KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, with a week to go before the really stuff starts does anyone have predictions?
top 6-
premiers-
runner up-
goal kicking-
league b'n'f-
rising star-
i'll go
top 6- nagambie, lancy, gum, stanhope, avenal and ardy to jump up
premiers- lancy
runner up- merrigum
goal kicking- rattray
bnf- wellington
rising star- tommy coyne (merrigum)

okay, with a week to go before the really stuff starts does anyone have predictions?
top 6-
premiers-
runner up-
goal kicking-
league b'n'f-
rising star-

Top 6:
Gum
Nagambie
Stanhope (because of favourable draw)
Lancaster
Undera
Ardmona

Premiers: Gum
Runner up: Nagambie

Goal kicking: Rattray
League B&F: Steve Thompson

Rising Star: Jason Christou (gum)

Nagambie lanky gum Stanhope Murch ardy. Prem nagambie r/u gum g/k Rattray Mac david price rising star brayden Biggs nag

Spoke to a reliable yesterday that told me Lancaster were spending over 150k for the year a lot of money to waste on blokes that will take their money and run and destroy the club in 2 years

LANCASTER
Merrigum
Stanhope
Nagambie
Murch
Undera

My predictions , your thoughts guys?

BHH your predictions in February....

Merrigum
Lanky
Nagambie
Avenel
Stanny
Murch

Prem- merrigum
R/up - lanky

Goal Kicking - Rattray
Macnamara - morgan (avenel
Rising star - Staff (Vt

Your predictions in April.... Why the sudden change mate? By the way, I much rather your 2nd set of predictions tho.... ;):thumbsu:

J
BHH your predictions in February....

Your predictions in April.... Why the sudden change mate? By the way, I much rather your 2nd set of predictions tho.... ;):thumbsu:

To be honest smooth I think merrigums top up players are all locals and will gel a lot better then the lanky boys I feel but will soon find out, also Murch lost some power players but might still sneak in finals . What your thought mate

To be honest smooth I think merrigums top up players are all locals and will gel a lot better then the lanky boys I feel but will soon find out, also Murch lost some power players but might still sneak in finals . What your thought mate

Yeah at this stage mate it looks as though Nag's, Mez, Lanky & Stanny will be the big 4 as everyone else has spoken about, all have improved their lists & could finish in any order depending on a few things.... Yes as noted Stanhope only play those other 3 sides once & have a favourable draw but unfortunately for them we seen how injuries crippled them right before the finals, the other 3 all play each other twice & anything could happen so week in week out it will be very interesting to watch....

Then comes Murch, Avenel, Undera, Ardy & VT who I think will be the 5 teams vying for the last 2 spots.... Murch have lost some REAL talent but have also got some experienced players still at the club.
Avenel are abit of an unknown at this stage, yes they have also lost some good talent but not much has been heard about their recruits so they could be a surprise.
Undera for me were last years surprise package, after all the departures from the year before most had them pencilled in for a bottom 2 finish, but they showed that some hard work & abit of faith in each other can produce wonders & they where within 1% of pinching 6th spot last year.
Ardy are hit & miss, so hopefully with another pre-season together they can take that next step & produce more consistent footy each week & push for a finals spot.
& VT, very competitive at times last year, have picked up a few old faces so could see them push up for a spot come finals....

That's pretty much my overview mate, but as we know every year our beloved game loves to throw us a curve ball or 2 & leave us wondering how we didn't see it coming.... Hahaha :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Sparra, that's a bad attitude to start with saying that they have a bad attitude! Do you even know what's going on behind closed doors with their club? Do you have any idea how hard the people are working to try field a side? Plus he also said "AT THIS STAGE" to me that states they are still working their butts of to field 2 teams! Do you think any clubs in this league wake up of a morning thinking it's ok, we'll just field 1 team this year because we couldn't care less!! To me yes it would be a massive shame if they couldn't field atleast 2 teams but knowing a few people at Rushy I can guarantee they will do everything they can to get it to happen....

Ps last time I checked you where involved with VT, maybe if you haven't got anything CONSTRUCTIVE to say then you should just keep looking after your own backyard & make sure your not next.... ;)
been looking after my own backyard for the last 20 years and my previous backyards prior to that.
And I have a bit more knowledge on how clubs run than you do at this early stage of your career.

You're missing the much bigger picture, footy is struggling to maintain numbers and young players are not progressing into senior ranks. Undoubtedly, everyone at Rushworth has been sitting on their hands and waiting for players to fall out of the trees. The warm glow from the 2012 flag hasn't lasted long Sparra; I guess although you can have a lot of spending it, money really can't buy long term happiness. April 11 is yet to arrive and a lot can happen in a week.
I am well aware of the big picture and have been deeply involved in the fight across the board to get Auskickers to continue on right through the ranks to senior football, something that the AFL has no idea of.
Your right the warm glow from the 2012 flag only lasted a couple of weeks until you start planning for the next and oncoming seasons, although it does pop up for a couple of minutes now and then

been looking after my own backyard for the last 20 years and my previous backyards prior to that.
And I have a bit more knowledge on how clubs run than you do at this early stage of your career.
We aren't debating knowledge on how club's run, I was simply stating that ur attitude towards jayco13 & Rushy Footy Clubs problems was poor.... They know they are in a situation no club wants to be in & they are trying their hardest to get out of, but there's no point you getting on here & laying the boots in also! As a matter of fact you just stated you know so much about how club's should run why don't you do the good Aussie thing & swing the boys some advice or offers of help? That would be a good start.... ;)

We aren't debating knowledge on how club's run, I was simply stating that ur attitude towards jayco13 & Rushy Footy Clubs problems was poor.... They know they are in a situation no club wants to be in & they are trying their hardest to get out of, but there's no point you getting on here & laying the boots in also! As a matter of fact you just stated you know so much about how club's should run why don't you do the good Aussie thing & swing the boys some advice or offers of help? That would be a good start.... ;)
Smooth not that anyone would give much away :) but the rumour is Wellington is battling with an injury n might struggle to get up hope that's not true would be shit for the leauge?!?

Smooth not that anyone would give much away :) but the rumour is Wellington is battling with an injury n might struggle to get up hope that's not true would be shit for the leauge?!?
Hey mate, nah not sure where that has come from? He has done every training session for the last 5 weeks atleast & is raring to go? But I haven't seen him since our last training run before Easter??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a corked thigh in the Waaia practice match. That's all though, Killed it in the intra-club last week. Walking stick stays in the cupboard till later in the year!:D

Good to hear I/L is heading in the right direction with a coach appointed and big names from the "big 4" also part of the coaching/selection panel..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back