Injury Knights & Tuck - LTI

Remove this Banner Ad

I would absolutely love for Dimma to get Helbig into the office today and tell him something along the lines of "Brad, not every day does a spot open up for someone to get a couple of months to prove themselves, however this day has arrived for you".

Helbig is not a back pocket! He's a damn inside midfielder who is as tough as they come!

I hope he gets his shot! (If he's not injured)

Feel really bad for Knights. Has done well since returning to AFL footy after not getting opportunities with the crows

Was a really odd injury to watch though.. just looked like he slipped while kicking. Pretty unlucky

When he didnt get up it was obvious it was bad

Theres reports over here that some morons were abusing Knights after he went down. Thankfully the majority of people at the ground were sympathetic and clapped him off the ground

Hopefully he fully recovers and gets back into it

Good win on the weekend too guys. Far too good for us

Feel really bad for Knights. Has done well since returning to AFL footy after not getting opportunities with the crows

Was a really odd injury to watch though.. just looked like he slipped while kicking. Pretty unlucky

When he didnt get up it was obvious it was bad

Theres reports over here that some morons were abusing Knights after he went down. Thankfully the majority of people at the ground were sympathetic and clapped him off the ground

Hopefully he fully recovers and gets back into it

Good win on the weekend too guys. Far too good for us
From looking at it a bit more it looks like his toes get dug into the ground in the kick while the knee up keeps going in the step

From looking at it a bit more it looks like his toes get dug into the ground in the kick while the knee up keeps going in the step
i saw the replays on the big screen so havent seen it since... looked bad at first glance
amazing that he still managed to kick the goal

terribly unlucky injury

thing about Knights is i always liked him as a player at Adelaide and was hoping Port might snap him up. Fingers crossed he bounces back well from this as he was defintiely showing everyone he has the talent

gutted for Knights, loved him as a player when he was at the Crows, so I was really happy for us to pick him up as a free agent.

I know he copped a lot of bagging early on, but last few weeks he was showing exactly why we got him, and he was playing a role we really needed quite well.

Really disappointed for him, hope the rehab goes well and he's back kicking arse in 2014

Also, I'm going to get abused for this, but I don't think Cotchin can replace what Tuck brings to the side. All credit to Cotchin, who is a gun, but they just contribute different and equally valuable things. Tuck is an absolute pillar at clearances/contests in a way that Cotchin just doesn't have the body/mentality to provide. Tuck can't burst through packs and has none of the tricks Cotchin has, but we will miss his big body at contests as much as we currently miss Cotchin's class. This has proven to be true in the past with the great no-Tuck experiments of 2011, 2013, where we played a Cotchin-centric midfield to little effect.

Excellent post, Westicle, keep 'em coming. :thumbsu:

Out of Darkness will come sunshine

Tuck is a masssive out but these are the times we get to see if players like
Arnot , Helbig , Verrier , Lonergan can step upto the plate

Knights - Has shown he is quality but also that he does have a fragile body
O'Hanlon , McDonough , Williams , Edwards , White will have their chance to stay and be part of the Future of the richmond football club.

LETS SEE WHO HAS WHAT IT TAKES

Chris Knights has a torn patella tendon and is likely gone for the season, while Tuck has a fractured shoulder blade and is gone for 6-8.
I thought he had dislocated his patella as I had done it several times over the years and twice it didn't pop back into place like Knights. It hurts like hell until its back in place.
Obviously his was much worse with tearing the tendon.
One of my operations to realign the patella was to slice down the centre of the tendon and pull it back under reattaching it to the bone. The pain was almost unbearable.Knights must have been going through hell? Best of luck on his recovery.

Knights was one of my favourite opposition players when he was at Adelaide so I was super stoked when we got him across. Just seems like a humble, genuine dude with no false pretension. Clearly part of our best 22 and had been playing his best run of footy for a couple of years. Sad thing is, he was only just starting to get back into it. Absolutely gutted for him, and I reckon the team will be significantly worse off for the rest of the season.

Knights will be in his leg brace for another 12 weeks. He is not allowed to bend his leg what so ever.
He will even be moving out of his house while he recovers as he cannot get up the stairs. Hopefully I will catch up with him soon and ill pass on all the well wishes that I have seen on here.

Shattered for him, such a great guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess Foley is the direct replacement for Tuck.
A case of perfect timing that one, so to speak.
Ideally would love them both.
Not so concerned now after seeing the development of Conca, Ellis and Vlastuin.
Knights is a harder one to replace.
Have a feeling Newman may fill that role, with Dea given a chance in the side down back.

Lonergan was elevated earlier today I believe.

Good test to see just how much this depth helps us - we seem to have picked up a lot more injuries than I would have expected which is a bit concerning but hopefully we can handle the outs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Knights & Tuck - LTI

Remove this Banner Ad

Back