KDFL April 06 -Sept 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

scottwestjr said:
what is the go for next year are stanhope going to stay as strong or are their players leaving?? is patto going to coach next year?

You would think tonny, ky and tat maybe rochy would be targeting some of there better players like gray, emmett, trist and sheers. Pato's time would have to be about up wouldn't it, he has coached for 5 years. These days 3 years at the same club normally pulls a coach up.

Gus Underwood - Ky Free Press 29/9/06

Open season on umpires is pretty much a weekly ritual among footy fans, but it's a long time since I have encountered so many irate supporters as I did after last Saturday's Kyabram League grand final between Ardmona and Stanhope at Murchison.
And they weren't all dyed-in-thewool Stanhope supporters, either.

A lot of spectators at the game were either seething or bewildered over the free kicks discrepancy dished out by the men in white in the game.

Ardmona is recorded as having received 37 free kicks to Stanhope's 14 in the match.

And in the second half, the Lions were awarded just one free kick to the Cats 13.

Now that's a very lop-sided situation and certainly the reason for eyebrows being raised, questions being asked and fingers being pointed

I watched the entire game and I concluded that, the free kicks that were paid to the Ardmona players were there.

What I question is why weren't the Stanhope players awarded some of the free kicks for similar infringements?

And there were quite a few in my opinion.

One of the umpires in particular was caught out of position on a few occasions and made puzzling decisions from well off the play.

But I do agree with Stanhope coach Mark Patten who claimed a lack of consistent application over four quarters was the main reason his team was beaten.

I bet deep down Mark was also bewildered with some of the decisions of the men in white, but rather than distract from Ardmona's last-gasp win was gracious enough to say his team didn't play well enough over the whole game to win the flag.

Considering there was just two points in it at the finish, the free kick count in the game certainly has been well scrutinised and don't be surprised if there is more heard on this subject and other incidents out of the grand final.

scottwestjr said:
what is the go for next year are stanhope going to stay as strong or are their players leaving?? is patto going to coach next year?
Dont expect Patto to coach in the KDL again. Chance for the job at Ky i would think.

Well, firstly, commiserations to Stanhope in the seniors. It must be a devastating feeling to lose 2 grand finals in 2 years by a total of 3 points. I feel for blokes like Hooda, who has been on the losing grand final side seven times (5 with Rochester, 2 with Stanhope).

It was an excellent game. From the opening bounce, you could tell that Ardy had come to play. However, they were up by 5 goals in the 2nd quarter and it would've been shattering if they lost. Pearce was a massive danger and I think had a poor match up in Keegan. The Ardy midfield was fantastic all day, with Ferrari continually feeding the ball out to Lowie, O'Brien and Brereton. Meka and Joey were good targets up forward.

The umpiring was pretty poor and sometimes ruined the flow of the game. Both teams were going pretty hard at it and the umpires should've recognised this and pay frees that were in the spirit of the contest.

The seconds win completed a great day and it was a brilliant celebration back at the pub.

bradrowe#32 said:
Well, firstly, commiserations to Stanhope in the seniors. It must be a devastating feeling to lose 2 grand finals in 2 years by a total of 3 points. I feel for blokes like Hooda, who has been on the losing grand final side seven times (5 with Rochester, 2 with Stanhope)

Massive massive understatement!!

forty one said:
Dont expect Patto to coach in the KDL again. Chance for the job at Ky i would think.

Have heard that, but also believe Travis Ryan is in for the job so will be an interesting one.

Yeh, it will be an interesting pre-season in the KDL, that's for sure.. Heard that a well known Stanhope identity is very keen for the Presidency of the league, which could give things a massive shake-up.. Also, 4 Ardmona juniors have been reported for their involvement in the dust up against the Rushy juniors and the tribunal hearing will be held next Wed and Thur nights..

Got it on good mail that Dave Williams may not be doing the Rochy job next year, which means Hoota may be a bigger chance of heading back there.. Can't imagine how the stanhope boys would feel, but you'd like to think it'd make them more determined for next year, so they'll obviously be hard to topple again.. Also, VT will be hard to beat. Rushy has been talking to Trav Ryan, and whilst we're not much of a chance, he has never said anything about the Ky job, or even coaching again.. Wasn't there talk that Kelly O'Donnell might be going back to bomberland? Anyway, I'm sure Patto would easily be up for the job at Ky..

T.Perry said:
Yeh, it will be an interesting pre-season in the KDL, that's for sure.. Heard that a well known Stanhope identity is very keen for the Presidency of the league, which could give things a massive shake-up.. Also, 4 Ardmona juniors have been reported for their involvement in the dust up against the Rushy juniors and the tribunal hearing will be held next Wed and Thur nights..

Got it on good mail that Dave Williams may not be doing the Rochy job next year, which means Hoota may be a bigger chance of heading back there.. Can't imagine how the stanhope boys would feel, but you'd like to think it'd make them more determined for next year, so they'll obviously be hard to topple again.. Also, VT will be hard to beat. Rushy has been talking to Trav Ryan, and whilst we're not much of a chance, he has never said anything about the Ky job, or even coaching again.. Wasn't there talk that Kelly O'Donnell might be going back to bomberland? Anyway, I'm sure Patto would easily be up for the job at Ky..

That is his main priority, to coach again, so would say he would be in for or atleast been spoken to for Ky job and Swans job. Kelly O'Donnell is obviously not going to give up his AC role at Freo, Xavier Tanner's name was thrown around last month.
As for Stanhope they will be around the mark again, wouldnt be surprised if Patto went around atleast one more time.
Would say Ardy will drop off a little, VT will improve, Yea may drop off marginally, Rushy to improve, Lancaster I'd say will suit up again whether they will be premiership contenders will probably depend a little on the Ky job. Can't see any of the bottom 7 improving enough to give the title a shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back