Injury Knights & Tuck - LTI

Remove this Banner Ad

This is terrible news! We have lost two good players in Chris Knights and Shane Tuck. Hopefully they both have good recoveries and the boys get around them. This is where our depth really comes into play. Players like Helbig, Arnot and Dea should all play more this year. Lonergan should be promoted off the rookie list and have an impact in the midfield.

With the loss of these two players our depth will be tested.

...but I'm not getting the sudden love for Lonergan. Yes he's a mature body capable of playing inside but what has he done so far at Coburg this season?

With the loss of these two players our depth will be tested.

...but I'm not getting the sudden love for Lonergan. Yes he's a mature body capable of playing inside but what has he done so far at Coburg this season?

Agreed. Cotchin coming back will cover for Tuck well enough, but we haven't exactly had an attacking outside mid starring for Coburg that I recall (Indeed, O'Hanlon is the only option I can think of, and he's both injured and was only OK).

I daresay Nahas is back for the year now, or perhaps they might move Newman further forward.

lonergan Helbig Dea Arnott Conca Chimp Grimes Griff Vickery,

that's a lot of players to choose from, hope they are all fit and ready to go versus the bombers.

Ouch... two big losses. Poor knights can't catch a break with injuries. And Tucky... shows how tough he is, but hopefully being put back on the ground didn't worsen the injury, especially seeing we had the game won. Hopefully he is back asap.

If helbig is fit would love to see him get an extended run as an inside mid, none of this back pocket shit. If not think its time matty arnot got his chance to take tucky's place.

As for knights, shocking luck. Really undervalued player as well, could pinch hit in the middle while also capable of kicking a great goal up forward. Was just starting to get back into some good form as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty large injury list we have at the moment:
Knights - Season
Tuck - 6-8 week
O'Hanlon - 4-6 weeks
Conca - 3-5 weeks
Petterd - 2 weeks
Grimes - 2 weeks
Cotchin - Test
Vickery - Test
Helbig - Test

I think Helbig probably needs another week to ensure his hamstring is right and I would give Cotchin more rest so he is 100% for dreamtime. Leaving us with Dea, White, Arnot and Lonergan as the only small to medium replacements we have at the moment. That said we did play 1 tall defender short against Port Adelaide is you classify Batchelor as Petterds replacement not Grimes.

This week I'd consider resting Maric if Vickery is fit because there is no way I'd drop Stephenson after his impressive debut for us. I'd bring in Arnot for a debut for tuck. I'd then either bring in Astbury or Dea depending on Melbourne's forward line selection. Astbury or Griffiths might be required if Melbourne play Howe (Rance), Dawes (Chaplin) and Gawn (Astbury or Griffiths). Batchelor can then play 3rd man up or switch with Rance.

Tucky is almost a caricature of himself... running around with his arm dangling uselessly and still giving 100%. Love his commitment while simultaneously questioning what the hell he is thinking.

Also, I'm going to get abused for this, but I don't think Cotchin can replace what Tuck brings to the side. All credit to Cotchin, who is a gun, but they just contribute different and equally valuable things. Tuck is an absolute pillar at clearances/contests in a way that Cotchin just doesn't have the body/mentality to provide. Tuck can't burst through packs and has none of the tricks Cotchin has, but we will miss his big body at contests as much as we currently miss Cotchin's class. This has proven to be true in the past with the great no-Tuck experiments of 2011, 2013, where we played a Cotchin-centric midfield to little effect.

looking at the possible replacements lonnners for tuck is the easy choice big body match hardened ect id like to see arrnott given a go since hes the annonited future tuck replacement.

Just one word when I heard the news about these guys. SH*T ! S*IT ! SHI* ! Will give others the opportunity now.

I'm eager to see how those given the chance will go :thumbsu:

Certainly puts our recruiting decisions in a very positive light again :thumbsu:

Pretty large injury list we have at the moment:
Knights - Season
Tuck - 6-8 week
O'Hanlon - 4-6 weeks
Conca - 3-5 weeks
Petterd - 2 weeks
Grimes - 2 weeks
Cotchin - Test
Vickery - Test
Helbig - Test

I remember reading a post on here on about Wednesday/Thursday saying that we've had the easiest run with injuries in the AFL this year. I wish I had've bookmarked it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Knights & Tuck - LTI

Remove this Banner Ad

Back