Kingswood Country

Remove this Banner Ad

footyfreak said:
Now showing on Fox classics!!!!! 4:30 pm AEST weekdays.

Bloody brilliant show before PC ruined everything!!!!

Leave the money on the fridge and don't you dare think about stealing Neville, the concrete aboriginal!!!!

Loving it. same goes for Hey Dad!

The first few seasons of this show were brilliant, in the end it went down hill a bit when Thel left, and didn't he sell the Kingswood?

Kahuna said:
I just watched it yesterday for the first time and it is great, Especially "Bullpit no Bullpit" and "Damn Wogs" definately going to watch from now on.
It was "bloody wog!" and then there was "money on the fridge wog!", as well as a heap of other wog jokes :p
I loved the episode where he had a doctors appointment with a woman doctor (Cornelia Frances - Morag Bellingham & host of the Weakest Link) and the banter between the two was hilarious :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad-clare said:
The first few seasons of this show were brilliant, in the end it went down hill a bit when Thel left, and didn't he sell the Kingswood?

Yeah, he eventually bought a Commodore.

Favourite scene involves an argument between Ted and Bruno in the lounge room. Ted has been giving him stick about being a 'wog.' Again...

Bruno: For the last time, Ted - I was born in Australia!
Ted: Where?
Bruno: Wagga.
Ted: That'd be bloody right!

:D

Change a few words here and there (like 'kingswood' for 'ss') and on occassion it could be this household.

The other half was very confused the other day when I replied "on the table Ted" after he walked in the door and said "geez if that bloody cat leaves pawprints on the ss one more time it's going to the dog food factory. Where's that bloody paper gone woman?"

There's more than a little 'kingswood country' today in Aussie families, you just don't hear of it that often.

hahaha i have the box set.

"Don't touch the grog wog"

Does anyone remember a show about wogs around the same time about an italian migrant who drove taxis? I can't remember the name but it was on the abc. I used to love it.

Diego said:
Does anyone remember a show about wogs around the same time about an italian migrant who drove taxis? I can't remember the name but it was on the abc. I used to love it.
If his missus was Maria, then I think the show was called "Home Sweet Home".

I would love to find a collection of reasons why Ted wouldn't let someone take the Kingswood. The only one that really sticks in my mind was that he had just polished the fan belt, but there must be 100s of others.

TimN said:

I thought it was "home sweet home" and yeah Maria was his wife and they used to drive an old dato 200B. I remember it clearly as that was the family car around the time.

TimN said:

That was funny for a bit. I'm about 99% sure the actor who played him is named John Bluthal and i think he also played the old prissy guy with the moustache in The Vicar of Dibley - Frank is the character i think??? I've seen him pop up in a few pommie shows now and then.

TimN said:

I would love to find a collection of reasons why Ted wouldn't let someone take the Kingswood. The only one that really sticks in my mind was that he had just polished the fan belt, but there must be 100s of others.
Polished the toe-bar ball.
Shampooed the mudflaps........

What about when Bruno's Dad makes an appearance every now and then...

"The Fiat? You're not taking the Fiat! The Pope just blessed the bumper bar!"

Loved 'Grumble-bum's' rants about those "spotty, Mick Damian Catholics at St.Joseph's."

Think it was St. Joseph's?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingswood Country

Remove this Banner Ad

Back