KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanhope got over Ardmona by 120 points. Ardy looked very promising early and had 3 on the board before Stanhope scored. They look to be a much improved side and will challenge a few sides this year.

Stanhope got over Ardmona by 120 points. Ardy looked very promising early and had 3 on the board before Stanhope scored. They look to be a much improved side and will challenge a few sides this year.
yeh looked good in the first, give them a few more weeks they'll come good, a couple of more additions to the mix will be good. ;)
Very happy with what I saw, Youngy and all involved should be proud of what they've done.
Also talking to a couple of carloads of spectators after the game (5 Adults 4 Kids) Was very Happy, and Surprised, to hear that they'd come from Melbourne to watch them play, I'm fair dinkum, I asked why they'd come up, when they said they had a long drive home, Thinking they had family playing and they said " we saw the article in the paper last weekend and wanted to come up and watch just for support.
So some help from other patrons would be nice don't you think?
Who wants to see another one bite the dust, Not me.

Witnessed a cracking game tonight at Kyabram under lights with an impressive looking Merrigum outfit defeating Violet Town 12.23.96 to 13.11.89. As a neutral supporter have to say the umpiring was horrible, goal umpire managed to signal goals twice when in fact they were behinds seeing the central umpire over rule him. The two NT lads were very exciting at times for the gum.

Drove out to have a look at the great merrigum side i keep hearing about the other night
in a praccy against gig What a waste of fuel!They looked every thing but a top 6 side
Sali & Ram NOT worth half what they are getting.They will get pumped by vt !
By the way OSSIE has changed his mind again and will line up with VT!!!!
Great tip there Nostradamus.

Like reading the shepp news to catch up on the KDFL news, and most off the time clubs are really good with there clubs information. But it is really disappointing when clubs flat out lie in the paper...V/T saying they spend under 90k....what a joke...you must think we are all stupid...

Like reading the shepp news to catch up on the KDFL news, and most off the time clubs are really good with there clubs information. But it is really disappointing when clubs flat out lie in the paper...V/T saying they spend under 90k....what a joke...you must think we are all stupid...
What do they spend smartarse?

What do they spend smartarse?
yes Sparra....people shouldn't say that clubs are lying about player payments unless you see their financial reports. I have seen Tatura's and put on the GVFL site a couple of months back that Tatura spent around half of what idiots on this website were spreading crap about. Too many morons with false accusations on here having a go at clubs with good infrastructure to be successful, I think they call it tall poppy syndrome. Violet Town make some money from club Farming volunteers running a few steers each for the club on their properties. I have suggested this to executive members of three other clubs in local leagues and they all said it is too hard to organize! So people shouldn't have a go at clubs that do work hard to implement business projects to try and be successful.:)

Witnessed a cracking game tonight at Kyabram under lights with an impressive looking Merrigum outfit defeating Violet Town 12.23.96 to 13.11.89. As a neutral supporter have to say the umpiring was horrible, goal umpire managed to signal goals twice when in fact they were behinds seeing the central umpire over rule him. The two NT lads were very exciting at times for the gum.
Wandered out to have a look at this game and was suitably impressed by the standard and the crowd size but also thought the umpiring was pretty ordinary.
I hope Merrigum can keep the two indigenous boys as they were exciting and will only get better.
Stammers killed it in the ruck and the Merrigum onballers dominated centre clearances.
VT didn't look as fit as the Gum so I guess there will be improvement there.
Would think the big bloke Power would get the flick for Tarrant in next weeks game as I reckon I will go over and have a look at that one also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will Tally use on big Tarrant? He will tear the comp apart!

Good call Earl. Don't think it matters who they use on him. My bet is he will kick 15; any takers...?

Also, in relation to an earlier post about VT spending $90k, say that's true, in my mind wouldn't most other clubs, in general, spend around $45-60k/yr..? (apart from Murch this year).

If so, that's still a considerable amount more.

What figures are we thinking most clubs spend?

Good call Earl. Don't think it matters who they use on him. My bet is he will kick 15; any takers...?

Also, in relation to an earlier post about VT spending $90k, say that's true, in my mind wouldn't most other clubs, in general, spend around $45-60k/yr..? (apart from Murch this year).

If so, that's still a considerable amount more.

What figures are we thinking most clubs spend?

I'll take 20 goals. It will be like racing Michael Phelps against Eric the Eel. No offence to anyone at Tally by the way.. I don't envy your dilemma..

Tav I would say you're about right, I believe most would spend around that 45-60 mark. 90k spending (or above) in the KDL would need to be a serious assault on the flag IMO.. That may not sound ridiculous enough for the doomsayers of country football, but anyone who thinks district league clubs can spend major league coin for their lists need to go slip into a nice little straight jacket and have a good lie down..

Ardmona have landed a big fish in gun mooroopna on baller ash hockey, coming back from a badly broken arm will be massive if the bushcats are to move up the ladder.

Round 2 is upon us.
Ardy v Avenel - will be a close one Ardy looked good in patches on Saturday - Avenel by 30
Gig v Undera - I'm tipping Gig in another close one, Undera have lost a few and gig will challenge plenty - gig by 10
Lanky v Nagambie - with Lankys out this week can't see them getting past Nagambie - lakers by 23
Longwood v Murch - most open match of the round and a chance for Murch to flex their muscles - Murch by 150 +
Stanhope v Rushy - couple of handy inclusions in for the lions will see them get over the line - Stanhope by 50
VT v Tally - probably the match people will be talking about the most, VT too strong even without Tarrant & Kinnear - Vt by 78

Ardy v Avenel - I am going to back Ardy in to win their first win on the weekend, they managed to kick 9.5 against Stanhope on the weekend and will be better for the run. Ardy by 9 points

Gig v Undera - I'm going with Gig, give Nagambie a good run for their money last week and many tip Nagambie to finish in the top few this year. Gig by 16 points

Lanky v Nagambie - 7 outs for lanky this week will be hard to replace, nagambie should get the points you would think but it will also depend on who they get back in, i see reading the team sheets that Rob Auld played last week, depth could be a problem for the lakers this year. Nagambie by 10 points

Longwood v Murch - Murch by 200+, Rushy had 46 shots on goal against Longwood last week but kicked 20.26 if Murch can get them between the big sticks this will end up very ugly i think.

Stanhope v Rushy - both played sides round 1 that finished bottom last year, will be an interesting game. Stanhope will have Trist and Auld in and look to be stronger than last week. i dont think that rushy will get as many shots on goal this week so they will need to make sure they take their chances, this game will be a good yard stick for the tigers to see where they are at. Im going with Rushy by 4 points.

VT v Tally - big crowd expected out at VT on Sunday, Tally with a draw last week will be hungry for a win but one would think it was a bit of a wake up call for VT at Ky last weekend. Tarrant and Kinnear in for VT!! Man they will take some stopping. Good luck to the redlegs but im marking this one in the book for VT. VT by 47 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back