King Suspended 2 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake King has been suspended for 2 weeks as a result of 2 different incidents from last weekends game against the Box Hill Hawks. He copped a week for tripping as well as charging.

Here is a bloke 26 years old that is surely on his last chance at AFL level and yet is so lacking discipline it's not funny. Four years on the list and he is just earning the rep of a VFL player and a thug. You would hope that he is far away from the new cubs as we certainly don't want his undisciplined attitude to infect any others.

I like a player who has a go and has some aggression but King seems to have no idea how to control it. Is he dumb or what?

Aggression is great but he needs to know how to use it properly.
Plus with the way he was kicking to Cousins at training today, he wasn't pushing for a spot.

was pretty stiff on the tripping charge, players usually given benefit of doubt on those...he's certainly used up all his credits, shame for him, he would have come in this week
I would suggest he was stiff on the charging charge also. Assume this was the hit on Jarryd Morton. Not unlike Harbrow on Lewis a few weeks ago. Sickening collision but King was just making a hard spoil for a 50/50 ball. Anyway as long as he's fit and available for selection against the Pies in Rd 17. Might be his "retirement" game :D

Here is a bloke 26 years old that is surely on his last chance at AFL level and yet is so lacking discipline it's not funny. Four years on the list and he is just earning the rep of a VFL player and a thug. You would hope that he is far away from the new cubs as we certainly don't want his undisciplined attitude to infect any others.

I like a player who has a go and has some aggression but King seems to have no idea how to control it. Is he dumb or what?

The tripping was extreme unlucky and the collision with morton was just 2 blokes going hard at the ball. if king had of pulled up thinking i might get suspended then he gets branded as a coward or he gets hurt. Was far from undisciplined, just unfortunate.

The tripping was extreme unlucky and the collision with morton was just 2 blokes going hard at the ball. if king had of pulled up thinking i might get suspended then he gets branded as a coward or he gets hurt. Was far from undisciplined, just unfortunate.

Unlucky or not he needs to be smarter. I haven't seen the incidents so I can't comment on the particulars but this guy's rap sheet is growing and growing. Was the Cloke incident unlucky? Time to stop making excuses for this bloke.

Unlucky or not he needs to be smarter. I haven't seen the incidents so I can't comment on the particulars but this guy's rap sheet is growing and growing. Was the Cloke incident unlucky? Time to stop making excuses for this bloke.

What excuses, each incident is judged on its merit and is in this instance he was unlucky other times he has been a tool. If you havent seen the incident then i really dont know how you can say im making excuses for him.

However i do agree that he has to change the way he plays his football, that may result in a regular senior player or being sent packing to local football at the end of the year, which is what i suspect will happen anyway.

What shits me is that this bloke thinks he's a coach and mentor on the field yet he can't manage to stay on the park himself.

Delist. Hack. :mad::thumbsdown:

I agree. I used to be a fan of his and McGuanes hardness but last year and this year is just embarrassing for the both of them. They are just undisciplined w***ers that break their team mates hearts when they do someting stupid .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

King Suspended 2 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back