Kosi Pickett Gets 3 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

I just worry about how much abuse and booing he'll cop from Melbourne fans.

They are not a bunch of hypocrites so they will definitely boo Pickett for constantly bumping people in the head and cause concussions.

Learn the rules mate , there is no rule that says you cannot slide for the ball and players do it 100s of times a game . Bloody clueless.

It's pretty simple these days , he elected to bump and hit a player in the head. That's weeks even if it wasn't a sniper with form.
You can't slide into the legs in that situation. Which Moore did, it is reasonable for Pickett to not expect Moore to do it. Players have been told by the AFL and their clubs that they need to keep their feet and not takeout players below the knees by sliding in for the ball.

You can't slide into the legs in that situation. Which Moore did, it is reasonable for Pickett to not expect Moore to do it. Players have been told by the AFL and their clubs that they need to keep their feet and not takeout players below the knees by sliding in for the ball.
This!
Pickett should not be suspended, you’re allowed to bump. He didn’t aim for his head, it only happened because Moore was pathetic.
Keep your feet is a basic requirement.

Kosi is a sniper but this ban is ridiculous. They both had equal rights to the ball and Kosi couldn’t anticipate Moore would slide like that.

What Moore did is the bad action. Dangerous for both kosi and himself.

Pickett should have been suspended for his dangerous tunnel on Bergman a few weeks ago
Moore sliding doesn’t mitigate it
SPP & Rankine both got 4 games & mitigating factors carried no weight
A legal bump just got 5
Kosi is a protected species for some reason, he needs to pull his head in and play the ball. Forget the dirty stuff

Fairly straightforward. There is little room for argument here. 2 weeks would have been best result.

For, oh I don’t know, the last 5-6 years, the AFL has been CLEAR that if YOU choose to bump, the duty of care is on you. The onus is on you to not hit the opposition high or do it in a way that they’re so unsuspecting they can’t brace and so will cop whiplash.

What constitutes a bump though? A shoulder clash competing for a mark isn't and this is essentially the same but for a ground ball.

I just worry about how much abuse and booing he'll cop from Melbourne fans.

They are not a bunch of hypocrites so they will definitely boo Pickett for constantly bumping people in the head and cause concussions.
Pies fans trying to take the high ground on booing with their well storied history... yeah do better next time mate

Moore slide to pick up the ball lmao, Pickett didnt even go for the ball, are you okay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please show screen shot of Moore sliding into anyone's legs ?
Next you'll be telling me it's illegal to tackle in case you get someone high or it's illegal to bump in case you get someone high . You can slide until your hearts content , it's only a free when you actually take someone's legs out , not sure why that's so hard to understand.

Why are Melbourne appealing? Suspension didn’t match their “expected” weeks?

Because they should. Bumping isn’t illegal and doing it in this context is completely reasonable and a legitimate tactic. Bump them off their line, win the ball. It happens every game.

Pickett extremely unlucky Moore goes to ground. The fact it’s a suspension irks me.

Because they should. Bumping isn’t illegal and doing it in this context is completely reasonable and a legitimate tactic. Bump them off their line, win the ball. It happens every game.

Pickett extremely unlucky Moore goes to ground. The fact it’s a suspension irks me.
Oh please, Pickett is not unlucky, he is a sniper who takes every opportunity to try to injure his opponents.
He deliberately bumped a bloke in the head after ignoring the ball

Is Picketts long history of bumping guys in the head also bad luck out of interest? 🤡

Remove this Banner Ad

Kosi Pickett Gets 3 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back