Senior List
Nov 23, 2005
Mainland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Mainland
Doona2 said:
Id reckon if anyone would know it would be you Rohan Aldous wannabe!!! I was expecting to see Shaun when Yea visited the Lions Den a fortnight ago, the gents I had a beer with afterwards expected him back in a week or 2 so maybe he'll return this week.

Mainland, King of Ling?

Unsure of his return, he is having a few hiccups with his hammy. Seems to do it at training on thurs nites. He pulled up tight after running the water on Satdy. Hopefully we will see him back this Satdy, if he can survive training without straining his string again.

Re: Kyabram District FL

mainland said:
Unsure of his return, he is having a few hiccups with his hammy. Seems to do it at training on thurs nites. He pulled up tight after running the water on Satdy. Hopefully we will see him back this Satdy, if he can survive training without straining his string again.

Surely it's not gunna be two years in a row without the P-Train.. There is always one Chief to come back in..

how did brezza white go on the weekend doona or cosby. read he kicked a couple. if fit he could really make a difference come finals, if fit though. have seen him dominate games at tonny and really split blokes if in the way. certainly has defenders looking over their shoulders.
also, was it a knee that kept him sidelined for most of the season.

Did mean to make mention earlier that Tom Butterworth plays his 200th senior game for Yea this Saturday (201st overall). He joins brother Stuie as the Tigers' newest life members, Stu playing his 200th earlier this season. I think

Two quality blokes, not one bit selfish - it's never been about them just what's best for the Yea Football Netball Club. Sadly Stuie look's like missing having done a hammy early last Saturday. I think Jimmy Clavarino may have played game 150 at Lancaster also.

Shepp News put out their KDFL "Team of the Year" last week - Always a fun thing to debate. From memory this is how it read . . . cant remember interchange, maybe Thomson, Maloney, Perry but not 100%.

B: J. Perry (Rush) A. Wilson (Yea) P.Kiss (Yea)
HB: B. Gray (Sta) N. Gibbs (Sta) J. Chapman (Und)
C: A. Walsh (Yea) L. O'Brien (Ardy) B. Harrison (VT)
HF: D. Hansford (Sta) B. Andison (Lanc) T. Bone (Rush)
F: L. Kellett (Murch) P. Meka (Ard) T. Mitchell (Lanc)
Foll: N. Montgomery (Tally) B. Lowe (Ard) A. Molisak (Tally)

Doona2 said:
Shepp News put out their KDFL "Team of the Year" last week - Always a fun thing to debate. From memory this is how it read . . . cant remember interchange, maybe Thomson, Maloney, Perry but not 100%.

Tom Butterworth plays his 200th senior game for Yea
That is one name i'd slot in there somewhere and my good friend Sean Horsborugh maybe on a forward flank, played as an onballer for us this year and slotted through 39goals and i'm pretty sure he kicked more behinds than that as well, id find a spot for him somewhere even if on the bench...
Agree strongly with the full forward line and also montgomery in the ruck, thought he was a stand out as best ruck in games i played this year

Doona2 said:
Stanhope I reckon are maybe 6-7 goals ahead of Lancy. Mitchell obviously kicked 10 but I did think the rest of our defence contested well. Parsons, Pell & Carver hurt Yea thru the middle.

I dont think it will come down to Brenton's efforts that will make or break Stanhope, they have amazing versatility and Id reckon if he was held (which I doubt can happen for a full 4 terms) blokes like Sloan, Harrison even Sheers are more than capable of assuming his role.

Morgan I think can go with them in the ruck, but Im not sure if the above mentioned (Pell, Parsons, Carver) are held that Lancy's depth could cover their drive.

It's still Stanhope by 7-8 at Murch GF day at this stage I reckon.

As they know all too well out at the Mainland ... Finals are a different game.

Last year everyone thought Stanhope would be 10 goals better than Tally in the big one, especially after what happened in the second semi, and look what happened.

I would say Lancy are a better side than what Tally were last year.

Let's just hope this year the Lions will roar!!

Doona2 said:

Where Stanhope star big man Richard Goodbody????

Injuries seem to have cost the Blade a spot in the team of the year .. or was he named on the pine??

Surely there is a spot for the MIDGET RUCKMAN!!:D

Doona2 said:

i thought jimmy bodycoat could have slotted in nicely in the back pocket or even full back.
bodz had a great season and was the best backmen i saw all year!

big tony said:
i thought jimmy bodycoat could have slotted in nicely in the back pocket or even full back.
bodz had a great season and was the best backmen i saw all year!

Here here big tony.... haha. Nah mate just VT's team of the year, thats a pretty damn good backline they have named there, haven't seen wilson play full back before, but only played them once this year so who knows.... I'd have gray on ball in a heartbeat

What about with seasons end approaching very soon and the league b & f coming up, we start up some top 3 tips to take it out hey lads? and possibly one or two tips for each clubs highest poller...
I get the ball rolling:
1.) Brenton Gray (stanhope)
2.) Lloyd O'Brien (ardmona)
3.) Perry Meka (ardmona) kicking as many big tally's as he did and his team winning many might see the country legend score a few bog's possibly...

VT's top two: 1.) Frank Macak (when he was good he was brilliant)
2.) Sean Horsborugh or Bo Harrison (Bo usually polls better in league counts than club

Sly Dog said:
how did brezza white go on the weekend doona or cosby. read he kicked a couple. if fit he could really make a difference come finals, if fit though. have seen him dominate games at tonny and really split blokes if in the way. certainly has defenders looking over their shoulders.
also, was it a knee that kept him sidelined for most of the season.
Big brezza kicked 3. Will be good for us come finals, i have no doubt.
He copped a knock on the knee versus gig the first time we played them and was out for a fair few weeks. If we can get the ball where he wants it he will kick a few goals.

Just on that kdfl team that was in the shepp news, i would've thought that Ad Thomson would've got a guernsey at FB. Was a bit stiff in my book.

I understand that stevey rass missed a few games early but have noticed that he has been rushy's best player for about the past 6 weeks in a row. does anyone rate him as a chance to take charlie or whatever the league b&f is called home??

Mappo said:
I think you may be on to something there Joeyboy. Although I think young Ronald might have missed to many the past couple of weeks. Whats wrong with him, did he break a nail in the Heathcote Pub.;)

yeah broken nail plus a shoulder that requires a reconstruction, we probly wont be seeing him until mid next year, if at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jmain14 said:
I understand that stevey rass missed a few games early but have noticed that he has been rushy's best player for about the past 6 weeks in a row. does anyone rate him as a chance to take charlie or whatever the league b&f is called home??

Was one of their better players against us in mid season and have noticed his been one of the first names in their best players for a while, didn't actually think he was quite league medal material, but rushy have won plenty of games and if he's been in there best couple for halfa season then he should be able to poll a few id imagine so you never know. i just can't look past brenton gray at this stage

BODZY#32 said:
Was one of their better players against us in mid season and have noticed his been one of the first names in their best players for a while, didn't actually think he was quite league medal material, but rushy have won plenty of games and if he's been in there best couple for halfa season then he should be able to poll a few id imagine so you never know. i just can't look past brenton gray at this stage

Hoota has missed a few games this season so not sure if he will pull it off but in the games he did play he was best on by a mile. All depends if the umpires see it that way. My tip if Hoot doesnt win it would be Lowey.

Doona2 said:

Stephen Rasmussen from Rushy would be very unlucky. He's had a super year.

Patty you are an idiot. Its pretty dissapointing to here that you and Arch are doing this. Archy you love the club - why make Avenel sounds like a bad place to be around when many many good times have been had on the field and in the footy rooms. Patty you must be the dumbest person to walk the face of the earth to A: think it wouldnt get out that you are showy#1 and B: air your dirty laundry on the world wide web when you and one of your best friends Shaun Pearce are contemplating coming in and lifting the Avenel FC in the season of 2007. What are you thinkin mate?

speckie said:
Patty you are an idiot. Its pretty dissapointing to here that you and Arch are doing this. Archy you love the club - why make Avenel sounds like a bad place to be around when many many good times have been had on the field and in the footy rooms. Patty you must be the dumbest person to walk the face of the earth to A: think it wouldnt get out that you are showy#1 and B: air your dirty laundry on the world wide web when you and one of your best friends Shaun Pearce are contemplating coming in and lifting the Avenel FC in the season of 2007. What are you thinkin mate?

Sounds as though Showy#1 has rubbed a few people up the wrong way on his thoughts & opinions he has aired on big footy, particulalry supporters of the Avenel footy club.. Wasnt there a rumour floating around that Patty wouldn't get cleared from seymour, re: $2000/bombers?? I'd suggest if he is Showy#1 that the chances of him lining up in 2007 for the swannies in becoming slimmer and slimmer with every post & with some personal issues with some involved with the club, seems very unlikely.. If released from the Lions in '07 i know a handful of clubs that will be chasing him hard & happy to have him..

Doona2 said:

What about bucketarse hoursbrough from vt? with an arse like that you couldnt miss him out on the field staring.

The Scribe said:
Sounds as though Showy#1 has rubbed a few people up the wrong way on his thoughts & opinions he has aired on big footy, particulalry supporters of the Avenel footy club.. Wasnt there a rumour floating around that Patty wouldn't get cleared from seymour, re: $2000/bombers?? I'd suggest if he is Showy#1 that the chances of him lining up in 2007 for the swannies in becoming slimmer and slimmer with every post & with some personal issues with some involved with the club, seems very unlikely.. If released from the Lions in '07 i know a handful of clubs that will be chasing him hard & happy to have him..

I have no doubt that if cleared by Seymour, Patty will be chased by serveral clubs. And he should be, he is a great player and he has a promising future in the great game. Its just a shame that his brain is the size of an acorn and his maturity level is that of a 12 year old skinner.

BODZY#32 said:
Steve Rasmussen was one of their better players against us in mid season and have noticed his been one of the first names in their best players for a while, didn't actually think he was quite league medal material, but rushy have won plenty of games and if he's been in there best couple for halfa season then he should be able to poll a few id imagine so you never know. i just can't look past brenton gray at this stage

Bodzy - that was easily the worst game Steve Rasmussen has ever played in his life, and that has come from the horses mouth on more than one occasion.. His last 6wks have been phenomenal, and whilst he'll poll well in the second half of the year, won't poll enough early to give the medal a shake.. For mine, O'Brien just to pip Molisak, and then Hoota, though obviously Hoot is the best player in the comp by a considerable margin..

Well done to Mark Brown for accepting my bribe and putting me in the shepp news side, albiet on the bench... probably 50 other players in the comp more worthy..

T.Perry said:
Bodzy - that was easily the worst game Steve Rasmussen has ever played in his life, and that has come from the horses mouth on more than one occasion.. His last 6wks have been phenomenal, and whilst he'll poll well in the second half of the year, won't poll enough early to give the medal a shake.. For mine, O'Brien just to pip Molisak, and then Hoota, though obviously Hoot is the best player in the comp by a considerable margin..

Well done to Mark Brown for accepting my bribe and putting me in the shepp news side, albiet on the bench... probably 50 other players in the comp more worthy..

Tavvy, please stop being so modest.. I have heard only great reports from up homw this year about the great Pezza..
Signing off... Chinkers

speckie said:
mate i think you need to get the name of this user right your the one making a fool of your self you have no idea

showy#1 said:
mate i think you need to get the name of this user right your the one making a fool of your self you have no idea

Funny that - I can tell you exactly how I know its you ratsnake, your girlfriend told someone who then told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back