KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope not, three scorelines in excess of 30+ goals aint a good look but I sincerely have everything crossed this wont eventuate.

I know the goalposts are shifting (pardon the pun) in the way many younger folk look at their footy these days, but all clubs have a history and to see that just cease is always sad :(
The League needs to look very hard at its draw next year and not just offer up the reverse of the previous season rubbish.

When did a scheduled committee meeting become a crisis meeting? Like all clubs, more volunteers and committee people are needed and "folding" was definitely not a dot point on the agenda.

Didn't say that it was, asked if it was. Had an ex-player ring me earlier this week & the subject came up. Glad to hear there was no discussion of folding, though it seems to be a legitimate question to ask & a legitimate concern for certain teams right across country Vic.

Would shifting all these clubs that are on there knees and struggling into a NEW lower ranked league help.
Longwood rushy Ardmona Benalla all black yarroweyah goorambat
I no the travel is there but wouldn't people rather travel 20 mins more at away games knowing they have a chance at winning not getting in the car waiting for a 150 plus point loss?
Volunteers & supporter are hard to find but surely more turn up knowing there sides have a chance of winning games of footy.

Interesting one - except Tatong and Swanny approached a few of the clubs you named and no one wanted to know about it. Funny how it becomes a priority when it affects these clubs directly. Many clubs/leagues in this region were asked to be a part of such a league, almost a bridging league between Masters and competitive footy - basically what country footy used to be - and no one would be a part of it.

Interesting one - except Tatong and Swanny approached a few of the clubs you named and no one wanted to know about it. Funny how it becomes a priority when it affects these clubs directly. Many clubs/leagues in this region were asked to be a part of such a league, almost a bridging league between Masters and competitive footy - basically what country footy used to be - and no one would be a part of it.
Which clubs did you approach. Secondly it won't take a lot for ardmona to become a force again in the last 22 years they have played in 9 grand finals Winning 5 . Dont think they woul want to be playing a super rules comp

A draw where the top teams play each other twice would be good. But very hard to organise with a number like 13.
Not realistic IMO.
The better sides in the predicted "lower half" of the ladder would have better win/loss than the lower sides in the predicted "top half".
Also the predicted top teams often under achieve/perform and and the smoky tight knit teams often surprise!
2many variables to happen unless league was split into 2 with a relegation/promotion scenario which I don't think anyone would like 2 see.

Not realistic IMO.
The better sides in the predicted "lower half" of the ladder would have better win/loss than the lower sides in the predicted "top half".
Also the predicted top teams often under achieve/perform and and the smoky tight knit teams often surprise!
2many variables to happen unless league was split into 2 with a relegation/promotion scenario which I don't think anyone would like 2 see.
Also I must add it would be a massive shame if any of above mentioned teams with strong and successful history's fold!!

Not realistic IMO.
Fair point but the League did have a rolling draw, however, for some reason delegates were offered a reverse 2014 draw as well. Guess which one was voted in.

Which clubs did you approach. Secondly it won't take a lot for ardmona to become a force again in the last 22 years they have played in 9 grand finals Winning 5 . Dont think they woul want to be playing a super rules comp

To many to list all to be honest - clubs in bottom half of KDFL, Alex, Yea, Goorambat and Bonnie Doon were also in the conversation at one point. Also the intention was not for a super rules comp (which has minimum age of 35yrs to be eligible) but rather community footy that did not revolve around player payments. At the end of the day we all want to have fun playing the game we love with friends new and old. While clubs/league have benefited from the afl commission system it has also created a vicious cycle - clubs have to pay more to commission (for development etc) which comes from gate takings, canteen etc, and to get good gates you need to be winning games - not winning games? you need to squeeze sponsors to get the money to get better players to attract bigger gates to pay the commissions. Any weak links and the club bleeds....

To many to list all to be honest - clubs in bottom half of KDFL, Alex, Yea, Goorambat and Bonnie Doon were also in the conversation at one point. ..

Oh no not again :D Even it was referred to as Euroa DFL or Seymour DFL by utilising the major league venue as a base - a comp with Alex, Thornton, Yea, Bonnie Doon, Longwood, Violet Town, All Blacks Broadford, even Avenel (apparently) could never work.

Last edited:
They should never have disbanded the Central Goulburn league

Don't get me started on that one, there was a club (mentioned above) who had expressed interest to join us in 2006 yet The VCFL failed to acknowledge it as they were hell bent on letting our comp tip over :mad:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach is giving himself best on... Good for him. I see J.Muprhy isn't in the best. Very expensive player to not be!
Justin will be very valuable come finals
we could be the spanner in the works for a couple of teams
russ's form will be hard to ignore from the umps

Your back sparra.... I was starting to miss your "tosser" quotes, was falling out of touch with the good & the bad.... :D:thumbsu:
Grand final done and dusted
Nagambie - Merrigum
The former by 34 points
Throw a blanket over the rest for finishing positions
Lancaster won't win the flag as long as my arse points to the ground

It will be an epic fail for Lancaster when they don't make the grand final money well spent and have all ready heard Russ lee is out the door next year don't think they will get past Stanhope and for the team that loses in the second week of the finals I reckon they will find it hard getting past Stanhope they are looking very dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back