Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2019 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey KM, just wondering who you think the swans might take with their first couple of picks, who are we likely to go for with pick 5 ? I really hope we dont take Luke Jackson with it, we need to get the best available contested mid imo, Green would be ideal but unless we swap picks and jump up the draft order then im guessing that wont happen. In the off chance that jackson is still there with our 2nd round pick then id be happy but certaintly not our first pick.

Have you heard any whispers on who we are into at all? Cheers mate.

After your opinion on a few of the guys I like for the dogs pick in the 50s.
Brock Smith
Josh morris
Jai Jackson
Ned cahill

Brock Smith is a top 25-30 talent in this draft. If he's still around in the 50s then every list manager should have lost their job twice over.

Yup just seen it. Asked Cal to clarify. Because I’m 100% certain that was not allowed last year when they brought in live trading.

The Eagles and Swans did it after getting AFL approval and then that loop hole was closed.

So its interesting to hear that clubs can still trade picks after an NGA or FS is bid on.

My understanding is clubs can do this pre draft night or before any bids come in but not after one of their kids has been bid on.

The Eagles and Swans did it after getting AFL approval and then that loop hole was closed.

So its interesting to hear that clubs can still trade picks after an NGA or FS is bid on.

My understanding is clubs can do this pre draft night or before any bids come in but not after one of their kids has been bid on.

Clubs can trade picks after an NGA bid BUT not their next pick.
Eg. Crows bid on Greene at 4. GWS’s next pick (currently pick 6) can’t be traded but other picks can be.

Kelly and Hill were both under contract not out of contract.

Martin asked for a trade two years in a row and it didn't happen two years in a row.

If Martin was redrafted by Gold Coast sure he may play a few games and do well but I would be my left nut come the second half of the year 'the clue would be in the rack' and he wouldnt risk injury.

Has any side redrafted a player in the PSD that has asked to be traded two years in a row?

AFLPA would not be impressed with that. The player requested twice to be traded but the club refused the first time and failed to the 2nd time.

Why should the player suffer?
He should suffer because he nominated just one club. If you want to get out of Gold Coast and to Melbourne, give GC the flexibility to deal with more than just one club. Suffer the PSD now, players have too much power, clubs too little.

Clubs can trade picks after an NGA bid BUT not their next pick.
Eg. Crows bid on Greene at 4. GWS’s next pick (currently pick 6) can’t be traded but other picks can be.

Right, so that's what was changed.

That makes total sense and a good call from the AFL.

You lose you next best pick if you match but can still use later picks to then trade back up into the earlier rounds using remaining picks this year and next.

Good change.

He should suffer because he nominated just one club. If you want to get out of Gold Coast and to Melbourne, give GC the flexibility to deal with more than just one club. Suffer the PSD now, players have too much power, clubs too little.

Totally disagree.

Martin has done his time at Gold Coast and the club has failed him and dozens of other players over the last seven odd years. The club traded others to clubs of their choice but decided to make a stand of some sort with Martin who requested a trade two years running.

But you feel he should suffer because he chose his next employer. He's suffered for year already playing for a club that couldn't get itself in order.

Again, if you want to debate Martin happy to do so in the Martin thread.

After your opinion on a few of the guys I like for the dogs pick in the 50s.
Brock Smith
Josh morris
Jai Jackson
Ned cahill

All could be there and are suitable in that rough range without any of them being players I'd get excited about choosing from, though the draft after around pick 30 really drops away completely and flattens out and from there comes down to personal preference.

Smith is a solid defence. Can intercept, beat his direct opponent. A solid citizen possible component for a team.

Morris is a good mark and good athlete with his speed and leap. Hits the scoreboard.

Jackson is a capable ball winner and good in close and in traffic.

Cahill forward with quickness - speed/agility/evasion and some composure and can hit the scoreboard.

Hey KM, just wondering who you think the swans might take with their first couple of picks, who are we likely to go for with pick 5 ? I really hope we dont take Luke Jackson with it, we need to get the best available contested mid imo, Green would be ideal but unless we swap picks and jump up the draft order then im guessing that wont happen. In the off chance that jackson is still there with our 2nd round pick then id be happy but certaintly not our first pick.

Have you heard any whispers on who we are into at all? Cheers mate.

A lot of clubs like Jackson early and I wouldn't be shocked if he goes before Sydney's first pick, he's a certain first round pick and is almost certain to go top-10 it's feeling like. Jackson be a consideration if there at 5 but I suspect others will be prioritised given the club's needs. Flanders if there is my educated guess at this stage.

Brock Smith is a top 25-30 talent in this draft. If he's still around in the 50s then every list manager should have lost their job twice over.

I don't have Brock Smith inside my top 30. I'm not sure I've spoken to anyone at this stage who does, though in fairness he isn't one who comes up all that much. I've liked his play these past two seasons but he's more someone suitable for selection around pick 50, more-so than pick 30 at this stage. Has role player potential as someone who intercepts and holds his position.

No they didn’t.

Swans traded out their pick BEFORE a bid was made on Nick Blakey. Then used later picks to pay once a bid was made.

The traded back in the Eagles pick a couple of picks AFTER they had already drafted Blakey.

Both Kelly and Hill were contracted. Hill still was. Martin OoC.
If he is in the draft then he is available to be contracted by any club after Carlton failed to secure a trade. That's how the AFL works, and he has every right to be miffed at Carlton mucking him around like that when he could have been in discussions with a club serious about getting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right, so that's what was changed.

That makes total sense and a good call from the AFL.

You lose you next best pick if you match but can still use later picks to then trade back up into the earlier rounds using remaining picks this year and next.

Good change.
That does not sound correct.

Once a team has bid on a player, say Adelaide bids on Tom Green at pick 4.

GWS is not allowed to trade any picks until after they match the bid. So pick 6 gets used and 50 points comes off pick 40, sliding it back to pick 44.

After that GWS match the bid, pick 4 is done.

Then GWS can look to make a pick trade further in to the draft.

That does not sound correct.

Once a team has bid on a player, say Adelaide bids on Tom Green at pick 4.

GWS is not allowed to trade any picks until after they match the bid. So pick 6 gets used and 50 points comes off pick 40, sliding it back to pick 44.

After that GWS match the bid, pick 4 is done.

Then GWS can look to make a pick trade further in to the draft.
According to a article just posted on all.com.au they can trade any picks
The example given was if a bid came before 10 for Henry, then they can trade out 10 for 2 picks in the teens

There are so many players rated in the top 30 that I would pick Smith ahead of. A lot of us Dogs fans have been comparing him to Dale Morris, which is huge raps from our perspective. Would be ecstatic if he lasted to our pick in the 50s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back