Media KP250

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Supreme Leader, Kennedy Parker, suffers through his 250th game this weekend.

gs8tckI.gif

(With thanks to TheInjuryFactory)

Kennedy Parker has led this league as administrator TWICE. Those of us who understand the complexities of the role and the chore it can eventually become may call him mad, but KP has delivered in spades.

Very soon to be a 250 game player, Kennedy Parker has no real on-field statistics which stand out. He has dominated in services to the league though, winning a Frankston Rover (twice), leading the league twice and being admitted to the hall of fame. He has still managed four All-Sweet FA selections.

But enough from me (na not really, more from me is always good) - here is a collection of thoughts from some of the league's lesser lights:

Favourite KP Memory:

ShaunDuggan
None

JoshWoodenSpoon
I undergo weekly shock therapy to purge all memories of interacting with Kennedy Parker out of my brain.

Hate

spookism
Before I signed him

The Filth Wizard
Enjoying his first last season when he lived his dream of being a premiership captain and him saving our bacon on the grand final teamsheet deadline.

NaturalDisaster
My favourite KP memory was when he ghost wrote my admin application.

Kidding!

or am I?

Elton Johns Wig
Favourite KP memory are the name changes, some really, really ordinary stuff in there. Bless, Close Contest, yikes

KP, a Haiku:

Tonga Bob
Kennedy Parker
You have played two fiddy games
Mazel tov my friend

The Filth Wizard
KP is an elf
Uncontrollably I think.
Lisa needs braces.

JoshWoodenSpoon
once a campaigner
a thousand name changes bloom
still a campaigner

Elton Johns Wig
Sat atop a throne
Legend of the underground
Sweet omnipresence

Wosh
img_2818-gif.1847662

spookism
dear kp no one should / celebrate games in the fifties / shame on you for this

Dingster
KP was a fine admin

Achieved so many things in his career

Philreich got him at last

manangatang
Seasons come and go
Parker's wisdom freely flows
Forum's heart and soul

KP in a sentence:

ShaunDuggan
KP has been always in the shadow of ShaunDuggan and always lingering wherever Duggan goes to the point Duggan wondered whether it was worthwhile getting a restraining order but Duggan decided not to because KP has a cute avatar and is easy on the eyes but if I was to describe KP in one sentence which is this sentence I would describe KP as being easily describable because he is well known for lingering around wherever Duggan goes because Duggan is well known but all jokes aside from Duggan the best way to describe KP is he is in the top echelon of talent in the SFA.

JoshWoodenSpoon
Eat my chungus you worm.

manangatang
We're really lucky to have had KP around for so long, and I look forward to him not falling into post-Admin oblivion again.

Elton Johns Wig
Underrated just how good KP is, not just as a poster, or for his admin work, but behind closed doors an absolute gem.

Hate
Kennedy Parker is by far and away one of the most important contributors to the Sweet Football Association in its 36-season history and a great human to go with it!

The Filth Wizard
KP is the sort of person that doesn't consider 250 games a real milestone.

spookism
Slightly better than Vanilla

Not fitting into any category I asked for:

Headless
KP, well done on 250 games, and congratulations for all of your contributions to the league. Thanks for your most recent admin run, which was smooth and considered. You're comfortably one of the most influential members of Sweet in my 15+ years here. Good on you. #KPRUINS

NaturalDisaster
But in all seriousness, one thing I'll say about KP is he is very intelligent. He learnt more about Python in 4 hours in order to create the new sim program, than I was able to in a 12 week uni course (I have since crossed off Programmer from list of potential future jobs).

He is also a bloody good admin (well, the first time anyway) and a pretty decent poster. Not many have been able to go head to head with KP in a match thread and win the battle.

He is still a massive campaigner and I will always secretly hate him.

Congrats on 250.

philreich
The thing I love most about KP is his unique way of thinking, which can turn a match thread in a totally unexpected direction. After they made KP, they broke the mould.

jackster83
I remember KP from my early days in the Sweet FA, back when he was known was Cloud. He would pretty much float in to threads, drop a few grenades and then leave.

He's done a great job as Admin and as a senior poster at the Swamprats, even if his outstanding tab at the Underground bar is second only to Ant Bear.

The Last Word:
He has provided service to this league like few others. A great poster, player and leader - he has made this place better for us all. Thanks KP, for 250 of the best (excluding okeydoke7)

DenieD Kennedy Parker is a solid, above average poster with one of the better name changes in recent times, DockerDen2006 Cloud had too many few syllables.

I think he’s ambitious which is good, he debuted for the Warriors idk and left pretty soon after that which shows he would like to win something someday.

Also captained admin'd The Foolback, the Gumbies FFC hero who eliminated the Ophidian Old Boys from finals in their first season.

The run home is a He makes decent threads and he came top 3 in the admin race. Also won it.

All of which indicates that he is an above average player in the SFA, above average Gumbies captain SFA player because he has a finals win, above average admin candidate (hypothetically), above average media performer and all round above average guy.

Congrats on 250 :thumbsu:

Great stuff okeydoke7 and well deserved for someone who has done just about everything around here.
I’ve already said it in other threads but I appreciate the passion you put into your projects here Kennedy Parker and we are better for it.
Congrats on 250 👏🏻
Enjoy doing nothing for real now!

9tgqDxv.png

One of my all time personal favourites. :fire:

Regular faux sparring partners & even more regular collaborators, I came into the league with Kennedy Parker in charge and has been an omnipresent figure looming large over the league over that stretch.

The list of accolades and the kudos that comes from the mantle of being a two time league admin and a Hall of Famer speak for themselves, but KP proved to be one of the very best media purveyors the league has ever seen in S29 when he was free of the shackles of the admin role and captaincy. That season of brilliance was a mark of the quality of operator KP is when he sets his mind to it.

Congrats on 250 chano, you're one of the genuine greats of the competition. I've loved working with you on a myriad of initiatives and media bits over the years and have thoroughly enjoyed our time in committee together. Hope we do you dirty on Sunday campaigner!! 😘

#KP250

Thanks for the kind words everyone, especially to spooks and JWS ☺️

To spookism when you had your 300th The Filth Wizard requested I make you a thread celebrating your career, while I was retired.
I documented your entire career in a video and even wrote a spookism-esque fanfic for it.
Now you sit there all cool and aloof inside the Hall of Fame as a 2-time State of Origin winning captain, premiership medal as a part of the greatest premiership team ever, but deep down you will always know that...
I MADE YOU, YOU NEVER WOULD'VE GOTTEN INTO THE HALL OF FAME WITHOUT ME! 😇

To JoshWoodenSpoon, look at you man. The only back-to-back Beez winner, a brilliant poster in all aspects, stats, graphics, video creation, you can tie it into the lore of the SFA too, SPAM FL tsar. Now one of the most beloved posters in the league, and to think where it all started. You were captain of the Bears for the first time after an initial nondescript stint with the Bombers, then incurred a penalty and me in my infinite wisdom invented nonsensical concept of community service where other captains get to decide what you must do as a result of the error. Which ultimately resulted in you making a that infamous Wonderwall cover that made you a Sweet celebrity.

When we reflect on the amazing journey you have had in your time in the SFA, we really do need to appreciate the fact that...

I MADE YOU, YOU NEVER WOULD'VE GOTTEN THOSE TWO BEEZ TROPHIES IN S25 AND S26 WITHOUT ME! 😇

9tgqDxv.png

One of my all time personal favourites. :fire:

Regular faux sparring partners & even more regular collaborators, I came into the league with Kennedy Parker in charge and has been an omnipresent figure looming large over the league over that stretch.

The list of accolades and the kudos that comes from the mantle of being a two time league admin and a Hall of Famer speak for themselves, but KP proved to be one of the very best media purveyors the league has ever seen in S29 when he was free of the shackles of the admin role and captaincy. That season of brilliance was a mark of the quality of operator KP is when he sets his mind to it.

Congrats on 250 chano, you're one of the genuine greats of the competition. I've loved working with you on a myriad of initiatives and media bits over the years and have thoroughly enjoyed our time in committee together. Hope we do you dirty on Sunday campaigner!! 😘

#KP250
I keep thinking that we started around the same time for some reason, then it's mindblowing that I was admin when you were a rookie.

I am sure you will do me dirty, absolutely ruined what was my final competitive game prior to my first retirement knocking the Allies out of State of Origin at Cazaly's with a BOG for WA.

Kennedy Parker you may have said no to that one media piece I asked to produce and you may have stitched me up a beauty last beez night, but if you find a toilet in your dream don’t use it.

Anyhoo, happy two fiddy bud. May eight (8) of your wildest non-toilet related dreams* come true.

* Dreams subject to availability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think I have ever read beyond the OP! 🥹
Shantaram_: "Just like the the last Admin appointment, a gross oversight has been made today, and I for one fear that a solid contributor in Clod is about to be chewed up and spat out"

One the first page that might be one of the worst ageing calls in SFA history. 🤯

Shantaram_: "Just like the the last Admin appointment, a gross oversight has been made today, and I for one fear that a solid contributor in Clod is about to be chewed up and spat out"

One the first page that might be one of the worst ageing calls in SFA history. 🤯

SFA_hall-of-fame-22x22.png

🤝
SFA_hall-of-fame-22x22.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Media KP250

Remove this Banner Ad

Back