Kntfl

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Limestone Coast league wants Naracoorte.
It’s a good time to get them with Millicent being a similar sized town dominating the league.
Could it ever happen ?
Agreed, I bet they'd love to get Naracoorte. Probably 5 - 10 years away although who knows. As of now, Naracoorte would get thumped worse than any MidSE team against those Mt Gambier teams, although that could all change if their players started to come back. They need to legitimize the Limestone Coast league somehow. I continue to believe they should be targeting Portland and/or Hamilton if there is ever any interest from that side of the border.

I think the Limestone Coast league wants Naracoorte.
It’s a good time to get them with Millicent being a similar sized town dominating the league.
Could it ever happen ?
Maybe in 20 years, Naracoorte sporting clubs travelling to the Mount don't
traditionally do so well but footy is different I suppose.

If Kyby or Naracoorte ever left then I suspect the club that stays in the KNTFL would benefit, getting kids to travel more to the Mount would be off putting

Wasn't the Mid SE on it's knees in the mid to late 80s? When they approached the WBFL to initiate talks of potential restructuring etc they were told to piss off n no uncertain terms as the WBFL was flying at the time.

That could have a lot to do with the solidarity being seen by the Mid SE now, they have long memories.

How does everyone rate Kybys chances to win their first senior premiership in 50 years? One of the longest streaks in country SA

Also who will they play? Keith or Mundulla? I've seen both sides play once this year and was more impressed with Keith although Mundulla have quality players as well

How does everyone rate Kybys chances to win their first senior premiership in 50 years? One of the longest streaks in country SA

Also who will they play? Keith or Mundulla? I've seen both sides play once this year and was

Also who will they play? Keith or Mundulla? I've seen both sides play once this year and was more impressed with Keith although Mundulla have quality players as well

Kyby deserve it (and I'm Naracoorte through and through :) ).

I'll stand corrected, but I think it IS the longest streak. If not, who is longer?

Where is the GF this year?

I'll stand corrected, but I think it IS the longest streak. If not, who is longer?
The longest streak without a flag in country SA is Eyre United based in Ungarra from the Great Flinders FL and they haven't won a flag since the club was formed in 1963.

The GF is in Bordertown, there will be a lot of pressure on Kyby. Remarkably I believe there's only one player, Jared Deep who didn't play juniors for Kyby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The longest streak without a flag in country SA is Eyre United based in Ungarra from the Great Flinders FL and they haven't won a flag since the club was formed in 1963.

The GF is in Bordertown, there will be a lot of pressure on Kyby. Remarkably I believe there's only one player, Jared Deep who didn't play juniors for Kyby
I'll stand corrected ... Maybe I was thinking about clubs that had won at least one and the time since then ... anyway, thanks for that. I better start barracking for Ungarra ;) although first thing will be to figure out where in the heck that place is!!!

I'll stand corrected ... Maybe I was thinking about clubs that had won at least one and the time since then ... anyway, thanks for that. I better start barracking for Ungarra ;) although first thing will be to figure out where in the heck that place is!!!
Do you know where Dingo Woop Woop is?

Ungarra is between Dingo and the first Woop. Can't miss it.

(In all seriousness, it's in the middle of the Eyre Peninsula, SA)

Eyre United go by Central Eyre United these days (Merger of Central Eyre and Wuddina United). Not sure when Wuddina's last flag was so could be an interesting combined total.

West Gambier broke their 39 year drought with an average player age of 20 and half years. Plenty of juniors and ex juniors involved but nothing like what Kyby has got going. It would be extraordinary if they could pull it off. West I think only played in 2 Grand finals early years during the drought.
Has Kyby been close before ?

It's weird cos Kyby are a pretty strong club as a whole but have lost a lot of senior GFs

KNFL: 1975, 1978, 1987
KNTFL: 2003, 2004, 2010, 2016
I remember '78 (that's how old I am :oops:) ... Peter Jones (sadly passed recently) was captain coach of Kyby and a teacher at the high school. Lin Fielke was captain coach of Naracoorte and he was a teacher at one of the primary schools. It was a good game at Edenhope which is not even a team/ground in the league anymore. I reckon one year (maybe '87) they had Stephen Copping who'd been at Essendon and Glenelg and was very handy. Not quite sure how he ended up there as he was a Lucindale boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kntfl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back