KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep their all leaving because our numbers didn't come up this week. All now heading to Longwood who are now unbackable..Vt to blow out to odds of 10-1:D

LOL, keep talking it down Jax, I'm trying to help!, someone might listen eventually:thumbsu:

Can confirm that toohey has left tally and signed at billabong crows and he done it in very two faced fashion as he had already signed at tally!! would think mover that he,s used the "they didnt help me with my reco" excuse to get out! Sounds like a good character bloke by all reports,:thumbsdown: as for arho he will be staying at tally and hasnt missed to many sessions to date!!:thumbsu:

I find it hard to understand that Toohey can say that "They (Tally) didnt help with my reco ".
Fact- Tally paid for Tooheys reco in full.
Fact- Tally coach (Dicko) spoke to the doctor that did his reco a couple of years ago and got opp bought forward, Tooher only waited 10 days for opp.
Fact- Tally continued to pay extea cost for him whilst not working.
Tall were not going to clear him due to there out off pocker costs, but new club paid it all to the club in full..
This is all after Toohey shook Dickos hand, sighned and said im in for the year !!!
Tally did a fair bit for that bloke, thats how he repays them....
Not a good caracter bloke after all !!

I find it hard to understand that Toohey can say that "They (Tally) didnt help with my reco ".
Fact- Tally paid for Tooheys reco in full.
Fact- Tally coach (Dicko) spoke to the doctor that did his reco a couple of years ago and got opp bought forward, Tooher only waited 10 days for opp.
Fact- Tally continued to pay extea cost for him whilst not working.
Tall were not going to clear him due to there out off pocker costs, but new club paid it all to the club in full..
This is all after Toohey shook Dickos hand, sighned and said im in for the year !!!
Tally did a fair bit for that bloke, thats how he repays them....
Not a good caracter bloke after all !!

Fact- Tally Denied his clearance today?? Did they pull a shifty over the billabong crows:D

The solution to player shortages lies in adopting an Under 14s competition in the KDL. The success can be seen by driving a few km to see how the Murray and Picola Leagues operate. Fourths work as they develop connectedness, ease the transition between grades and make a lasting impression on the player.

Kids that play 4ths for a club, belong to that club as it is 'home'. They identify with that team or town. Their parents have been involved with the club from the age of ten. Kids and parents build a real connection with the club.

Kids that play 4ths for a club, get to know the Senior players in a club. Senior players run water and help out the 4ths grade. The 4ths kids are part of the team. Many end up as team mates within six years.

Kids that play 4ths for a club, don't have the difficult transition from moving from the GVL driven school comps into the district league ranks as they graduate with their mates. The retention of players is much greater. The players are drafted directly from primary school and may continue playing at that club for the best part of thirty years. What better connection can you get?

Kids want to play football. Real clubs provide the real atmosphere that kids are after. Fourths provide that. I can't believe that the KDL still has not adopted a Fourths competition to cater for and entice their next generation of players.

KDL clubs are leaving junior development to the major league clubs in the area to influence over and dictate to the KDL towns on how their kids will feed into major league ranks instead. This influence means that kids must now go 'out' to the KDL if they don't make GVL thirds or give up altogether. The better alternative is getting the better kids to go 'in' to the GVL if they show promise in the KDL system. They then go 'back home' after that stage of their careers.

I think that your idea's a good one (it would help us at Murchison because it would stem the flow of players to Tatura JFC, although a lot of the Murch boys come back eventually, there are those who don't), but I would like to hear what the KDFL's Junior Development Officer's (most league's have one, I hope the KDFL does) opinions and ideas about this.

I think that an Under 14's competition would be a good thing in the medium to long term, (this might be something that's implemented over a period of 3-4 years, according to club interest), but I think that clubs should try any run more "Little League" type events featuring towns that have Auskick programs during home games.

It would mean having the seniors in the rooms at 1/2 time for longer, but I think having a "Little League" type set-up featuring for example the Auskick from Girgarre playing the Auskick from Stanhope, or the Murchison auskick playing against Rushworth would be a good first step.

Have them in the proper club jumpers (like Little League, where they wear the jumpers of the competing clubs), give them a voucher for a hotdog and a coke after the game, give the parents a voucher for a cup of tea/coffee afterwards.

I know that there are some communities that don't run auskick programs, but it's worth a try and it might work if you involve towns that are close to one another

The Northern League in Melbourne runs a similar program late in the season (although there are a few that do it regularly, like Mernda & Panton Hill), where they allot 2-3 weeks to host an Auskick at 1/2 time, and it works well.

Anything that can give these kids a feel for the place, and if the clubs go the extra effort to make them feel at home, even if you may not have the teams for them to go into as yet, it could help in getting more numbers.

That is exactly where 4ths started. Used to be half time games. Then it moved to be before the 3rds. This gave the kids a decent run of 12 min quarters.

Time is made up by reducing the half time break in the 2nds and 3rds (they don't go into rooms).

Half time games each week would be a great start, club jumpers would be a bonus.

Hey jaxbac whats with the red mate??? Please PM me (I cant PM you for some reason) about whats the go for Sunday v Broadford, wanna come for a look and come say hi. Will you field an alright squad, where you playing, what time?

Hey jaxbac whats with the red mate??? Please PM me (I cant PM you for some reason) about whats the go for Sunday v Broadford, wanna come for a look and come say hi. Will you field an alright squad, where you playing, what time?

The red card is for trying to hose down money talks at VT:D:D:D

The red card is for trying to hose down money talks at VT:D:D:D

Ha ha who knows, perhaps it was for seeking a practice match. I copped a warning for doing the same on Yarraville Seddon's behalf 2 weeks ago. Even if it isnt for a home game and no chance of making $$$ for ya club it's deemed advertising and not allowed under the rules and regulations of BigFooty.

It worked anyways coz I saw it, put jaxbac onto Broadford FC and they enjoyed a good hit out this afternoon :thumbsu:

Looking forward to ya return mate.......

Ha ha who knows, perhaps it was for seeking a practice match. I copped a warning for doing the same on Yarraville Seddon's behalf 2 weeks ago. Even if it isnt for a home game and no chance of making $$$ for ya club it's deemed advertising and not allowed under the rules and regulations of BigFooty.

It worked anyways coz I saw it, put jaxbac onto Broadford FC and they enjoyed a good hit out this afternoon :thumbsu:

Looking forward to ya return mate.......

Thats bullshit....

This is a footy site & we're all talking footy 1 way or another even if it is looking 4 a praccy match, atleast then other players/teams can see who ur playing if they are keen 2 come & watch....

Sometimes people over do it & push the boundaries too far!! Take a chill pill BIG FOOTY....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it may have been because Jax was stirring up one of the local mods on the GV thread.

Although I agree, using BigFooty to look for last minute practice matches can't be that much of an issue.

Yep, things need to be changed if you can't put it out there that your club is looking for a practice match! Anything that is for the betterment of the game/clubs/league has to be a good thing, and if BigFooty can be an avenue for clubs to help organise a pre-season hit out then their should not be anything from stopping them from doing so.

Moderator Announcement :
In relation to asking for practice matches , players, coaches , promoting of functions etc etc , for the past 3-4 years we have asked users to use the My Footy board and have generally deleted posts of first time offenders and asked them to refrain from doing so in future.
My Footy practices match thread :
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795756
Bigfooty rule states :
" Leave out the spam. Posting links to sites or contacting people via PM advertising your web site or goods or services is not allowed. Contact us if you want to advertise. If you have an announcement to make let us know and we might include it in our regular e-mail newsletter. We sometimes filter out domain names of sites which spam. Do not evade the filter to post links to those sites. Posting the same thread across multiple boards is counted as spam, even if it is non-commercial. Frac: Serious "

If you have any issue by all means discuss with mods via PM , including if you wish to post something like mentioned above , it may be possible to draw attention to it via a mod announcement , which obviously would prevent it from being outside BF rules and deleted .
Don't take pot shots upon boards , it doesn't help anyone .
Cheers
RP

Moderator Announcement :
In relation to asking for practice matches , players, coaches , promoting of functions etc etc , for the past 3-4 years we have asked users to use the My Footy board and have generally deleted posts of first time offenders and asked them to refrain from doing so in future.
Bigfooty rule states :
" Leave out the spam. Posting links to sites or contacting people via PM advertising your web site or goods or services is not allowed. Contact us if you want to advertise. If you have an announcement to make let us know and we might include it in our regular e-mail newsletter. We sometimes filter out domain names of sites which spam. Do not evade the filter to post links to those sites. Posting the same thread across multiple boards is counted as spam, even if it is non-commercial. Frac: Serious "

If you have any issue by all means discuss with mods via PM , including if you wish to post something like mentioned above , it may be possible to draw attention to it via a mod announcement , which obviously would prevent it from being outside BF rules and deleted .
Cheers
RP
Touchy subject.....

We played Broady yesty at a small oval with a huge down hill slope in Wandong and although scores weren't kept I'd roughly say we got up by 10 goals in a 4 x 15-20min quarter match (not sure exactly of that either, but the quarters didn't feel long). Good to get back into it anyway.

How have other clubs gone with praccy matches so far? I heard that Nagambie were going to be playing Dookie, how'd that go?

Touchy subject.....

We played Broady yesty at a small oval with a huge down hill slope in Wandong and although scores weren't kept I'd roughly say we got up by 10 goals in a 4 x 15-20min quarter match (not sure exactly of that either, but the quarters didn't feel long). Good to get back into it anyway.

How have other clubs gone with praccy matches so far? I heard that Nagambie were going to be playing Dookie, how'd that go?

Pretty sure the goalie to the top end kept score Bodzy coz I was chatting to Jaxbac at half time and he had it 10.4 to about 2.3. Trotts text me last night as obviously he couldn't post it to say it was 72pts in the end.

I came round the goals thinking you'd be last line in the sqaure to get some players pointed out but you seemed a bit further up the ground yesty ;)

Agree totally with hank1, seems we've become a bit precious, especially when my post last night got deleted for even mentioning all this :mad: I understand the rules (now) but surely discussing practice games is more footy orientated that some crap that gets posted.

Moderator Announcement :
Bigfooty rule states :

Cheers
RP
Big Footy? Big Brother may be more appropriate:thumbsdown:

Pretty sure the goalie to the top end kept score Bodzy coz I was chatting to Jaxbac at half time and he had it 10.4 to about 2.3. Trotts text me last night as obviously he couldn't post it to say it was 72pts in the end.

I came round the goals thinking you'd be last line in the sqaure to get some players pointed out but you seemed a bit further up the ground yesty ;)

Agree totally with hank1, seems we've become a bit precious, especially when my post last night got deleted for even mentioning all this :mad: I understand the rules (now) but surely discussing practice games is more footy orientated that some crap that gets posted.

I'm not aware of any of your posts discussing this being deleted and whilst it remains an objective discussion I don't think there should be any issue.
Discussing practice matches such as what has happend within a practice match or where a side maybe playing is not outside BF rules , asking for practice matches, players , coaches etc upon general boards is , and has been enforced upon all Vic regionals for the past few years.

I've been on bigfooty for a while now and didn't even know you could get a red card..

Anyway, jaxbac has done it again, Marcus dean to VT. Another quality recruit in the athletic ruck man. Regardless of how much they're spending it's still a good effort to lure these type of players, I'd say horsborough, gleeson, saddington, lee, whelan, Williams, sage, dean (is mick gay going there, too??) would fit into any GV side at the moment, so they've got some artillery.

Hope they don't get too many more, they're still only just beatable at present..

I've been on bigfooty for a while now and didn't even know you could get a red card..

Anyway, jaxbac has done it again, Marcus dean to VT. Another quality recruit in the athletic ruck man. Regardless of how much they're spending it's still a good effort to lure these type of players, I'd say horsborough, gleeson, saddington, lee, whelan, Williams, sage, dean (is mick gay going there, too??) would fit into any GV side at the moment, so they've got some artillery.

Hope they don't get too many more, they're still only just beatable at present..

Mick Gay playing at Heidelberg. You could leave us a couple of players. Seeing thats now four players from the unbeaten side of a few years ago.

Still say J Williams the pick of the bunch

Talking with jacbax Sunday and they never spoke to or about Mick Gay, maybe someone just throwing it out to perhaps get hime offered a few more $$$.

Williams will be a gun thats for sure, as will Lee, Whelan, Dean, Lamaro if his body stay's sound, Saddington, Gleeson etc etc. There was a guy who wore #21 and looked extremely similar to Lee who could be as good as any of them ...... dunno who he was??? I reckon Hayden and the fwd's would love running up at him both on the right and left foot

Interesting to see VT are playing Panton Hill this saturday. A Northern League Division 3 team.

The other club that has taken a lot of H'berg players this season. Think its currently 5-6 players. Including Zac Williams. Be fun to wacth the Williams Sisters on opposing teams.

You'd imagine VT with their signings to have a fairly easy day of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back