Kdfl Sept 05-April 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

cosby said:
been a bit quite on here lately and i don't think anyones mentioned it yet but the centenary year for 2006 out at lancy is a no-goer i'm afraid. seems two very lovely ladies from the historical society in kyabram made a find last week that changed the believed formation year from 1906 to 1910.
unfortunatley, although the club was still playing games in 1906 it's beleived now that 'officially' the club was only started in 1910. whatever this all actually means i don't know but we were informed that keeping the centenary year as this year would've been changing history so the club had no choice but to inform the players and then put a bit in the free mess last week.
therefore the players are now the lucky owners of some very rare and intrigueing 'centenary pre season singlets' for 2006, sure to be a collectors item.

other lanky news, the club will be playing yarroweyah on the 25th and mount pleasant on the 1st while the rest of the league plays the first round.

Apart from a few people taking the p i s s, is this likely to affect the club in any way in terms of potential recruits, sponsorship, etc? How much does a singlet go for?? Will be interesting to see how Lancy goes in their praccy matches, both Yarroweyah and mounts will have pretty good sides this year..
Who is playing this Wed night at gig?

i mightlook on e bay for one of those singlets cosby. from what i hear b whites singlet could be a bargain as he actually hasnt worn it yet (you did say training singlet) while on the big fella, wouldnt a headbutt from whitey wipe out the whole team. its a decent sized noggin hes got

T.Perry said:
Who is playing this Wed night at gig?

Stanhope is playing 1 u, with a few blokes back in from last weeks game they should have a stronger side.

King_Of_Ling said:
Stanhope is playing 1 u, with a few blokes back in from last weeks game they should have a stronger side.

Would be very surprised if Stanhope had too many problems with disposing of 1 u (that is easier than trying to spell it!) I hear most of the boys are pretty fit and looking forward to atone for last year..

Doona, any word out of Yea?? I reckon they could be real smokey's this year - how are they going with their recruiting and which players should opposition clubs keep an eye on?

As far as Lanky's centennary's concerned, it's always tough to find the exact date of a formation of a particular club, and you really need to get somebody who knows a bit about research to do this. (BTW, i'm sure that Eileen Sullivan & Mavis Knight at Kyabram, would've helped you know end, in your enquiries).

When I was assigned to do research for Murchison's 125th Anniversary, (which in my mind should be celebrated this year, because I believe that anniversarys go by years and not seasons so 1881 to 2006 is 125 YEARS), I found out that football in Murchison was played as early as 1877 (against Rushworth), and again in 1879 (against Rushworth, and again amoungst ourselves), but it wasn't until our first committee was formed (in 1881), that the Murchison Football Club came into being, and this is the year that we decided that the club was formed.

So as far as historical accuracy is concerned, the Lancaster Football Club started when who had your first working committee (which was in 1910), not when the Lancaster community started playing football (which was in 1906), but anyway, Lancaster should be proud of the fact that your club has survived and prospered after so many years of service.

Now, back to the footy. who do you think will be in the running for the finals ?, Which clubs to you think will improve on last season ?, Who do you think will go backwards in 2006 ?, and more importantly, Who do you think will win the Premiership in 2006 ?.

In my opinion, the usual suspects, Stanhope and Lancaster will be tough to beat, but Yea, after having an ordinary record of winning Grand Finals, looks strong and seems to have found a way to win the games that count.

The improvers in my mind will be Violet Town, Girgarre, Nagambie & Merrigum, but I don't think that they have enough to beat the contenders for the flag.

I think that Murchison & Tallygaroopna will go backwards solely due to the fact that they have lost too many players to be within cooee of premiership contention (as far as Murch goes, well I hope for the best, and that we are a happy club in 2006).

And for my prediction for 2006 Premiers, and I know that this will suprise some people, but I think that Yea will win the premiership, because they've recruited well, have a great home ground advantage (like Rushworth), and after thier come from behing premiership last year, they believe that they can do it, and on that fact alone, the Yea Tigers come September will be 2006 KDFL Premiers.

I would like to hear your opinions on this, and I would like to wish you all the best for the up-coming season.

Wayde Petersen said:
Now, back to the footy. who do you think will be in the running for the finals ?, Which clubs to you think will improve on last season ?, Who do you think will go backwards in 2006 ?, and more importantly, Who do you think will win the Premiership in 2006 ?.

In my opinion, the usual suspects, Stanhope and Lancaster will be tough to beat, but Yea, after having an ordinary record of winning Grand Finals, looks strong and seems to have found a way to win the games that count.

The improvers in my mind will be Violet Town, Girgarre, Nagambie & Merrigum, but I don't think that they have enough to beat the contenders for the flag.

I think that Murchison & Tallygaroopna will go backwards solely due to the fact that they have lost too many players to be within cooee of premiership contention (as far as Murch goes, well I hope for the best, and that we are a happy club in 2006).
QUOTE]

Don't think you're too far off the $ Wayde. I think Stanhope should start favourites, with Yea and Ardmona to be their likely GF opponents. There's still a long way to go before September arrives, but at this stage I'd say Lancy and Rushy would be the most likely to challenge these 3. In saying that, I think Undera will go very close to making the finals and violet town could also be a real surprise packet. I think you're right - Murch and Tally will drop off the pace and both seem to have lost a majority of their best players (Montgomery, Sidebottom, Wayman, Trianidis for Tally and Kellet, Turner, Richter, Mahoney for Murch). Gig will improve marketedly on last year, but I don't think to the extent that they will scare the top teams, Nagambie and Avenel will be ok, and could potentially snare a spot just out of the finals, but I don't think they will have the quality at the top end to compete with the top sides (though they're depth will be ok). I think that leaves Merrigum, have hardly heard a word on what's happening out there, except that they've lost Stammers and Hall, arguably they're 2 best players...

So my predictions for the ladder:
Stanhope
Yea
Ardy
Rushy
Lancy

Undera
Violet Town
Nagambie
Avenel
Gig
Tally
Murch
Merrigum (though anyone between 7-12 could be swapped around - they should be pretty even)

You can pencil brenton Gray in for the McNamara medal, with Brad Lowe and Cory Carver not far behind. Pearce to go in favourite for the leading goal-kicker.

Rumour has it again that the Yea coach may be 'posted' in the coming weeks and the Tigers may be looking for a replacement ?? :eek:

T.Perry said:
Wayde Petersen said:

QUOTE]

Don't think you're too far off the $ Wayde. I think Stanhope should start favourites, with Yea and Ardmona to be their likely GF opponents. There's still a long way to go before September arrives, but at this stage I'd say Lancy and Rushy would be the most likely to challenge these 3. In saying that, I think Undera will go very close to making the finals and violet town could also be a real surprise packet. I think you're right - Murch and Tally will drop off the pace and both seem to have lost a majority of their best players (Montgomery, Sidebottom, Wayman, Trianidis for Tally and Kellet, Turner, Richter, Mahoney for Murch). Gig will improve marketedly on last year, but I don't think to the extent that they will scare the top teams, Nagambie and Avenel will be ok, and could potentially snare a spot just out of the finals, but I don't think they will have the quality at the top end to compete with the top sides (though they're depth will be ok). I think that leaves Merrigum, have hardly heard a word on what's happening out there, except that they've lost Stammers and Hall, arguably they're 2 best players...

So my predictions for the ladder:
Stanhope
Yea
Ardy
Rushy
Lancy

Undera
Violet Town
Nagambie
Avenel
Gig
Tally
Murch
Merrigum (though anyone between 7-12 could be swapped around - they should be pretty even)

You can pencil brenton Gray in for the McNamara medal, with Brad Lowe and Cory Carver not far behind. Pearce to go in favourite for the leading goal-kicker.

Thanks for the reply Tavis, that top 5 (i'm glad we've kept that finals format, because it is the fairest way to decide who's the best team of the year) you gave is spot-on, but as you said, it's still early yet, and I only wanted to do this because I wanted to see if our predictions were accurate come finals time.

As far as Rushy goes, well you (and Ardy), will be there and there abouts, but it essentially goes down to how your Under 18's will perform in the seniors (a few of your kids look good, and the bloke you had at full-forward last week, if he can become a bit more mobile, he'll be hard to match up in because I doubt there would be many full-backs that could match him body to body and one on one), and the ability of Scott Hanson and the rest of your coaching staff to replace those players you've lost, but I think you're good enough to make the finals barring disaster.

T.Perry said:
Apart from a few people taking the p i s s, is this likely to affect the club in any way in terms of potential recruits, sponsorship, etc? How much does a singlet go for?? Will be interesting to see how Lancy goes in their praccy matches, both Yarroweyah and mounts will have pretty good sides this year..
Can't see this affecting the club in any way other than a few of the boys being disappointed that they have to wait another 4 years for the centenary ball. there will be a 'not the centenary' ball held in august and i'm sure they will make just as big a mess of themselves.

T.Perry said:
Murch and Tally will drop off the pace and both seem to have lost a majority of their best players (Montgomery, Sidebottom, Wayman, Trianidis for Tally and Kellet, Turner, Richter, Mahoney for Murch).

Have spoken to Wayman a few times and I believe he will stay at Tally. Played CHB last week in night series and was BOG for Tally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hank1 said:
T.Perry said:
Murch and Tally will drop off the pace and both seem to have lost a majority of their best players (Montgomery, Sidebottom, Wayman, Trianidis for Tally and Kellet, Turner, Richter, Mahoney for Murch).

Have spoken to Wayman a few times and I believe he will stay at Tally. Played CHB last week in night series and was BOG for Tally.

Moama are in the running as of this week.?

T.Perry said:
Doona, any word out of Yea?? I reckon they could be real smokey's this year - how are they going with their recruiting and which players should opposition clubs keep an eye on?

Had a great chat with our pres Chris Pollard tonight and I think everything appears fine in Yea. No doubt like everyone still finalising the playing list and now that cricket is finished numbers will improve on the track. Play rival Alexandra on the 25th I believe before going to Avenel round 1 for a clash the Tigers are very nervy about.

Go easy on the flag talk too you blokes, I feel the boys will be very competitive but from all the bad vibes the CGFL got we must be stepping up to a fair standard of footy and to make the finals would be an achievement.

Players to watch, christ where do I start they're all new faces to KDFL clubs . . . Tom Butterworth, Chris Leatham, Matt Pollard, Cam Scott, Michael Papa, Mark Nicholls, Ben Milliken, Ashley Walsh, Damien Lord, Adrian Wilson, Terry Whitwam, Damien Inness and James Clavarino, James Stephens and Peter Kiss have come along nicely in the past 2-3 seasons.

Who am I kidding I love em all and wish them every success in their new league.

Doona2 said:
Players to watch, christ where do I start they're all new faces to KDFL clubs . . . Tom Butterworth, Chris Leatham, Matt Pollard, Cam Scott, Michael Papa, Mark Nicholls, Ben Milliken, Ashley Walsh, Damien Lord, Adrian Wilson, Terry Whitwam, Damien Inness and James Clavarino, James Stephens and Peter Kiss have come along nicely in the past 2-3 seasons.

Who am I kidding I love em all and wish them every success in their new league.

Now I apologise if this was raised a few pages back and I missed it, but is the Big Dip in fact going to play at Yea. The word on the street - Sydney Rd in fact - is he is suiting up for North Coburg Saints in '06.
Doona?

Grandale said:
Now I apologise if this was raised a few pages back and I missed it, but is the Big Dip in fact going to play at Yea. The word on the street - Sydney Rd in fact - is he is suiting up for North Coburg Saints in '06.
Doona?

Dont listen to the Sydney Rd mafia mate, I spoke with Dipper last week and he was all Yea so I dunno about that one.

Saw a mate play against them last year and Id reckon North Coburg would need at least 4-5 Dipper Wilson's to be any good even in the EDFL 2nd div

Had a look at the night series at Girgarre the other night and reckon its a great concept better than practice matches with some financial reward for those that succeed but if they expect sides to enter and people to pay to get it they need to improve their lights. Hopefully with the windfall they make from the series they allocate some money towards improvements.

T. Perry- Where has Stammers left too? Seen him play a great game for tat against Seymour two years ago and thought he had enourmous potential! Then last year he looked a shdaow of the player when i seen him play against nagas... Seemed far to young to handle the pressure of captaincy in a mediocre side!

Andyt30 said:
yea Will give kdfl a good fright in their first year back in the KDFL
:thumbsu:

Is Johno Soloman running around for yea again this year?

inlimbo said:
T. Perry- Where has Stammers left too? Seen him play a great game for tat against Seymour two years ago and thought he had enourmous potential! Then last year he looked a shdaow of the player when i seen him play against nagas... Seemed far to young to handle the pressure of captaincy in a mediocre side!

Not 100% sure where he's off to, but I'm pretty sure he's moving out of the area, maybe up to QLD (?)..

Must admit I've never actually see him play, but he definitely went to the doggies with huge wrapts. Pretty sure he went alright in the B&F for them..Good point about him being too young to be captain, would have been 23-24 last year..

Lanky had first hit out Thursday night. It was an intra club. Numbers were good at one stage 19 a team on the park. Troy Mitchell played and well. Not sure if hes signed though. We borrowed tonny jumpers and for the first time in three years the tonny jumper surprisingly won.!!!

T.Perry said:
Not 100% sure where he's off to, but I'm pretty sure he's moving out of the area, maybe up to QLD (?)..

Must admit I've never actually see him play, but he definitely went to the doggies with huge wrapts. Pretty sure he went alright in the B&F for them..Good point about him being too young to be captain, would have been 23-24 last year..

Stammers is in Griffith (NSW) at the moment will be working there till April and then will more than likely be back in the area.
Stammers won Merrigum B&F last year and I rated him atleast in the best two CHB's in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back