Kersten

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon GWS will take a punt on drafting Manson at 13 or 14, so that takes them out of the kersten game.

Brissy hold the aces when it comes to us drafting kersten.

I just can't see an undersized key- forward (kersten) going at pick 12.
Darling slipped last year because of being undersized & also being naughty.

So kersten will be picked up by us at 20, bookmark it.:D

That would be a massive mistake on their behalf.

If guys like Tunbridge and the lad from SA could not settle there then there is no way that an aboriginal lad from the boondocks of the Kimberley could be happy there.

Of all AFL clubs, GWS would be the worst option for Manson.

How do you get interviewed on Facebook??:confused:

He made some pretty average comments to his mates that I am sure that he now regrets being in the public domain.

Made him sound like an arrogant twat. But, on reflection, kids these days, with the availability of social networks, don't have to try very hard to make arsehats of themselves.

Probably should have clarified - dialogue from the interview was posted on FB. By the sounds of it, the comments he made to his mates that you are referring to are the same ones that im talking about

Actually wondered if he was saying it to deter Freo from picking him up. Considering he said it just after there was a news article in the paper about freo being interested in him. Sounds like he has 'ants in his pants' and wants to go somewhere new.

If he's gone by 16, someone will have slipped.

Patton, Coniglio, Tyson, Hoskin-Elliot, Wingard, Buntine, Longer, Tomlinson, Kavanagh, Sumner, Crozier, Ellis, Adams, Greene, Haynes.

Would be happy to have any of those 15 on the list. Probably would only be dissapointed in getting Longer, which i can't see happening with GWS and Brisbane having so many picks ahead of us.

A lot of the aforementioned players are smalls or flankers with only Patton and Tomlinson being KPPs. I would not be at all surprised if Fremantle went small with all their selections. We've been screaming for KPP for several years and everytime we've gone small. Probably happen again, especially with this draft where the talls are a bit thin and Dawson lined up for the PSD.

Obviously none of the top 7 are going to slide. But we may be able to choose best available mid from the rest, I feel this is most likely. Kavanaugh, Adams maybe.
Certainly not Longer, he's a ruckman and I'm pretty sure we are set in that department (with all due respect of course)

If guys like Tunbridge and the lad from SA could not settle there then there is no way that an aboriginal lad from the boondocks of the Kimberley could be happy there.

Just cause one kid cries on the first day of school doesn't mean they all will.

Tunbridge is too homesick to even train in Perth and from reading some of the stories coming out of GWS Harding was just a useless footballer.

Not sure you can read too much into either.

Probably should have clarified - dialogue from the interview was posted on FB. By the sounds of it, the comments he made to his mates that you are referring to are the same ones that im talking about

What interview??

As far as I know, it was just him commenting to his mates on FB and it got picked up here.

Just cause one kid cries on the first day of school doesn't mean they all will.

He had to be coaxed to come and play for Claremont FFS.

And now he is in a culture of Darwin football that is far more similar to his home than GWS will ever be. And a hell of a lot closer to his home.

Have you ever been to Bililluna?

Yes, I am generalising. However, this is a young, naive kid, from the middle of nowhere with stars in his eyes and a lot of people in his ears.

I wish him well, I really do, but if he ends up at GWS, the reality will hit home very, very quickly.

Tunbridge is too homesick to even train in Perth and from reading some of the stories coming out of GWS Harding was just a useless footballer.

Not sure you can read too much into either.

Tunbridge can train where he wants. Especially if he has been given a heads up from us or the slime. He NEVER wanted to go to Sydney.

Please show me the legitimate stories which state that Harding was a useless footballer.

Not sold on Kersten. Looks slow and not very agile.

I'd also rather we take best available with picks 16 and 20. I don't think one of them will be a KPF.

Not sold on Kersten. Looks slow and not very agile.

I'd also rather we take best available with picks 16 and 20. I don't think one of them will be a KPF.

Slow is something Kersten is not with a 20m time of 2.88 seconds last year, and 2.98 of poor fitness this year. Didnt look slow in the WAFL either. Height and attitude will be more of an issue.

How do you get interviewed on Facebook??:confused:

He made some pretty average comments to his mates that I am sure that he now regrets being in the public domain.

Made him sound like an arrogant twat. But, on reflection, kids these days, with the availability of social networks, don't have to try very hard to make arsehats of themselves.

Needless to say, he should have known better.

Lachy, you seem to rate him highly. Is he a one trick pony, stay at home full forward that some are touting, or does he have the capacity to play as a real CHF?

I ask this as I believe that at this stage of Pav's career, he is better suited to the goalsquare than a roaming CHF role.

He's more or less a one trick pony, but a good one at that. He might get only 7-8 possies but kick 2-4 goals.

What interview??

As far as I know, it was just him commenting to his mates on FB and it got picked up here.

He had to be coaxed to come and play for Claremont FFS.

And now he is in a culture of Darwin football that is far more similar to his home than GWS will ever be. And a hell of a lot closer to his home.

Have you ever been to Bililluna?

Yes, I am generalising. However, this is a young, naive kid, from the middle of nowhere with stars in his eyes and a lot of people in his ears.

I wish him well, I really do, but if he ends up at GWS, the reality will hit home very, very quickly.

Tunbridge can train where he wants. Especially if he has been given a heads up from us or the slime. He NEVER wanted to go to Sydney.

Please show me the legitimate stories which state that Harding was a useless footballer.

That's not true. He accepted their offer to join them and said that he was very happy. There are recent draftees who rejected the offer to join both the Suns or GWS. It was his choice. Probably goes to show that he wasn't impressed when he got there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Every day it gets closer is going to be a bit more nerve-racking . . . I'm just hoping I get picked up by anyone, but I suppose it'd be good to stay home."

Kersten's latest attitude towards getting drafted by Fremantle

He's entitled to train where he wants yes, but it's unusual for anyone in search of a new club, let alone one in their home state, to turn down an invitation by one of them. Not drawing any conclusions by any means, but it's curious behaviour from someone that couldn't handle it in Sydney for a year yet still wants an AFL career.

Just have a read of some of the comments from GWS fans on this site. Once again, i'm not drawing firm conclusions from that. Just making the point that you can't either.

Personally I could not give a sh** at what kersten wrote on FB.
Kersten's pro's :thumping kick, sticky hands, quick over 20 mts, 92 kgs already
Cons : 191cm & lacks tackling & chasing desire ( can & will be rectified )

I think the majority of us will be happy if we get him at 16 & at 20 ,creaming ourselves.

Yes, it is true.

100% true.

Prove it! Are you saying he was forced to move to GWS and play for them? If he wanted he could have said no and nominated for this draft. Although obviously then he still may of been drafted by them but may also of been drafted elsewhere.

I would be interested to see evidence to the contrary but I found this but it isn't exactly clear cut.

“I’m still in shock. After going to draft camp in October and getting through the testing it made me realize just how much I wanted this,” said Tunbridge.

“I remember sitting in the change rooms at Blacktown Olympic Park for the Under 16’s in 2009 and the GWS coaches telling us about the under 17 selections, to be honest I never believed that would be me.

“I know it’s going to be a big change and I don’t really know any of the boys other than Gerald and Nathan, but it’s just such an exciting time. I’m off to Dongara this weekend to say goodbye to my Grandparents and then it’s off to Blacktown.”

We need at least one tall preferably a forward

yes Lach and is a priority I hope we can get him but like many I think he will be gone by 16. I have watched very closely Paine and I believe he will be a very good player and we ought to grab him if we can if we cant get Kersten - maybe Paine at 20. I c snoops rates him highly too after seeing him come up through the u16's .

Well I'm definitely firming on Kersten. Just don't think he's going to be there at our pick from all the draft rumblings. Mind you I didn't think Aaron Black would be there in 09 and was stunned when we passed on him for some kiddie named Fyfe. Can't really complain about that draft!

Prove it! Are you saying he was forced to move to GWS and play for them? If he wanted he could have said no and nominated for this draft. Although obviously then he still may of been drafted by them but may also of been drafted elsewhere.

I would be interested to see evidence to the contrary but I found this but it isn't exactly clear cut.

Isn't it interesting how differering points of view can be transferred to different threads!

Prove it?

The choice was his. No doubt.

But he was dubious from the outset. You have no idea how much pressure that this kid, and his family, were under.

There is a certain amount of prestige by being drafted in the way that he was. Something that anyone would consider seriously at the beginning of their career.

He couldn't cope with where he was living and the distance between himself and his family.

It is as simple as that.

Isn't it interesting how differering points of view can be transferred to different threads!

Prove it?

The choice was his. No doubt.

But he was dubious from the outset. You have no idea how much pressure that this kid, and his family, were under.

There is a certain amount of prestige by being drafted in the way that he was. Something that anyone would consider seriously at the beginning of their career.

He couldn't cope with where he was living and the distance between himself and his family.

It is as simple as that.

the fact that he made the coice to leave for GWS proves that he had come around to the idea of being at the GWS team. he said yes, so therefore he was happy to go, but he must have got a nasty shock when he got there... probably feeling something similar to the way rhys palmer is feeling right now ;):D

Remove this Banner Ad

Kersten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back