KDFL April 06 -Sept 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

subtle hustle said:
Prediction time-
I'll stick with Stanhope to win by 40+
Ardmona to come out in the first quarter and try and ruff up the young lions.
Spotfires all day.
Meka to kick three, all from inside the goalsquare. Will annonunce his retirement for the 10th year running come next mondays shepp news.
Wishart to give ferrari a lesson.
Rick Sheers to take Mark of the day.
Hoota grey to get the medal.

Should be a good day.

3rds - Rushy to Win easily with Drew Clarke getting the BOG medal.

2nds - Who cares! Hopefully Tally and not Ardy!

1's - I think Stanhope by 10 points with Rick Sheers BOG with 5 goals from a Flank.

Just for a thought i reckon the league committee should look at playing the under 18's game as the curtain raiser to the seniors game and put the reserve game 1st game of the day. The under 18's provide a lot better game of footy to watch than the old has beens in the reserves.

Have heard a few other leagues have used it to great affect and have attracted more people to the grand final.

Old mate MAPPO wouldnt have bought it up if l wasnt concerend,l will say J.S and ROSCO had great points and l agree with you both my only worry is having STABILITY AT THE HELM and GOOD MANAGMENT are hard to come by when clubs struggle to get people to help out at the best of times.

Alley cat said:
Ardmona by 2 points, hit the front in the time on period. Gotta feel for Stanhope.:(

Can not believe it, congrats to Ardy they did everything they had to and got the ultimate prize. Before I mention the umpires(Umpire) Stanhope had the class to win no matter what the umpires through up and should have done enough. Anyway, if Gary Hughes didnt get paid off then I'm a virgin, a transvestite and a female.

An absolutely disgraceful effort from him, if that wasnt a mark to Gray with a minute to go which Ardy scored the winning goal from then I dont know what a mark is. He awarder three free kicks for shepharding off the ball which I have seen one of them picked out for the whole year. Umpires are the same as players, some blokes can handle the pressure of finals and some cant, Hughes is one that cant! You may think these comments are from a sore loser mentality, but I have nothing to do with the Stanhope footy Club anymore and to add weight to what I seen today, a GV Umpire seen me Thursday when the umpires where announced and said "now that Hosie and Hughes are umpiring the KDL granny Stanhope would be shacking in their boots" READ WHAT YOU LIKE INTO THAT, COMING FROM ONE OF THEIR OWN.

All in all Stanhope should have won the game but werent good enough on the day, WELL DONE ARDY.

hank1 said:
Can not believe it, congrats to Ardy they did everything they had to and got the ultimate prize. Before I mention the umpires(Umpire) Stanhope had the class to win no matter what the umpires through up and should have done enough. Anyway, if Gary Hughes didnt get paid off then I'm a virgin, a transvestite and a female.

An absolutely disgraceful effort from him, if that wasnt a mark to Gray with a minute to go which Ardy scored the winning goal from then I dont know what a mark is. He awarder three free kicks for shepharding off the ball which I have seen one of them picked out for the whole year. Umpires are the same as players, some blokes can handle the pressure of finals and some cant, Hughes is one that cant! You may think these comments are from a sore loser mentality, but I have nothing to do with the Stanhope footy Club anymore and to add weight to what I seen today, a GV Umpire seen me Thursday when the umpires where announced and said "now that Hosie and Hughes are umpiring the KDL granny Stanhope would be shacking in their boots" READ WHAT YOU LIKE INTO THAT, COMING FROM ONE OF THEIR OWN.

All in all Stanhope should have won the game but werent good enough on the day, WELL DONE ARDY.

3 thrilling finishes to end an entertaining season in the KDFL.

Yeah well done to Ardmona, surprised a lot of people with their never say die attitude today. I must admit I made the mistake of saying on air I thought a big finals campaign may have taken it's toll on the legs - 10 minutes later and the Cats get over the line in an absolute thriller.

Lowe, O'Brien, Ferrari, Huggard were all solid contributors for the victors, and Coach Simpkins final term was inspiring to his charges not to mention to last term goals to that man Meka.. For Stanhope I thought Sloan was excellent, Gray got plenty of the ball, Mason and Emmett's second halves were good and obviously Pearce's 5 goal 2nd term got the Lions back in it.

To shed some light on your sentiments towards the umpires Hank - Free Kicks taken in the 98.5fm box today were Ardmona 37 to Stanhope's 13 (13 to 1 after half time.)

1st qtr - 18 to 6
2nd qtr - 6 to 6
3rd qtr - 8 to 1
4th qtr - 5 to 0

And yes . . . . I to thought it was a mark to Gray also!!! In saying that Stanhope's use of the ball was uncharacteristically poor at times - 29 times throughout the match a direct skill error (turnover) by hand or foot hit an Ardmona player and I reckon they kicked out on the full no less than 5-6 times.

I also thought that whilst Pearce was running riot in the 2nd - Ardmona's efforts to boot 4.4 from only 9 inside 50's into the wind was crucial to their win.

A quick flick through scores this morning and apart from being level with Lancaster in one game - Stanhope had only been headed once at half time all year prior to today - ironically it was in their loss at Yea. Only twice they were headed at half time in 2006 and on both occassions they lost the game.

Irrelevant stat I know but thought someone out there might appreciate it.

In the 2's game the momentum swung all day - in the end though Ardmona was a little too polished when going forward as Tally's decision making in the 4the term was poor at times and they made far too many skill errors/turnovers.

In the 3rds it was Avenel who shook off a determined Rushy only in the final 10 minutes to make it back to back flags - well done to Rick Shiner and the boys.

Mainland you boys choked again the 2nd time in 2 years! I didn't see either of your ruckman Goodbody or Wishart named in the best this week and ferrari 2nd or 3rd best for ardy. I told you that might be a weakness for you guys and buy the look of it, it was.
You guys were probably a bit unlucky with some of the umpiring but you guys had an extra 3 shots a goal also.
Good job Donna on the radio as the special comments man.
Bad luck to the rushy thirds thought they were going to bring the cup back to rushy but couldn't finish the game off. It was a good close game though.

hank1 said:

The umpiring standard in this area hank, is pretty ordinary and buy the sounds of you and the commentators on the radio yesterday put in another ordinary display of umpring again. The problem is they are just not CONSISTENT and sometimes want to be seen in the game and pull out some free kicks that aren't even there. They will pay one free for one side and not the other. Most of the umpires are unfit and can't keep up. I think they need to let play go as much as possible and limit the amount of free kicks they pay so they don't confuse themselves.

Didnt get to see the game, but heard all about the umpires. Where they very ordinary or just plain cheating?
Also heard the Meka had the Yze fix up any guys giving him a hard time?

Babe Ruth said:
Didnt get to see the game, but heard all about the umpires. Where they very ordinary or just plain cheating?
Also heard the Meka had the Yze fix up any guys giving him a hard time?

Coming from a neutral spectator the umpiring was poor I reckon, but in saying that Ardmona surprised everyone with their will to win after a big finals series. If that was the best two options for the GF then we've got 6 months to quickly recruit.

Ive never been one to umpire bash, they were below par yes, but Stanhope still made a lot of errors that as we reflect were more costly than a few umpiring decisions.

Hi everyone well done to all the sides that won on the weekend,you Stanhope boys must be bleeding, l only got to see the thirdsand half the ressies, its funny everyone is saying stuff about the umps because it happend in the thirds as well as soon as the game got close they started giving free kicks that they had let go up until then,but at the end of the day you cant have a game of footy without them.
As l said l wasnt there but l to heard the rumor about the end pez was at that he had a few minders so people wouldnt pick on him poor perry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the talk on who's up for the Avenel senior job, has Rick Shiner even enter their thoughts??? Has been coaching the 3rds for quite some time, back to back flags and an obvious commitment and enjoyment from the young blokes playing under him.

jobbytonny said:
Hi everyone well done to all the sides that won on the weekend,you Stanhope boys must be bleeding, l only got to see the thirdsand half the ressies, its funny everyone is saying stuff about the umps because it happend in the thirds as well as soon as the game got close they started giving free kicks that they had let go up until then,but at the end of the day you cant have a game of footy without them.
As l said l wasnt there but l to heard the rumor about the end pez was at that he had a few minders so people wouldnt pick on him poor perry

I think you are making stuff up jobby.

bradrowe#32 said:
Go the mighty catters!

As much as I can't believe I'm about to say this. Well done Ardmona two's. I spoke to a couple before the two's started in regards to the messages on the hands. I have played in a side that has lost someone and I know how much it effects the group. Well done and you have honoured him well.:thumbsu:

In regards to the seniors, that was just unfortunate.

Doona2 said:
With all the talk on who's up for the Avenel senior job, has Rick Shiner even enter their thoughts??? Has been coaching the 3rds for quite some time, back to back flags and an obvious commitment and enjoyment from the young blokes playing under him.

Technically the most successfull Avenel Coach in twenty years I heard last night. Groover came close when the magoo's nearly went back to back 2002 - 2003.
There are a number of kids going up next year and Ricki has the experience with those guys, but can he bring the experienced three or four quality guy's would be my question. I know that there is no indication in regards to an application from him, but now that the year is finally over that may change.

Hat's off to the third's, they where the best team all year and deserved the win. And to do it without one of their main go through players in Kouta for the majority of the game then that's even better. Chris Chee, DJ Saunders, The O'Connors (all three) and a special mention to Fitzy and Duncan who backed themeselves to leave their man to win contest after contest was fantastic.

Mappo said:
Technically the most successfull Avenel Coach in twenty years I heard last night. Groover came close when the magoo's nearly went back to back 2002 - 2003.
There are a number of kids going up next year and Ricki has the experience with those guys, but can he bring the experienced three or four quality guy's would be my question. I know that there is no indication in regards to an application from him, but now that the year is finally over that may change.

Hat's off to the third's, they where the best team all year and deserved the win. And to do it without one of their main go through players in Kouta for the majority of the game then that's even better. Chris Chee, DJ Saunders, The O'Connors (all three) and a special mention to Fitzy and Duncan who backed themeselves to leave their man to win contest after contest was fantastic.
just quietly that would be the worst mistake they made they need a coach that is going to bring players with him other wise their in trouble once again

You would hpoe that Avenel who l believe were told early in the peice that Fess wasnt going to do it, would have been out on the prowl trying to get a coach, it is a hard choice to make pick the wrong guy and everyone will say 'l told you'.
l believe Seymour twos may have some people who may be interested as long as the right people go and speak to them.
Good to see you having your say showie any chance you will get the call up this week surprise inclusion,or what about the Avenel job are you interested

Doona2 said:
3 thrilling finishes to end an entertaining season in the KDFL.

Yeah well done to Ardmona, surprised a lot of people with their never say die attitude today. I must admit I made the mistake of saying on air I thought a big finals campaign may have taken it's toll on the legs - 10 minutes later and the Cats get over the line in an absolute thriller.

Lowe, O'Brien, Ferrari, Huggard were all solid contributors for the victors, and Coach Simpkins final term was inspiring to his charges not to mention to last term goals to that man Meka.. For Stanhope I thought Sloan was excellent, Gray got plenty of the ball, Mason and Emmett's second halves were good and obviously Pearce's 5 goal 2nd term got the Lions back in it.

To shed some light on your sentiments towards the umpires Hank - Free Kicks taken in the 98.5fm box today were Ardmona 37 to Stanhope's 13 (13 to 1 after half time.)

1st qtr - 18 to 6
2nd qtr - 6 to 6
3rd qtr - 8 to 1
4th qtr - 5 to 0

And yes . . . . I to thought it was a mark to Gray also!!! In saying that Stanhope's use of the ball was uncharacteristically poor at times - 29 times throughout the match a direct skill error (turnover) by hand or foot hit an Ardmona player and I reckon they kicked out on the full no less than 5-6 times.

I also thought that whilst Pearce was running riot in the 2nd - Ardmona's efforts to boot 4.4 from only 9 inside 50's into the wind was crucial to their win.

A quick flick through scores this morning and apart from being level with Lancaster in one game - Stanhope had only been headed once at half time all year prior to today - ironically it was in their loss at Yea. Only twice they were headed at half time in 2006 and on both occassions they lost the game.

Irrelevant stat I know but thought someone out there might appreciate it.

In the 2's game the momentum swung all day - in the end though Ardmona was a little too polished when going forward as Tally's decision making in the 4the term was poor at times and they made far too many skill errors/turnovers.

In the 3rds it was Avenel who shook off a determined Rushy only in the final 10 minutes to make it back to back flags - well done to Rick Shiner and the boys.

Doona, correct me if I'm wrong.!!
I have great respect for Patto, top top fella, but he was reactive on Sat.
Manny kicking out from full back needs his arse kicked for not using his 3kz man. Why when everyone is zoning off 30 to 40 mtrs from the kick out would you not even "attempt" to play on when you have a 17 stone 41 yr old standing on the mark.?? My god I was as frustrated as **** as if I was out there myself. I was absolutely astounded that he kicked out from the square "all" bloody day. Late in the game if they restructured their midfield and quickly adjusted at least "one" play on scenario, he could have lobbed the ball well past the centre of the ground on many occasions.
"Who dares wins"

wheelbarrow said:
Doona, correct me if I'm wrong.!!
I have great respect for Patto, top top fella, but he was reactive on Sat.
Manny kicking out from full back needs his arse kicked for not using his 3kz man. Why when everyone is zoning off 30 to 40 mtrs from the kick out would you not even "attempt" to play on when you have a 17 stone 41 yr old standing on the mark.?? My god I was as frustrated as **** as if I was out there myself. I was absolutely astounded that he kicked out from the square "all" bloody day. Late in the game if they restructured their midfield and quickly adjusted at least "one" play on scenario, he could have lobbed the ball well past the centre of the ground on many occasions.
"Who dares wins"

Must say that was mentioned by a few blokes I spoke to, whether or not it was an order from the bench doesn't matter - as you say who dares wins and someone shoulda taken it upon themselves to take some risk

Meka should of got a logie for his acting efforts during the third quarter contest on saturday, where he lunged forward arms sprawled and dove into the turf carrying on, his stanhope opponent was no closer than two metres behind him, still got the free kick but.

jobbytonny said:
You would hpoe that Avenel who l believe were told early in the peice that Fess wasnt going to do it, would have been out on the prowl trying to get a coach, it is a hard choice to make pick the wrong guy and everyone will say 'l told you'.
l believe Seymour twos may have some people who may be interested as long as the right people go and speak to them.
Good to see you having your say showie any chance you will get the call up this week surprise inclusion,or what about the Avenel job are you interested

Well don't hold out Job Job, give us a call and let me know who they are, and who the right people are. I'm guessing you have someone in mind for both.

bradrowe#32 said:
I think you are making stuff up jobby.

I heard and saw that also, on saturday if anyone payed out Meka these select bunch of blokes would give it to the people who were giving Meka a serve, proved interesting to watch lol.

The_timid_turkey said:
I heard and saw that also, on saturday if anyone payed out Meka these select bunch of blokes would give it to the people who were giving Meka a serve, proved interesting to watch lol.

What are you talking about timid l got told l was making stories up you me and babe ruth have all said the same thing but god forbid we pick on perry he is such a shy sort of bloke who dosent like to be quoted in the shepp news or have his photo in the paper or be on tv ads. etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back