Redgum

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
According to Channel 7 ,Freo are very interested. Was showing film of him kicking a wet ball effortlessly 70 metres ,every kick. The think that sucks was that when asked which team he followed and he said Essendon and then if he had a choice to be home close to home & mum's cooking playing for Freo or Essendon. He would still want to play for Essendon, under his childhood idol ,Hirdy.

Well then he's an idiot because he's blind to being able to play alongside the purported modern day hird in fyfe. Still, he looks to be a good get.

According to Channel 7 ,Freo are very interested. Was showing film of him kicking a wet ball effortlessly 70 metres ,every kick. The think that sucks was that when asked which team he followed and he said Essendon and then if he had a choice to be home close to home & mum's cooking playing for Freo or Essendon. He would still want to play for Essendon, under his childhood idol ,Hirdy.

Is there a video or article on this? I ask because I live in Melbourne and only vic teams get talked about over here. :mad:

Not everyone likes hearing the truth but draft him anyway i say if he is best available. He is young and after 2 years with a team full of decent, talented teammates that are around his age......he will want to sign up for a second dig. A lot can happen in 2 years.

If he's gone by 16, someone will have slipped.

Patton, Coniglio, Tyson, Hoskin-Elliot, Wingard, Buntine, Longer, Tomlinson, Kavanagh, Sumner, Crozier, Ellis, Adams, Greene, Haynes.

Would be happy to have any of those 15 on the list. Probably would only be dissapointed in getting Longer, which i can't see happening with GWS and Brisbane having so many picks ahead of us.

A lot of the aforementioned players are smalls or flankers with only Patton and Tomlinson being KPPs. I would not be at all surprised if Fremantle went small with all their selections. We've been screaming for KPP for several years and everytime we've gone small. Probably happen again, especially with this draft where the talls are a bit thin and Dawson lined up for the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need at least one tall preferably a forward

If it was a 50/50 bet, i'd bet against us taking a key position player with our first 2 picks. We've got form. We've also got a KPP waiting in the wings similar to last year.

Kersten's redeeming feature is he manages to crumb quite a few goals. Might end up a decent 3rd tall ala Menzel. I'm not privvy to draft combine results. If he tested well athletically i would nab him early. Otherwise i'd prefer the more talented smaller players.

Today's KPP are monsters and are only getting bigger.

Today's KPP are monsters and are only getting bigger.

which is why pav should stay forward as like travis cloke, they are man mountains almost impossible to match up against. pav's marking seemed to go backwards in 2011, though. actually, our most of our forwards seemed to suck at it. the stickier hands we can get there the better.

Interesting situation- local lad wants to move out of the state. He was interviewed on Facebook apparently and when asked where he wanted to go he said anywhere in melbourne and to get out of perth.

Interesting to see if recruiters look at social media to get a sense of the player- bit like employers looking to hire would do the same in their due diligence.

Just pick him i reckon- it will be the equivalent to picking an inter-state bloke and backing yourself in to keep him at the end of 2 years.

No source. Just my strong, yet completely uneducated opinion. That's how BF works doesn't it? :D

Anyway, my post stands. I believe he'll be long gone before out pick.

ha-at least your honest :thumbsu:

what about Fraser McInnis - 197cm KPF from WA, any chance we can get him at 16?

I reckon GWS will take a punt on drafting Manson at 13 or 14, so that takes them out of the kersten game.

Brissy hold the aces when it comes to us drafting kersten.

I just can't see an undersized key- forward (kersten) going at pick 12.
Darling slipped last year because of being undersized & also being naughty.

So kersten will be picked up by us at 20, bookmark it.:D

ha-at least your honest :thumbsu:

what about Fraser McInnis - 197cm KPF from WA, any chance we can get him at 16?

Apparently he's a good chance of being available at 29 so no need to pull the trigger that early one would think. If we're keen and get the feeling that he'll get picked up just before 29 then we might take him at 20 but I feel that there'll be better quality available at 16.

Interesting situation- local lad wants to move out of the state. He was interviewed on Facebook apparently and when asked where he wanted to go he said anywhere in melbourne and to get out of perth.

Interesting to see if recruiters look at social media to get a sense of the player- bit like employers looking to hire would do the same in their due diligence.

Just pick him i reckon- it will be the equivalent to picking an inter-state bloke and backing yourself in to keep him at the end of 2 years.

How do you get interviewed on Facebook??:confused:

He made some pretty average comments to his mates that I am sure that he now regrets being in the public domain.

Made him sound like an arrogant twat. But, on reflection, kids these days, with the availability of social networks, don't have to try very hard to make arsehats of themselves.

Needless to say, he should have known better.

Lachy, you seem to rate him highly. Is he a one trick pony, stay at home full forward that some are touting, or does he have the capacity to play as a real CHF?

I ask this as I believe that at this stage of Pav's career, he is better suited to the goalsquare than a roaming CHF role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kersten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back