Known Bugs/Issues

Remove this Banner Ad

That's one thing I also found - I reckon some of the guernseys are quite hard to tell apart - even the clash guernseys don't quite do the job.

Maybe we could ask for retro 1970s uniforms where teams wore garish yellow, red or mustard coloured shorts. :)

Just out of interest - what views are everyone using - side, broadcast or end to end?

When kicking out the ball sometimes randomly goes out on the full even if I kick it straight down the middle.

Yeah I had this yesterday, but it happens when you are moving the left stick while kicking it out. It always goes out on the full.

Anyone else noticed that Daniel stewart and paul Stewart from port are mixed up :( in that Daniel Stewart's best possy is half back and Paul Stewart's is full forward I think. I found that pretty annoying since both would be in my starting 22 but when I put Paul Stewart to half back he is rated 51 or something so it isn't worth it :(. Could I edit this in footy factory or no?

This sucks. Trengove is also listed as ruckman, which is true, but he's positioned by default as a defender where he is ranked about 47. You can customise him and others so he can play both positions, as he should, but can then only play a custom season.

When kicking out the ball sometimes randomly goes out on the full even if I kick it straight down the middle.

Also need an option to pause an online game without the game continuing in the background, maybe have it like FIFA where you get 3 pauses a game and after you use those pauses you can't pause for the rest of the game, also we should be able to look at replays after goals online.
You're probably kicking too hard

I find playing as the roos, it can be difficult to tell the difference between some opposition teams because or away strip is wrong. The heritage jumper helps, but the away strip needs to be fixed. Also, the possibility to choose different short colours with different tops sould be a handy feature.

All playing strips were validated by the clubs. If there is an issue with a strip then perhaps that club didn't pay attention to detail. :)

3. When swapping a player in team management I think it would be easier to swap about when you list them by position rather than by highest ranking player for that position. Not sure if everyone agrees with this.

This is a major flaw of setting your lineup. It's so difficult to read and find players. Interchange players are impossible to find unless you go to the entire team list.

Previous games that had the positional lineup on-field GUI were 1000000 times better in terms of simplicity and ease of use.

I'm really enjoying the game.

Winning the tap and putting it on the boot quickly gets you the clearance and a good chance to open up the defence.

I just hope that the patch fixes the following:

1. Sprint speed to increase, so that you can break way and open up the play.
2. Less stoppages and less tackles sticking.
3. Be able to view all stats during a game.
4. Fix online features.

This is a major flaw of setting your lineup. It's so difficult to read and find players. Interchange players are impossible to find unless you go to the entire team list.

Previous games that had the positional lineup on-field GUI were 1000000 times better in terms of simplicity and ease of use.

Hey guys, so thought Id type up a detailed explanation of the Team Mangement screens since some seem to be hating this...but I can promise it's not as confusing as it seems, and granted it could probably vastly improve and any feedback and constructive ideas or suggestions on how you would like it to be displayed is always appreciated. - Reasons behind its current layout were to allow enough screen space for 2 players to adjust and change their teams at the same time locally.

Anyway, here's a breif explanation of how it works:

TEAM LINE-UP: Each position on the field is colour coded in groups of 3 and illustrated on the pitch diagram at top of screen:
Backs (Yellow),
Half Backs (Green),
Midfield (Blue),
Half Forwards (Orange),
Full Forwards (Pink)
RuckRovers/Ruckman/Followers (Purple)

As you scroll left and right the coloured tabs on the menu bar relate to the coloured "zonal" areas illustrated on the field.

There is also an "ALL" tab which is (Grey) to allow you to view the full list of players including the "Substitutes" and "Reserves".

Highlighting a player and selecting them at any point in time will bring up a "Player List Overlay" which lists ALL players that can play in the selected position based on the score rating from highest to lowest. - NOTE the highest rating that is displayed, may already be someone in another position on the field. If you want to use a player "not" currently in the team then look for the players with a (grey triangle - interchanges/sub) next to their name, or a player with no coloured triangle next to their name (reserves).

To view the player and the position on the opposing team that you are manned up against. for example Carlton v Sydney to view who C.Judd is manned up against do the following:

Select "Tagging Tactics" from Team Management
Scroll to Ruckman/RuckRovers/Followers tab (Purple)
Under C.Judd you will see "greyed" out, the name of the opponent in that position and their comparitive scores - in this instance J.McVeigh.

If you want to TAG him, highlight your selected player e.g. Judd and an overlay will ask if you wish to tag your opponents position. Selecting YES will then display a "Chain Link" showing that you have tagged your opponent.

Hope this clears up and helps a little in how to navigate through the Team Management listings.

ALSO at the bottom of each of highlighted option of the Team Management section, you will see a black box at the bottom with hints and instruction as to what each function does.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All in all I really enjoy the game. However:

I was playing Hawthorn vs Geelong Round 5 in Season Mode today and went to sub Hale off (who was in the Centre) for Shiels (Sub). This was fine but then I realised next centre bounce I only had 3 players in the middle...

Went to rectify the problem in the team line-up and it only showed LW and RW, no CTR. And as I naviagted to it again the game froze... Really annoying as this happened near the end of the third quarter.

So maybe only sub on players who are on the interchange because I have been doing this previously?

You would still be able to do it. You just can't invite each other to the match. You would have to do it by both accounts searching for a game and getting each other.

Yeah but you can't see who you are playing before a match either.

205219_10150162788848347_741733346_6850304_6829742_n.jpg

Ahh that pic doesnt show it, but my total games is like 29 or so, 12+8 does not equal 29 also my win spread is wrong :S Do forfiets not count as a win? Is this a known bug?

I'm not sure if anyone else has faced this bug. I was playing with Essendon last night and before the umpire bounced it up in the centre, I paused it and made some interchanges (one of them was Hille -> Ryder). When I resumed the game, Hille was standing in the centre circle (which is fine), during the bounce Hille didn't move and out of nowhere Ryder comes steaming off the line and wins the hitout.
It was pretty funny, I didn't know Ryder was that quick haha.

mentioned this in the Player ratings thread Ricky Henderson from the Crows rating of 46 is the lowest in the game, lower then even the 1st year rookie listed players, he's not the best player but surely 46 is ridiculously low? Same can also be said for Matthew Jaensch rated second lowest at 53, both in the Crows squad, haven't seen anything like this in any other teams squad

In round 16 at the mcg in season mode when you play kangas vs collingwood it freezes after the game and doesnt save ive tried it 4 different times and my mate had tried it twice on his xbox aswell and it freezes :confused:

Found a new bug. Happened twice now.

I've handpassed over the top to a man in the goalsquare, he has turned and kicked the goal, only for it to be a ball in from the boundary line. Major question mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Known Bugs/Issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back