky, Murch and yeah bugga it every other side too has a big chance. Lets make it $5 the field..:D:D

I reckon Nagambie are a good show to finish 3rd and grab a double chance, if they do end up there then they are obviously a good chance to take it out. VT are well ahead of everyone else, but once finals roll around you never know, especially when the favs not only went out in straight sets last year but havent won a final in this league, the mail is that a few of the recruits are already getting cold feet, Russ Lee is the only one that is 100% committed, a similar story at Lancy with Barnett wishing he signed at Nathalia;).

But first and foremost, I just like the odds:D

I reckon Nagambie are a good show to finish 3rd and grab a double chance, if they do end up there then they are obviously a good chance to take it out. VT are well ahead of everyone else, but once finals roll around you never know, especially when the favs not only went out in straight sets last year but havent won a final in this league, the mail is that a few of the recruits are already getting cold feet, Russ Lee is the only one that is 100% committed, a similar story at Lancy with Barnett wishing he signed at Nathalia;).

But first and foremost, I just like the odds:D
Yep their all leaving because our numbers didn't come up this week. All now heading to Longwood who are now unbackable..Vt to blow out to odds of 10-1:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back