KDFL U/18's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will burn out too early in the year? What does this mean Floater? Fill us in. The kid obvioulsy sits at full forward all game, therefore would not do a great deal of running and hence would not burn out too early. The kid has played senior games in a premiership side! Can you say you have done the same? I think not. He has kicked big bags already against Gig and Murch. Yes both aren't going to be that competitive but still, if you don't get them against the lesser teams, who will you get them against? He only managed one against Rushy a couple of games ago but was well held by arguably Rushworths best player. Last game managed to kick 8 against Avenel who i guarantee you will win more games than they lose! As for stanhopes one man forward line you couldn't be more wrong. They have a bloke called B. Robinson, finished top ten goalkicking last year and second at Stanhope and has already got ten this year i believe. J. Gentle has ten already also and J.Patten 9. Correct me if i'm wrong? Not too sure on these figures. As for Nexhip burning out? He finished the season with 70 odd goals from memory! How much did you end up with Hayden? If your going to come on here and talk utter rot, atleast make some part of your story correct, as all you have written about Stanhope is nonsense.

All the best.

Geez he musn't be too bad then. Stanhopes senior team was very good last year and this year looks to be better! Where did he play in the ones? How much games did he get? I thought he played very well on saturday and our backline wasn't up to it. I think he kicked 5 in the first qtr? Did he not?

dont forget alex oreilly

hey just a bit curious.... everyones talking about how gud oreilly is and how he'll kick a bag everyweek, and be unstoppable.... but what about Leigh Wade, from lanky, he's been going under the radar a bit, and still every one seems to talk about oreilly....

O'reilly is really only kicking big bags against poorer teams, but as we all saw against rushy he was shut down, and struggled to get on the score board with just the one.... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: (you can say he was at CHF, but still just the one goal, if he was as good as he's being portrayed to be, he would of kicked 6 from there!!)
he's not as great as everyone says.... yes has got a gud set of mitts on him, but thats most probably the only strong point to his game.
but to his credit, he has managed to kick straight, but i cant wait to see how he performs when the pumps really on him.... personally, i dont think he has the heart to stand up when the team will need him the most.... (2007 granny for eg).

maybe people should be switching their eyes to other forwards in the league other than this one bloke, who obviously can only get a kick against lower sides.
cheers. :thumbsu:;)

also, while we're on the goalkicking subject, who do people think will be the top 3 - 5 goal kickers this year? reason?
interesting comment but i do recall he kicked 8 against Avenel who has been talked up to be one of the best teams in the kdl he also kicked 5 in the first quarter to get them off to a good start so start talkin a bit of sense and be able to back it up. he was carrying a hamstring injuy in the finals thats why he played most games full forward, limiting him to the midfeild where he played all year. Lancaster have only played ordinary sides also.

interesting comment but i do recall he kicked 8 against Avenel who has been talked up to be one of the best teams in the kdl he also kicked 5 in the first quarter to get them off to a good start so start talkin a bit of sense and be able to back it up. he was carrying a hamstring injuy in the finals thats why he played most games full forward, limiting him to the midfeild where he played all year. Lancaster have only played ordinary sides also.
wat eva mate dont make up excuses for the dud he is obviously sh!t:thumbsu:

the taller players of last year?! who? nick mellington is the only one that comes to mind. oh and ryan moore who didnt play due to a broken foot. last years squad was actually averagly shorter then the pdfl side. i dunno if youve noticed, but m.forde has been in the best in both games undera has played. so, as someone said before, the players will be picked on their performance on saturdays, i think he'll be picked because of his performance, not his height.
josh comie, brenton campbell, josh sanderson and a few more, this year there is only 3 and they aren't all that big agreed? who will ruck.

josh comie, brenton campbell, josh sanderson and a few more, this year there is only 3 and they aren't all that big agreed? who will ruck.

I'd say felsbourg will do the ruck duties. Very handy ruckman with good size and strength. Would be killing it at Undera i would believe. Just while i am on the subject of Terran, Rushworth are a very handy side this year and i believe they will finish fairly high in the finals race. If Terran, Marty Forde and Redmond Weston had have all stayed at Rushy these blokes would have added more depth and strength to a team that is looking the goods early on in the season. Terran Would have rucked, releasing Clarke to CHB, Marty i believe would have played either back flank or full back, giving them some much needed leg speed deep down in defence considering the likes of Moylan and the Miller twins play there, and Weston would have played forward flank pushing up the ground.

wat eva mate dont make up excuses for the dud he is obviously sh!t:thumbsu:

He ain't no dud mate. As already mentioned has played senior games in a team that won the flag. Is leading the goalkicking early on in season 2008 and has represented the KDL in interleague matches a couple of times. Sounds like you are a bit jealous there J.G? Haha.

Witnessed Stanhopes forwardline first hand on the weekend as i played down back and played on a fairly handy footballer. Not sure who he was, #7 i think? Very good hands and good leg speed. Who is J.Gentle and B.Robinson? Don't recall seeing them out there and didn't hear there names mentioned.
j. gentle was the kid that kicked 5 goals playing in the midfield and was best on if not close to it.. you must be blind if you didnt see him.

i would call sanderson a tall but not brenton or comi. i think terron will take the ruck duties. dunno who hed swap with but. the midfield will be ferocious this year, especially with wes shellie and jarrod zabarto in there.

Tips for this week:
Murch vs Undera - Undera to continue trying to increase their percentage. will win by 100+
Gig vs VT - VT will win, not sure how close it will be. havnt heard much from the vt camp lately im tipping 30 points.
Tally vs Nag - Nag to put some doubters down. 70+ points
Stanhope vs Lanky - Match of the round. without a doubt. To close to pick a winner. who will chase Shellie? do lanky have the depth and fitness to run out with stanhope? time will tell.
Avenal vs Rushy - Rushy to win in a close one. 20 points tops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for this week:
Murch vs Undera - Undera to continue trying to increase their percentage. will win by 100+
Gig vs VT - VT will win, not sure how close it will be. havnt heard much from the vt camp lately im tipping 30 points.
Stanhope vs Lanky - Match of the round. without a doubt. To close to pick a winner. who will chase Shellie? do lanky have the depth and fitness to run out with stanhope? time will tell.

Murch vs Undera can say much but i reckon 150 points
Gig vs VT Vt to win by 15 points with R.Harper to kick 5 from the wing
Tally vs Nag Close game i reckon Nag by 13 points
Stanhope vs Lanky Good game will show where lanky really are stanhope still to good 25 points
Avenal vs Rushy i rate avenal this year to give rushy a touch up by 5 goals

Wes Shellie is the best underage player to pull on the boots in the KDL for a number of years. He's as tough as nails, runs all day and disposal is second to none. If he doesn't win the league b & f i'd be suprised.
Not only that but he's a champion bloke.

On ya Pipesy!:thumbsu:

Well mate i think you will find avenel will be one of the best teams in the KD this yr especially when you consider that the team who took on stanhope on the weekend outscored them in the 2nd half and is missing key midfielder Scott Williams who has the skill and discipline to play a tagging role on one of either joss Gentle or Ryan Patten come finals time! as well as Charles Wheeler who is a handy addition to the side, not to mention Beau Raneri who was unable to impact due to sickness. Our boys will be a good unit when it comes to finals!

I hope for Scott's sake that this is Brett... Otherwise he might himself copping some flak from some elements of the crowd (myself):cool:!!! On another note though, I was actually impressed by Tom Hardisty's game... for the first time ever , maybe you should play him at fullback more often!

____ me duncs first time ever? considering that saturday was the first game this yr i didn't feature in the "best" you must be hard to impress! lol nah but seriously mate thanks for the compliment, but i hope i don't find my self down back to often!

Tips for this week:

Murch V Undera Undera just to be way to good 80 points+
Gig V VT Vt have a better side on paper but is a game of footy so anything can happen 60 points
Tally V Nag Have no idear what Nag are like so i'm backing us to win by 20 points
Stanhope V Lanky Lanky have nothing to lose i think it will be a tight game but Lanky to kick away in the last to win by 30 points
Avenal V Rushy Cant pick a winner so i chose the home team Avenal by 2 points

Stanhope vs Lanky - i think that it will be a good game provided we (lanky) play close to our best. I think we will match it with Stanhope for a half but wont be able to keep up in the second half. But if we play our best for four quarters there is every chance we will take the points. Lanky by 4 points.

Avenel vs Rushy - match of round, At avenel so it is hard to go past them, but Rushy have good form and a quality side. If Rushy hold Fulco to less than 3 goals Rushy will win. Rushy by 8 points.

Girgarre vs Violet Town - I dont think this game will be one sided. Gig will play some good footy but i think VT will hit there straps in the third quarter. Unless the gig holds the strong forward line of Flote, Harwood and McCorkell they might be in with a show. VT by 40 points.

Nagambie vs Tally - Nagambie to play some footy after a couple week break and will pound Tally. Sanderson should kick off his goalkicking tally with 10. i think this kid will win the goalkicking even though he has kicked bearly any goals. Naggaz by 100 points.

Murchison vs Undera - If Undera are any good they will win by 150 points+, although they should win it will be interesting to see if they can bury a side, unlike last week against Gig and there first game againt Tally. Undera if there any good by 150 points,

Murch vs Undera Murch are duds again, undera by 130
Gig vs VT VT wont be full strength but will account for Gig comfortably by 45 points
Tally vs Nag tally will lead at half time but nag by 24 points
Stanhope vs Lanky Lanky will lead at half time but wont have the legs to run with stanhope, stanhope by 40 points. Patten BOG O'reilly 8
Avenal vs Rushy Avenal by 30 points, willie wheeler to get BOG n kick 4

j. gentle was the kid that kicked 5 goals playing in the midfield and was best on if not close to it.. you must be blind if you didnt see him.

J. Gentle didn't spend alot of time in the midfield at all "Allday". Played CHF for probably 85% of the match making changes into the middle very rarely. I'm not sure J. Gentle was close to best either. Played a good game and kicked a lazy 5 but i thought other players had bigger impacts on the outcome. Such as young Reyne Auld, the kid must have had a disease or something becuase no one went near him for the whole match! O'Rielly was very good too. When the game was up for grabs early he booted 5 in the first qtr setting up a good win and of course the evergreen midfielder Harry Putter was once again in blistering form.

It seems as though everyone believes Stanhope Lancaster will be match of the round yes? Who will kick the goals for their team to get over the line? Who will win the ball for their side to setup forward attacks? And what will be the key matchups?

I also believe Avenel Rushworth will be a big match and will show where both teams are at and wil give an early indication on how they should fair come finals.

It seems as though everyone believes Stanhope Lancaster will be match of the round yes? Who will kick the goals for their team to get over the line? Who will win the ball for their side to setup forward attacks? And what will be the key matchups?

I also believe Avenel Rushworth will be a big match and will show where both teams are at and wil give an early indication on how they should fair come finals.

Stanhope V Lancaster i believe is a huge match. Not only would have the loser dropped a game after the round and the team that wins will be 5-0(Which is a huge confidence boost), but also it could possibly make the top 5 form a bit better so early in the season after seeing how Stanhope match up with Rushy, Avenel and now Lancy. If Stanhope win i believe the confidence will grow alot within the team, knowing they are just as good as last year and also having knocked off some genuine contenders this year already in Rushy, Avenel and Lancy (If they win). If Lancaster win they will know where abouts they are. They havn't beaten much competition so far this year but if they knock off Stanhope they should know they can mix it with the best. Interesting to note Brad Allott will be lining up against his old club this weekend and it will be interesting to see how he performs and how the Stanhope boys treat him, also who gets the job on him. He is doing pretty well so far over there from what i see. I wonder if the crowd will respond to him like the West Coast crowd did to Juddy?:D. Haha highly unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back