Coach Ken Hinkley - A Kim Beazley coach, a Dr Seuss game plan and BEREFT of ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I'm amused and entertained by the analogies, I've always had this one in mind.

Just run.
Kinda simple.
Dumb luck to get the things you want.

if only our game plan was as unpredictable as that proverbial box of chocolates

Don't give them an inch for being lazy to understand the real weakness of coach Ken Hinkley - lovely bloke and all - but doesn't have the Ticker come September.

Being a cat, Hinkley has 9 lives.

In terms of politicians, William McMahon became PM before I was born, but I've often heard he was one of Australia's worst Prime Ministers.
Not even close, mate. Absolute daylight behind Whitlam, Hawke, Keating, Rudd, Gillard and the bumbling waste of space leading us now - although whether it is actually Albanese or Ping Pong Penny in the top job is anyone's guess.

"Bereft of ideas" is the most apt term to describe his current state.

Yesterday's interview was an absolute disaster, and showed he still has no answers other than turning up and hoping for the best.

Not even close, mate. Absolute daylight behind Whitlam, Hawke, Keating, Rudd, Gillard and the bumbling waste of space leading us now - although whether it is actually Albanese or Ping Pong Penny in the top job is anyone's guess.
Well that’s not partisan at all…

His game plan, or the way we play it, is obviously being implemented with the reserves although they are really bad with it, but I am convinced from what I have seen that it is being implemented in the woman's team as well. It's harder to see it because of their ability level but I reckon it's there, which I think reflects poorly on their coach. I hate it and I fear it being our style even beyond Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His game plan, or the way we play it, is obviously being implemented with the reserves although they are really bad with it, but I am convinced from what I have seen that it is being implemented in the woman's team as well. It's harder to see it because of their ability level but I reckon it's there, which I think reflects poorly on their coach. I hate it and I fear it being our style even beyond Hinkley.

Especially when there’s this wider view that Hinkley is a mastercoach getting blood from a stone with system alone, a la Ross Lyon’s Freo or Craigy’s Crowbots.

Every momentous win we’ve ever had has been a result of your Chad Wingards, Robbie Grays, Ollie Wineses, Travis Boaks, Aliir Aliirs, Zak Butterseses, Jason Horne-Franciseseses and other situationally magnificent players going absolutely HAM.

Especially when there’s this wider view that Hinkley is a mastercoach getting blood from a stone with system alone, a la Ross Lyon’s Freo or Craigy’s Crowbots.

Every momentous win we’ve ever had has been a result of your Chad Wingards, Robbie Grays, Ollie Wineses, Travis Boaks, Aliir Aliirs, Zak Butterseses, Jason Horne-Franciseseses and other situationally magnificent players going absolutely HAM.
And that's why when those players have not got it done in finals, we have looked so out of our depth.

And that's why when those players have not got it done in finals, we have looked so out of our depth.

Exactly!

Which is why the prevailing media and neutral fan groupthink that we need to surround the Pavliches, Fyfes, McLeods and Ricciutos with more superstars and less Subans, Ibbotsons, Perries and Torneys is so maddening.

We had nine past, present or future All-Australians in the team that took the field for the 2021 Prelim (Gray, Boak, Wines, Rozee, Butters, Aliir, Houston, Dixon, DBJ), with a further two players who had made the AA40 (Jonas x 3, Amon).

That’s literally half the first team who at one point or another had or would soon be considered the cream of the crop, league-wide.

Yet afterwards, when they were played off the park by an obscenely vulnerable and adversity-addled opponent, the coach always gets to hide behind the annual “ahhh he did well to fling such a useless bag of sh¡t so far in the first place” excuse (pictured).

Goodness me.

You_Doodle+_2023-04-01T00_30_20Z.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Ken Hinkley - A Kim Beazley coach, a Dr Seuss game plan and BEREFT of ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back