KDFL U/18's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAN - 31
AVE - 23

Low scoring, very wet scrappy footy the usual best players for avenel played well, Fulco,Wheeler,Bergowicz. For Lanky T.Hunter again best, W.Shellie. Not really anything to report on the game. Just happy to get the 4 points.

Stanhope accounted for Undera in what was a typical low scoring wet weather football match. Stanhope had what was a very handy lead at half time in the conditions but to Undera's credit they were able to match Stanhope for the majority of the second half. Undera level pegged with Stanhope after half time if not winning the half, which is something positive they can take out the match where there weren't too many highlights for either side. Would have been an interesting match in the dry conditions.

Were all the other matches played in the wet?

I know Lancy V Avenel were. Violet Town V Murch was a prety high scoring affair and suggests it was fairly dry. As with Rushy v Merrigum, even though Rushy only played Merrigum, still a fairly high scoreline for the wet you would think and maybe played in some fairly good conditions? And the Nagambie V Girgarre score sounds about right for the wet.

Stanhope accounted for Undera in what was a typical low scoring wet weather football match. Stanhope had what was a very handy lead at half time in the conditions but to Undera's credit they were able to match Stanhope for the majority of the second half. Undera level pegged with Stanhope after half time if not winning the half, which is something positive they can take out the match where there weren't too many highlights for either side. Would have been an interesting match in the dry conditions.

I know Lancy V Avenel were. Violet Town V Murch was a prety high scoring affair and suggests it was fairly dry. As with Rushy v Merrigum, even though Rushy only played Merrigum, still a fairly high scoreline for the wet you would think and maybe played in some fairly good conditions? And the Nagambie V Girgarre score sounds about right for the wet.

it was wet as a shag in vt... the ball would get kicked 20 meters and skid for 30.

Home and Away ladder after round 6:

Stanhope-24
Rushworth-20
Undera-20
Lancaster -20
Violet Town-20
Nagambie-20
Avenel -12
Tallygaroopna-4
Merrigum-4
Girgarre-0
Murchison-0

Top 5 to me sounds just about right. I think these 5 teams will make finals and it should be a very interesting finals campaign. Nagambie and Avenel are still obvious chances to make the top 5 come the end of the season but i believe that's how the 5 will stay.

any other thoughts on this?

Yes the ground was absolutely sopped! Skills were down as you would expect and the final scores were that which resembled a qtr time score in the dry conditions. Absolutely freezing and no team really thrived in these conditions. Can't wait to get back to the dry stuff! Not a fan of the wet, as you can tell:D

Home and Away ladder after round 6:

Stanhope-24
Rushworth-20
Undera-20
Lancaster -20
Violet Town-20
Nagambie-20
Avenel -12
Tallygaroopna-4
Merrigum-4
Girgarre-0
Murchison-0

Top 5 to me sounds just about right. I think these 5 teams will make finals and it should be a very interesting finals campaign. Nagambie and Avenel are still obvious chances to make the top 5 come the end of the season but i believe that's how the 5 will stay.

any other thoughts on this?
yeah the ladder will get sorted out again this week, with 3 big matches.. Lanky v Rushy, Avenel v Undera and the grand final re-match Stanny at home to Voilet Town, it should be an interresting weeknd of footy next round

LAN - 31
AVE - 23

Low scoring, very wet scrappy footy the usual best players for avenel played well, Fulco,Wheeler,Bergowicz. For Lanky T.Hunter again best, W.Shellie. Not really anything to report on the game. Just happy to get the 4 points.

the only real stand outs for the game were hunter and shellie for lanky and bergowicz and williams for avenal

i was at the game to watch big aj play so i thought id make a day of it. stanhope took it to undera in the first quarter and won it quite convinvingly. the second quarter was much more even with stanhope kicking ahead. it seemed like a new undera outfit in the second half. they had much more dicipline and the noise was aloud louder with players picking up stanhopes loose ones. Undera did out score stanhope in the second half and should hold their heads high for next week.

it was wet as a shag in vt... the ball would get kicked 20 meters and skid for 30.

nah i wouldnt say that it was wet but vt should have won by more just couldnt get it together. vt should have won by 150 but maybe they not as good as everyone is saying they are. next weekend will show how good they really are

yeah the ladder will get sorted out again this week, with 3 big matches.. Lanky v Rushy, Avenel v Undera and the grand final re-match Stanny at home to Voilet Town, it should be an interresting weeknd of footy next round

Yes all three matches are massive for each side competing in them for different reasons!

The standout match though is Stanhope v Violet Town. It will show exactly where both teams are at and how far they can go in September.
Stanhope look to be the pacesetters of 2008 and Violet Town despite there slip up against Nagambie they have played good footy. Will be an interesting match!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes all three matches are massive for each side competing in them for different reasons!

The standout match though is Stanhope v Violet Town. It will show exactly where both teams are at and how far they can go in September.
Stanhope look to be the pacesetters of 2008 and Violet Town despite there slip up against Nagambie they have played good footy. Will be an interesting match!
It should be a really good match and lets just hope its a bit warmer and dryer at mainland and that the VT boys can win. Will stanhope be at full strength unlike VT who are without Hearn Millar and Mcfarlane and what do the tipstars think.... I'll say stanhope by 30 but the rivalry is fierce and it really could go either way

It should be a really good match and lets just hope its a bit warmer and dryer at mainland and that the VT boys can win. Will stanhope be at full strength unlike VT who are without Hearn Millar and Mcfarlane and what do the tipstars think.... I'll say stanhope by 30 but the rivalry is fierce and it really could go either way
The first 5 minutes wont tell much of the game as both teams as u said will be going hard at it, i tihnk the stanhope boys will want revenge (who wouldnt) from last yr, but u never know, it would be a great contest to watch and the match-ups will be interesting, Patten and Abley likely to go head-to-head, who else will line up in the midfeild??

And of course O'reily on VT full back who im not sure is!

but none the less will be a great game

yeah sounds about right....
VT just not up to strength, stanny have evey piston in function by the looks of it, and yer it is a pretty bitter rivalry....
it'll be interesting anyway.

The first 5 minutes wont tell much of the game as both teams as u said will be going hard at it, i tihnk the stanhope boys will want revenge (who wouldnt) from last yr, but u never know, it would be a great contest to watch and the match-ups will be interesting, Patten and Abley likely to go head-to-head, who else will line up in the midfeild??

And of course O'reily on VT full back who im not sure is!

but none the less will be a great game

Floate vs dearing
McCorkell vs Gentle
O'Reilly vs Burden

Stanhope will be missing John Taylor, Braeden Stokes, Regan Hanson and maybe Alex O'Reilly depending on his senior duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back