KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I really don't no, just taking the piss out of someone on this forum, he did use abusive language, and possible Knocked the ump, not reported for that but, just wish he would come clean and tell us all what happened, come on fellow blogger tell us what happened, you know who you are, Any Swooping magpies out this time of the year?

Well looks like whatever happened couldn't of been that bad as the case got thrown out today so didn't even make it to the tribunal.... Clarke is free to play Saturday.....

Ps also you keep referring to swooping pie as if he is Clarke, not sure your on the right track cause Clarke is an Essendon supporter like me, not 1 of those Colliwobbles mongrel's.... :D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Well looks like whatever happened couldn't of been that bad as the case got thrown out today so didn't even make it to the tribunal.... Clarke is free to play Saturday.....

Ps also you keep referring to swooping pie as if he is Clarke, not sure your on the right track cause Clarke is an Essendon supporter like me, not 1 of those Colliwobbles mongrel's.... :D:D:D:D
Because it is you, just looking for a bite, Lancy or Gig this week, Normo's bet is looking good

Lets get one thing straight for a start w***er I am not Danny Clark I was at the game tho and as far as the incident goes there was nothing in it
what so ever Danny was given a double 50 against him one for saying what for! the other for not coming back far enough HE was not told he was booked and only found out after the game by the way the umpire was Phill Serra ex Ardy legend who is just a fill in umpire Any way the gun ball carrier is free to play this week as serra came to his senses and didn't lodge the report
Mate I really don't no, just taking the piss out of someone on this forum, he did use abusive language, and possible Knocked the ump, not reported for that but, just wish he would come clean and tell us all what happened, come on fellow blogger tell us what happened, you know who you are, Any Swooping magpies out this time of the year?

Lets get one thing straight for a start ****** I am not Danny Clark I was at the game tho and as far as the incident goes there was nothing in it
what so ever Danny was given a double 50 against him one for saying what for! the other for not coming back far enough HE was not told he was booked and only found out after the game by the way the umpire was Phill Serra ex Ardy legend who is just a fill in umpire Any way the gun ball carrier is free to play this week as serra came to his senses and didn't lodge the report
my bad , got you and Smoothy wrong, guess it was like Muir and Davis nothing in it, if you get off there was nothing in it ?

Lets get one thing straight for a start ****** I am not Danny Clark I was at the game tho and as far as the incident goes there was nothing in it
and look who's umpire this week for ya
ex legend og the thirds.

Because it is you, just looking for a bite, Lancy or Gig this week, Normo's bet is looking good

;) Not looking for no bites mate as I've got NOTHING to hide.... If you want my opinion you'll get it.... If I do something wrong I'll own up to it & face the consequenses.... I felt I did nothing wrong to result in a report therefor I decided to appeal it straight away & as a result the case was thrown out! For what reason it was thrown out I'm not exactly sure just like what the report was for I'm not exactly sure.... Trust me, I do NOT & NEVER have gone out onto a football field ever to cause trouble, I absolutely love footy & play it to the best of my ability week in week out! I'm not interested in any other crap on the footy field.... So if you've got anymore question's I'd be glad to answer them for you.... Cheers :thumbsu:

Ps I think this weeks game will be another cracker as was last weeks.... Obviously I want us to win but in saying that as we have all seen so far this season it's which ever team shows up 1st ready to play.... I actually rate Girgarre so I know it'll be a tough game! But I'm still confident (Hoping :D) I've got Normo's bet covered.... Haha

Probably need to get another thing straight, Serra is a GVFUA umpire who regularly is appointed to senior games across the leagues covered.

interesting to see what happens
avenel in the article says it didn't happen.

Tiwi Islander Cosmos Munkara in country football racism storm
  • by: By GREY MORRIS
  • April 30, 2014 4:01PM
This is from the NT NEWS

TIWI Islander Cosmos Munkara is at the centre of a racial abuse storm after his first game for Longwood against Avenel in a Kyabram District Football League match in Victoria.
Amazingly, an opposition player is alleged to have called the 18-year-old Bathurst Islander a “dirty, black, witchetty grub’’.
Munkara, a former Waratahs and St Marys junior and brother of Tiwi Bomber James Puautjimi, was playing his first game for Longwood alongside two other Tiwis — Jason Puruntatameri and Hector Tipungwuti.
Longwood coach Matthew Chilcott, a century goalkicker with Waratahs in the NTFL, is furious at the racist remarks allegedly aimed at Munkara during the third quarter.
“I’m really pissed off it could happen after the Tiwi blokes only got here the night before the game and we had (Norm Smith medallist and Indigenous Team of the Century member) Byron Pickett playing for us as well.
“Leigh Hughes, who played a bit of footy for Waratahs, tried to belt the head off the bloke after he heard it and he’ll be the key witness in all this.
“And I’m bloody angry at the league’s ordinary attitude in all this.
“I’ve had a major disagreement with them already about the significance and timing of it on Anzac weekend when all Australians are supposed to be together.’’
Former St Marys and Geelong footballer Ronnie Burns was watching the game and later expressed his disappointment at the racist comment.
“At the highest level with Adam Goodes, rugby league and the NRL or in suburban or country footy, it’s got to be stamped out,” Burns said.
Tiwi Bombers coach Cameron Hotton is disappointed racism has reared its ugly head again.
“It’s not something that happens in the NT where everyone gets along and there is a lot of respect for all cultures,” Hotton said.
“I’m disappointed for Cosmos, who is a talented young kid who played some trial games for us late last year.’’
AFL Murray Goulburn general manager Martin Gleeson has confirmed an investigation into the incident has begun after Longwood requested the league’s intervention.
Avenel president Bill O’Connor has welcomed the investigation while denying his player was guilty of any wrongdoing.

Tiwi Islander Cosmos Munkara in country football racism storm
  • by: By GREY MORRIS
  • April 30, 2014 4:01PM
This is from the NT NEWS

TIWI Islander Cosmos Munkara is at the centre of a racial abuse storm after his first game for Longwood against Avenel in a Kyabram District Football League match in Victoria.
Amazingly, an opposition player is alleged to have called the 18-year-old Bathurst Islander a “dirty, black, witchetty grub’’.
Munkara, a former Waratahs and St Marys junior and brother of Tiwi Bomber James Puautjimi, was playing his first game for Longwood alongside two other Tiwis — Jason Puruntatameri and Hector Tipungwuti.
Longwood coach Matthew Chilcott, a century goalkicker with Waratahs in the NTFL, is furious at the racist remarks allegedly aimed at Munkara during the third quarter.
“I’m really pissed off it could happen after the Tiwi blokes only got here the night before the game and we had (Norm Smith medallist and Indigenous Team of the Century member) Byron Pickett playing for us as well.
“Leigh Hughes, who played a bit of footy for Waratahs, tried to belt the head off the bloke after he heard it and he’ll be the key witness in all this.
“And I’m bloody angry at the league’s ordinary attitude in all this.
“I’ve had a major disagreement with them already about the significance and timing of it on Anzac weekend when all Australians are supposed to be together.’’
Former St Marys and Geelong footballer Ronnie Burns was watching the game and later expressed his disappointment at the racist comment.
“At the highest level with Adam Goodes, rugby league and the NRL or in suburban or country footy, it’s got to be stamped out,” Burns said.
Tiwi Bombers coach Cameron Hotton is disappointed racism has reared its ugly head again.
“It’s not something that happens in the NT where everyone gets along and there is a lot of respect for all cultures,” Hotton said.
“I’m disappointed for Cosmos, who is a talented young kid who played some trial games for us late last year.’’
AFL Murray Goulburn general manager Martin Gleeson has confirmed an investigation into the incident has begun after Longwood requested the league’s intervention.
Avenel president Bill O’Connor has welcomed the investigation while denying his player was guilty of any wrongdoing.

The league has an ordinary attitude to any incident. "F it she'll be right mate" is the norm.

How long until we can expect an outcome on an investigation?

Appalling if this is true. What is the precedent in terms of weeks for something like this?

I assume the accused can continue playing on the presumption of innocent until proven guilty?

The league has an ordinary attitude to any incident. "F it she'll be right mate" is the norm.

From an outsider I must say that there seems to be a lot of unsavoury type of stuff that occurs in the KDFL. I understand that is certainly a case of the minority ruining it for the majority. If I were a KDFL club member I would certainly be sick and tired of this type of shit reflecting on my club/competition

From an outsider I must say that there seems to be a lot of unsavoury type of stuff that occurs in the KDFL. I understand that is certainly a case of the minority ruining it for the majority. If I were a KDFL club member I would certainly be sick and tired of this type of shit reflecting on my club/competition
Agree Roota, can't believe things like this still happen. What else "unsavoury" has been going on in the KDFL??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think your right, the Kdfl would be sick of all the shit that goes on but putting the blame onto the league is a bit harsh. If there is an investigation then it is out of the leagues hands.. On the other hand I do think that our tribunal has a lot to answer for and is too inconsistent. My opinion.. Also and someone from Avenel correct me if I'm wrong but the accused is part aboriginal himself isn't he???

Not sure what Chilcott expects the league to do. There are rules and a process, as decided by the AFL, with mediation being the first step. If Chilcott was expecting a summary lynching of the player allegedly responsible then it was never going to happen. As for Roota's comment, what do you class as a lot or, indeed, unsavoury? I'm sure that the LVFL is with it's faults as are all leagues.

Not sure what Chilcott expects the league to do. There are rules and a process, as decided by the AFL, with mediation being the first step. If Chilcott was expecting a summary lynching of the player allegedly responsible then it was never going to happen. As for Roota's comment, what do you class as a lot or, indeed, unsavoury? I'm sure that the LVFL is with it's faults as are all leagues.

To me it just seems to me that there seems to be a lot of incidents up before the tribunal, many brawls etc. as I said in my previous post it is surely the minority causing the majority of the issues. In my opinion there is more of it then in the 3 leagues I have played in. I just hope for the sake of all of the great people in your league that it can get tidied up a bit....that is if the league deem there to be a problem.

I'm certainly not trying to be a smart arse of take a pot shot was just an observation from afar

To me it just seems to me that there seems to be a lot of incidents up before the tribunal, many brawls etc. as I said in my previous post it is surely the minority causing the majority of the issues. In my opinion there is more of it then in the 3 leagues I have played in. I just hope for the sake of all of the great people in your league that it can get tidied up a bit....that is if the league deem there to be a problem.

I'm certainly not trying to be a smart arse of take a pot shot was just an observation from afar

Just a question ROOTA, & in no way shape or form am I having a go at the ump's here (as that's not my style is it ontheball38? :D) but do you think the ump's can be quick to judge on some situations? This is my 1st year in the KDFL & yes have heard all the stories for years how this league it's play the man before the ball etc etc etc but personally bar maybe 1 incident that I have seen I don't think it is much different to any other league I've been in?

Yeah ok we are all talking about this racial abuse incident that supposedly happened last week, but what happened to the "innocent until proven guilty" plee? Now I'm not saying he did or didn't do it but we should let the investigation play it's role before we ourselves judge the incident....

Last week I was reported for "allegedly" abusing an umpire, I've never been sent off before in my whole entire footy career nor have I ever been reported before & I don't even remember when I last gave away a 50m penalty, but yeah the ump gave away 2 against me in 1 go then as I ran from the ground I showed disappointment in myself then subsequently he yellow carded me & reported me! Straight away I was guilty by all in attendance because the ump said so! Yes the same ump that all the crowd & opposition players had also argued & disagreed with all day long also, but yet cause this time the ump said so I was guilty?? But yet by Thursday my case was thrown out & I had nothing to answer for & am free to play today!

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that players, coaches, spectators & even umpires get it wrong.... Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge on our fellow opposition players just because they aren't wearing the same coloured footy jumper as the other.... Come on we are all just out here trying to enjoy & play the game we love.... Seriously who else would be having fun on a 10 degree wintery day bar us?? Cheers guys & good luck to all teams today.... Bar Gig.... :D:D

Just a question ROOTA, & in no way shape or form am I having a go at the ump's here (as that's not my style is it ontheball38? :D) but do you think the ump's can be quick to judge on some situations? This is my 1st year in the KDFL & yes have heard all the stories for years how this league it's play the man before the ball etc etc etc but personally bar maybe 1 incident that I have seen I don't think it is much different to any other league I've been in?

Yeah ok we are all talking about this racial abuse incident that supposedly happened last week, but what happened to the "innocent until proven guilty" plee? Now I'm not saying he did or didn't do it but we should let the investigation play it's role before we ourselves judge the incident....

Last week I was reported for "allegedly" abusing an umpire, I've never been sent off before in my whole entire footy career nor have I ever been reported before & I don't even remember when I last gave away a 50m penalty, but yeah the ump gave away 2 against me in 1 go then as I ran from the ground I showed disappointment in myself then subsequently he yellow carded me & reported me! Straight away I was guilty by all in attendance because the ump said so! Yes the same ump that all the crowd & opposition players had also argued & disagreed with all day long also, but yet cause this time the ump said so I was guilty?? But yet by Thursday my case was thrown out & I had nothing to answer for & am free to play today!

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that players, coaches, spectators & even umpires get it wrong.... Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge on our fellow opposition players just because they aren't wearing the same coloured footy jumper as the other.... Come on we are all just out here trying to enjoy & play the game we love.... Seriously who else would be having fun on a 10 degree wintery day bar us?? Cheers guys & good luck to all teams today.... Bar Gig.... :D:D

Smooth, I'm not saying you did or didn't but I heard the only reason it was thrown out was because the umpire left the paperwork in the rooms for the club to lodge (which didn't happen ) so it was thrown out ,the umpire has to take a copy and lodge it , Anyway good luck hope you had a good silent day. Lol.

I agree but you probably should have omitted the third paragraph. The umpires' job, regardless of what players and supporters howl about, is to umpire and report according to the rules. You have come from the PDFL, therefore the same pool and standard of umpires. As for the wintry day, it's Autumn and plenty of supporters and club people will show up when it gets a lot worse. I watched two games today where eighty-eight players pulled on the boots, including recently delisted AFL players, pulled on the boots for nothing. It was free to watch and the canteen prices were 2011 at the worst! Even more extraordinary was that "F8ck" or worse was nowhere to be heard!

thoughts on injured players being targeted as they come off the ground?? happened in the twos at lanky yesterday, a gig player was injured in contest and was making his way to the bench when cleaned up by a lanky player, concussing him and dislocating his shoulder

thoughts on injured players being targeted as they come off the ground?? happened in the twos at lanky yesterday, a gig player was injured in contest and was making his way to the bench when cleaned up by a lanky player, concussing him and dislocating his shoulder
ask smoothie he probably saw it

Smooth, I'm not saying you did or didn't but I heard the only reason it was thrown out was because the umpire left the paperwork in the rooms for the club to lodge (which didn't happen ) so it was thrown out ,the umpire has to take a copy and lodge it , Anyway good luck hope you had a good silent day. Lol.

Yeah ok, that's the 1st I heard of that? But what does that tell you then? Firstly he incorrectly reported me in that I wasn't notified until after the game (the umpire is supposed to either tell you or your captain on the spot or at the start of the next qrt) so considering it happened during the 2nd qrt why did it take him until after the game to decide I was reported? Secondly how can an umpire not know how to lodge a report sheet?

Remembering this is the same umpire that is under investigation for punching a spectator as he came off the ground from umpiring! Still in his umpire uniform & punched the bloke with his "whistle" hand.... Pretty classy for an ump 1 would think....

I agree but you probably should have omitted the third paragraph. The umpires' job, regardless of what players and supporters howl about, is to umpire and report according to the rules. You have come from the PDFL, therefore the same pool and standard of umpires. As for the wintry day, it's Autumn and plenty of supporters and club people will show up when it gets a lot worse. I watched two games today where eighty-eight players pulled on the boots, including recently delisted AFL players, pulled on the boots for nothing. It was free to watch and the canteen prices were 2011 at the worst! Even more extraordinary was that "F8ck" or worse was nowhere to be heard!

That term of Wintery day was just an expression as last week it was a nice 25 odd degrees & yesti it was lucky to reach 15.... I know what season it is.... ;)

ask smoothie he probably saw it

Nah mate, that is also the 1st I've heard of this incident?? I'm not as young as I used to be so usually half way through the 1st qrt of the 2's I'm getting ready so I can loosen up the old Hammy's ect.... Hahaha

Have never heard of umpires lodging reports , it is the responsibility of the host club to submit all relevant match day stationary . If the club didn't submit the paperwork , the league should be taking it up with the club.
I do have some insight into the alleged report and let's just say if there is an error on the report it will almost always be thrown out and is a waste of time going to the tribunal .

There are three report sheets. One goes to the offended player, another to the alleged offender and the third is taken by the umpire who then notifies the league and faxes a copy through to the league secretary. The clubs have nothing to do with lodging this paperwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back