Kournikova knocked out first round at Wimbledon

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest flaw in her game is her clothes. They obviously get in the way of her playing to her best. It's time for her to start playing naked. She can't do any worse!

Agree Jod.

She is a joke on the tennis circuit and it is time the dirty old men of the tennis fraternity stopped tacking her onto the end of every tournament just for the T&A factor.

I was up around midnight last night and saw her lose the first set and win the second then I turned it off, the girl who beat Kournikova deserved to win.

Anna Kournikova is an awful tennis player by proffesional standards, unless she improves, she should do something else.

She's a joke no doubt. Her on court demeanour during the last set was laughable and she doesn't have the mental toughness to ever win a tournament. The only thing she is good for is distracting some of the crowd away from quality matches. I watch tennis to see tennis players play the game at a high level, if I wanted a perv I'd be watching models.

That said, I do have to question the idea of her "needing wildcards" or "being tacked on the end of tournaments" though. IIRC, she is ranked in the mid 50s so she would easily qualify for the Grand Slam events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Bluey
you_idiot - a better doubles player than what??

She's a joke. Good for eye-candy and sweet FA else.

Bluey-- Anna's a better doubles player instead of at singles, fact. She's won a couple of majors in doubles competitions, such as this past year's Australian Open, for example.

I'll agree with the rest of what you're saying, though-- it seems as if she's satisfied with being nothing but a T&A drawing card that collects her appearance fee and goes out in the first round, and not wanting to work on her singles game for the sake of glory. It's sad, really; you'd think she'd have more professional pride than that. I know I would.

Cheers,
William

I was up late last night after it was played and Channel 9 showed an interview with her after her match. The interviewer was asking her questions to do with outside stuff like whether her commercials interview with her playing, if she's down on confidence, stuff like that. She got pretty ****ed off with him, wanted to talk about her game and looked like she was going to walk out on him.

Originally posted by Lethal
I was up late last night after it was played and Channel 9 showed an interview with her after her match. The interviewer was asking her questions to do with outside stuff like whether her commercials interview with her playing, if she's down on confidence, stuff like that. She got pretty ****ed off with him, wanted to talk about her game and looked like she was going to walk out on him.

Sounds like she's getting sick and tired of losing, too, and has no answers for it.

How old is she? Mid-20s? That might be ancient in "tennis player" terms, and maybe she has limited time to prove that she can improve... but we'll see.

I think that she is a talented player and more than just a pretty face. However, she needs to show the passion that she can work hard at her craft, or else she'll continue being the worst running gag in women's international sports.

Cheers,
William

Apparently Adidas has threatened to end their association and sponsorship with her if she doesn't start winning.
Maybe if she spent less time filming commercials and doing music video clips for her boyfriend and practised more, she could actually win a tournament.
Having said that it's easy for us to point the finger and say she is crap, but you really expect more from a professional sports person.

It must be tough getting by on 20 mil a year or whatever she gets. The fact that she hasn't won a singles probably gives her more publicity than if she did win a minor tourney.
Other players get jealous while she gets wealthy - sounds a fair swap to me.

she only gets paid that much to show her ass, its pathedic, i no its natural ot like someone beautiful, but sport is about talent (yeah, afl looks IS TALENT) but why play if u can't? (my opinion, don't yell 2 me or abuse me)

Originally posted by cutecub
she only gets paid that much to show her ass, its pathedic, i no its natural ot like someone beautiful, but sport is about talent (yeah, afl looks IS TALENT) but why play if u can't? (my opinion, don't yell 2 me or abuse me)

Eh??

Dodongo doesn't like her. Dodongo thinks she is overrated and only plays doubles with one of the best female tennis players in the world to get a trophy and prize money. Dodongo's eldest son Dodongo Jnr enjoys watching her play as do most guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kournikova knocked out first round at Wimbledon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back