KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a good game by lancy on the wkend. Thought they would have produced a much better showing then that. Noticed they had a couple out but murch also had two out. Murch vs VT should be a more of a even contest. Will be interesting to see who will get tarrant this wkend, as the gate fee will be well worth the price this wkend!
who was out for both teams ?

Saturdays Games

Ardy v Tally- Tally 34 points
Gig v Stanhope - Gig by 3 points at home ground after big win last week.
Longwood v Lancy - lancy 150 +
Murch v VT - Vt by 4 points and tarrant kicks 8 again
Rushy v Gum - Gum by 90 points and Pell kicks 6
Undera v Nags - Nags by 56

Saturdays Games

Ardy v Tally- Tally 34 points
Gig v Stanhope - Gig by 3 points at home ground after big win last week.
Longwood v Lancy - lancy 150 +
Murch v VT - Vt by 4 points and tarrant kicks 8 again
Rushy v Gum - Gum by 90 points and Pell kicks 6
Undera v Nags - Nags by 56[/

Wouldn't think gig would get close to Stanhope! Stanhope have a very handy side and results would favour them easily against gig.

didn't think merigum would win the last 4 games last season either did we , if Stanhope have as many out as they did last week anything could happen

Not a good game by lancy on the wkend. Thought they would have produced a much better showing then that. Noticed they had a couple out but murch also had two out. Murch vs VT should be a more of a even contest. Will be interesting to see who will get tarrant this wkend, as the gate fee will be well worth the price this wkend!
Tarrant unlikely this week but looks like playing a couple more when he gets home from his holiday..

give me a couple of days and i will try tracking down someone who runs tha canteen at Gig and i will see how many pie's they will have in stock and i will get back to you. How many do you think you could eat ?
please mick, hope yr not tryn to b funny. fat jokes please. get ya money together and cut the funny jokes :)

Interleague squad..

Ardmona: Ash Hockey, Brayden Hockey, Daniel Orr, Brent Ralph, Luke Trevena.
Avenel: Paul Arandt, Cael McCarthy.
Girgarre: Tom Roberts, Dylan Smith, Ryan Patten, Dwayne Ditzpatrick, Paul Parsons.
Lancaster: Michael Hill, Nick Bertoli, Kadeem May, Tyson Dipetta, Adrian Meka
Merrigum: Josh Pell, Shane Sali, Geoff Connally, Daniel Dryden, Logan Church.
Murchison: John Shiels, Anthony Mellington, Jake Ewart, James Milne.
Nagambie: Tyrone Muir, Mitch Sanderson, Grant Connors, Danny Haysom.
Rushworth: Jake Perry, Sean Gledhill, Lachie Armstrong, Scott Hamilton.
Stanhope: Jarrad Mason, Michael Coad, Jye Ledin, Tom Hepburn
Tallygaroopna: Kane Handley, Ben Pedretti, Tyler Pedretti, Sean Arnold.
Undera: Sam O'Brien, Jack Hajro, Dan Breen, Danni Heazlewood, Spiro Vourgaslis.
Violet Town: Pat Horsburgh, Chris McKay, Brent Bailey, Ben Ballinger, Rob Rutley, Rob Osborne

Shepp news reported Micka Coad as first crack at Barry Hall according to Auld. I think for size yes, but I think as an accomplished defender at GVL level Geoff Connally should certainly get a crack at him.

My side: (The side as it should be..)
B: Dipetta, Coad, Connally.
HB: Sali, Heazlewood, Horsburgh
C: Ledin, Pell, Vourgaslis
HF: Milne, Arandt, Haysom
F: Rutley, Mellington, Osbourne
R: Breen, Shiels, Mason
Int: Muir, Perry, A. Hockey, Hill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shepp news reported Micka Coad as first crack at Barry Hall according to Auld. I think for size yes, but I think as an accomplished defender at GVL level Geoff Connally should certainly get a crack at him.

All I will say is go with youth and speed, last year we were exposed for being slow and old. Play the experienced guys in key positions and surround them with youth and speed.. The young blokes will do the job.

Has the opposition got a tall well built forward flanker that can't get near the ball for Sali to play on? If not he's going to struggle

My thoughts:
I would have Hill starting on a wing. I would also be surprised if Muir made the side ahead of a few others. How old is Mason? I would have thought Horsburgh/Patten would be better in the midfield. The last one I can think of at this stage would maybe be McCarthy as a younger, more agile ruck than Breen.

does anyone think that ardmona can survive or have improved no where near to winning a game
Yes, they play Longwood in Round 13 at home (why didn't the league give both clubs the chance to play each other twice ?, at least they might get 1 win each), and the one thing that the Bushcats have in thier favour ahead of Longwood is that they have a full allotment of teams for Football & Netball , and a decent Under 18's side this year (If they can hang onto those players and build from there, they can turn it around).

I drove past thier ground recently and I like what they've done to the place, moving & refurbishing the scoreboard, giving everything a nice coat of paint, new sheds at the Netball Courts and the ground surface looked really good.

I know Murch won't play them until late June, but I hope we have a good day of tough but fair football

Joe Mama, match report please! That's a statement by the hoppers, swoopin pie better work on punctuation and grammar before hyping up a match against the flag favourite! The scoreboard in the Merrigum V Ardmona match was a bit unfair to the bushcats efforts. Their players had a crack and played in good spirit all day. They have some kids who can play but clearly lack the depth to compete against higher teams.

If Doona is reading is Barry Hall really a chance to play interleague against the KDL? If so guys, who would get first crack at Bustling? Also who is heading to interleague from each club?

I know Lanky had some injuries coming into the game & had a couple of blokes hurt during it, but the only thing I can say is that murch won easily in the ruck, the midfield was too fast for them, and for about 3 quarters, Lanky were chasing jumpers and had few oppotunities to score (they were 1-2-8 at 3/4 time), basically they were strangled out of the game, but to paraphrase Beyonce "I know I like it, but I should have put a lid on it ! , I know I like it, but I should have put a lid on it ! Wha ! oh ! oh !:D).

Also I must add the defence especially Shane Kay, Jake & Hayden Ewart worked really well, which is great because he (might be, or might not be) is coming, and the Towners have a potent forward line without Tarrant.

I hope Tarrant does play (even though wearing my selfish Murch hat I hope he doesn't), because you don't know where you are unless you face the best the leage has to offer.

My thoughts:
I would have Hill starting on a wing. I would also be surprised if Muir made the side ahead of a few others. How old is Mason? I would have thought Horsburgh/Patten would be better in the midfield. The last one I can think of at this stage would maybe be McCarthy as a younger, more agile ruck than Breen.
Who cares how old he is, (30 FYI), Kirby and Wellington were the two best for the GV last year and they are both well into their 30's!. Hepburn would have to get a start to fulfill your youth policy

Who cares how old he is, (30 FYI), Kirby and Wellington were the two best for the GV last year and they are both well into their 30's!. Hepburn would have to get a start to fulfill your youth policy
Regardles of age, would you say he's a better midfielder than Horsburgh (genuine question)? That was my main point. With Patten I was just throwing up a name to see whether he warranted consideration.

Regardles of age, would you say he's a better midfielder than Horsburgh (genuine question)? That was my main point. With Patten I was just throwing up a name to see whether he warranted consideration.
who really gives a toss abt interleague. u can never have the best players in the comp playn together for one reason or another, it's only good for having a week of and sinking stubbies. :)

Personally I'll be drinking my cans at the game I'd love to see the league get off the bottom of the ranking system.. Good debate! the team I put up probably does lack the youth and pace. Debate over who starts where is irrelevant IMO. We need the best TEAM with plenty of midfield depth.. Ins and outs? Hepburn, Handley, Patten, McCarthy as ins? Who comes out? Dryden from the Gum would be a great addition but relatively unknown compared to Church.

Mama I think Church would be ineligible for rising star. He's only 18 but would have played 60 games in the seniors by now. Handley and Hepburn seem to be the highest rated kids..

Yeah would take Horsburgh first, was more so Patten, who isnt in the same league as the other two as yet, unless he has improved out of sight at Gig this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back