Key Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Why dont we trade with St Kilda for Nick Riewoldt ? He has little value to them anymore and he could get that elusive premiership with us. We could give them a young mid or Zac Clarke.

Why dont we trade with St Kilda for Nick Riewoldt ? He has little value to them anymore and he could get that elusive premiership with us. We could give them a young mid or Zac Clarke.

Zarke is not on the table. Sandi has at most 2 years left, Griff maybe 4 and that all depends how good he comes back after reco. Moller won't come good for at least 2 years if that. Jack is more ready made but needs a year more of development to be able to play at AFL level, plus I think they may try to develop him as a KPP.

As for our mids, I cannot think of whom among our crop would be enough to get St Nick across, not anyone we would want to give up, anyway.

I'd prefer Riewoldt over JPod and Gumby, so I don't think it's a stupid suggestion at all - the suggestion of Jon Brown is pure sarcastic smart-arsery. Rielwoldt on the other hand is coming off an outstanding year where he could have (maybe should have) made AA. The Saints are rebuilding from scratch and Riewoldt is nowhere near their next foray upwards - he may as well try for a premiership with a team whose window is wide open and whose #1 need is someone exactly like him. Makes sense, but the Saints have already said no deal.

I'd prefer Riewoldt over JPod and Gumby, so I don't think it's a stupid suggestion at all - the suggestion of Jon Brown is pure sarcastic smart-arsery. Rielwoldt on the other hand is coming off an outstanding year where he could have (maybe should have) made AA. The Saints are rebuilding from scratch and Riewoldt is nowhere near their next foray upwards - he may as well try for a premiership with a team whose window is wide open and whose #1 need is someone exactly like him. Makes sense, but the Saints have already said no deal.

I sincerely hope bond is getting them to reconsider i.e. pick 17 and suban and maybe something else??? Only putting suban here because he was a saints fan (I believe) and would possibly agree to this trade.

Cameron Giles would be a good pick at No17 if we are looking for an Elvis replacement and or McCarthy with next pick IMHO .
We have already some good talls ready to play once Kepls and Griff recover from their knee opps
During the preseason we should be putting Hanath , Clarke , Griffith ,Tabberner and Kep's though a thourough training schedule to see who is going into the forward line to provide a second tall to help Pav .
My suggestion is that Mayne takes over Debours roll and one of the above mentioned take over at CHF.
Debour can then play a HFF \midfielder .
His preseason should be to concentrate on becoming the back up tagger for Crowley

Cameron Giles would be a good pick at No17 if we are looking for an Elvis replacement and or McCarthy with next pick IMHO .
We have already some good talls ready to play once Kepls and Griff recover from their knee opps
During the preseason we should be putting Hanath , Clarke , Griffith ,Tabberner and Kep's though a thourough training schedule to see who is going into the forward line to provide a second tall to help Pav .
My suggestion is that Mayne takes over Debours roll and one of the above mentioned take over at CHF.
Debour can then play a HFF \midfielder .
His preseason should be to concentrate on becoming the back up tagger for Crowley

I agree. I think this is the only way Matt stays in contention for a game with the addition of Sylvia and the return of Morabito.
Bond and Lyon are definitely building a deep pool.
I think we are also going to get Yeo from Brisbane.

I agree. I think this is the only way Matt stays in contention for a game with the addition of Sylvia and the return of Morabito.
Bond and Lyon are definitely building a deep pool.
I think we are also going to get Yeo from Brisbane.
I think as much as I love how Matt plays the game he really didn't improve this year other than his set shots on goal .
For him to stay in the best 22 RTB will need to thrown down the baton and he will need to pick it up and go with it or it will be a very long season in WAFL for him.
Yeo,s possible roll in the team is very well covered with Clancee, Ibbo ,Duffield and Spurr .
Hill , Mzungu on occasion go there as well do we really need him or is it just to stop West coast from getting him and making their recovery even longer :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think as much as I love how Matt plays the game he really didn't improve this year other than his set shots on goal .
For him to stay in the best 22 RTB will need to thrown down the baton and he will need to pick it up and go with it or it will be a very long season in WAFL for him.
:D
If there's any possibility of this occurring, I wonder how he'd currently go as trade bait.

This would be like us trying to rebuild this year if we sucked and suggesting we trade out our veteran captain, Pav. Teams rebuild, but they don't put their 30+y/o captain on the trade table.

If there's any possibility of this occurring, I wonder how he'd currently go as trade bait.
Wouldn't be an attractive option tbh. He plays well as a team player and tagging the half back flanker but other teams won't want to give up much for a player they already have somewhere on their list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Key Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back