Krakouer broken jaw

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an interesting point - for all intents and purposes, Krakouer was over his hamstring strain but hadn't been given the all clear. Maybe he thought it was ok to have a drink.
Not yet given the all clear as of March 14, 2016 11:09 AM.

"Nathan Krakouer will have a fitness test before Round 1.

Just three players would remain in rehabilitation if he is cleared."

Capture.JPG

It's an interesting point - for all intents and purposes, Krakouer was over his hamstring strain but hadn't been given the all clear. Maybe he thought it was ok to have a drink.
I would be pretty sure the club would have sat down with all of the players prior to the weekend off and laid down clearly was was and wasn't acceptable. It is true that some are more easily led by friends and family than are others, Krak possibly being a case in point.

Silly stuff like this wouldn't happen if this years preseason schedule in particular had some sort of order in how it was arranged.

Intraclub game, 2 nab challenges, a week break, final hit out and then another week break before the season proper.. That's far too much off time for 'adults' when their sole aim should be getting prepared for the season.

Yes Kraks done the wrong thing being in the wrong place at the wrong time but from all reports it doesn't seem like anything other than breaking club protocol & being king hit from behind by some yobbo at the worst possible time to be out in town.

I'm more than willing to cut him some slack in regards to this being his 3rd chance to save his football career but the ball is in his court from now on, there's no way the coaches & playing group will give him any more chances after this indiscretion.

Recover and regain the trust from your peers Nathan.

I don't think it is but I may be a bit blind to this as I rate him so highly.
He has no history I know of of being a party boy or serial brawler, or any other undisciplined stuff. He was initially just a kid who couldn't settle in the AFL system, especially while a long way from home. Once we lured him back to Port from the earthmoving job he was doing in WA he has been everything we could hope on field.
It may turn out that this event is just one of a series of recent issues, that he remains unsettled, and that that is why he flips back and forth from the rookie list. If so then I stand corrected.

There were a few little issues in his first stint at the club, not all of them well publicised. Obviously there must have been some issues from the time he left to the time he came back. The truth is that he was drafted a decade ago and is in the top handful of talented players at our club yet started the season on the rookie list and is a relative nobody in the AFL world. There's a reason for that disconnect.

I may be totally wrong but Krak strikes me as the type of guy who needs a bit of tough love to keep him on the right track. He will not be looking forward to facing Ken, Buddha, Vossy, etc, let alone his teammates who he has badly let down. I hope it inspires him to work harder and get back into the team because we are definitely a better team with him in it.

Last edited:
it seems clear to me that players do regularly break the alcohol ban imposed on them by clubs, it would be logical to suggest there are a greater number that dont get caught than those that actually do. When you are in a club environment very rarely would you see an individual actually disagree openly about what you are doing as a team, generally the hierarchy agree on something and that is then imposed on the rest of the team, it is expected for all the team to follow when many most probably have other opinions

it seems clear to me that players do regularly break the alcohol ban imposed on them by clubs, it would be logical to suggest there are a greater number that dont get caught than those that actually do. When you are in a club environment very rarely would you see an individual actually disagree openly about what you are doing as a team, generally the hierarchy agree on something and that is then imposed on the rest of the team, it is expected for all the team to follow when many most probably have other opinions

So long as your club leaders are not breaking the rules and falling into the realm of hypocrisy, your club is going okay for mine.

Hodge lel.

He has no history I know of of being a party boy or serial brawler, or any other undisciplined stuff. He was initially just a kid who couldn't settle in the AFL system, especially while a long way from home. Once we lured him back to Port from the earthmoving job he was doing in WA he has been everything we could hope on field.
It may turn out that this event is just one of a series of recent issues, that he remains unsettled, and that that is why he flips back and forth from the rookie list. If so then I stand corrected.

My thoughts exactly. There has been nothing from the club, or rumours from outside, to suggest that his off field behaviour has not been up to scratch. Kenny would have known a fair bit about him as a person from his time at GC and if there had been any doubts about his character I doubt that Ken would have welcomed him back to Port.

As you say, if we hear differently from the club then we'll rethink.

Yeh but id take Boaky getting done for drink driving if it meant we won a flag....

Like you can even imagine Boak getting done for drink driving.

.... There has been nothing from the club, or rumours from outside, to suggest that his off field behaviour has not been up to scratch ....
I think the post* from TeeKray just a few posts back gives the perfect alternate perspective.

* post #205 at this time but deletions can change that.

If I can recall Krak had a broken hand when we rookied him last year in which the club said was due to an off field incident. This off field incident was him being in a fight at the Palais a week or two before the draft. So I think he has a bit of history with undisciplined stuff away from the club.
Hopefully he can knuckle down in his brief stint away from the club and show us the form he had last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the sixth round ban too harsh?
Krak drank alcohol while he was in rehab - which is against team rules. But was he still in rehab?
The breaking of the jaw needs more investigation. If he was at NO fault I think has been harshly dealt with.
Not a popular view, I know.[/QUOute
it sends a strong message to the rest of the players how seriously we take the standards that have been set by the club and for that reason i think the punishment is justified.

Without knowing all the facts, it's hard to say and pass judgement. As far as i know the ban was imposed by his team mates, (correct me if i am wrong) so if that's the case they must have seen it as a serious enough event. Given he has an injury from incident, it will more than likely take most of the ban to recover.

Last edited:
If I can recall Krak had a broken hand when we rookied him last year in which the club said was due to an off field incident. This off field incident was him being in a fight at the Palais a week or two before the draft. So I think he has a bit of history with undisciplined stuff away from the club.
Hopefully he can knuckle down in his brief stint away from the club and show us the form he had last year.
Problem Solved = Clearly Krak;);) needs to learn how to fight

There were a few little issues in his first stint at the club, not all of them well publicised. Obviously there must have been some issues from the time he left to the time he came back. The truth is that he was drafted a decade ago and is in the top handful of talented players at our club yet started the season on the rookie list and is a relative nobody in the AFL world. There's a reason for that disconnect.

I may be totally wrong but Krak strikes me as the type of guy who needs a bit of tough love to keep him on the right track. He will not be looking forward to facing Ken, Buddha, Vossy, etc, let alone his teammates who he has badly let down. I hope it inspires him to work harder and get back into the team because we are definitely a better team with him in it.

Did one of those ` little ' issues, involve being chosen on thursday night to play against the chooks at Prospect, and then catching the kite to Perth on friday morning, without telling the coach? ;)

4-6 weeks recovery according to Port website and he'll probably have to play SANFL given the conditioning he would have lost.

IMO the stinger isn't that he's not eligible until round 6, it's that he has to train away from the main group for 3 weeks. That would burn.

this thread....drink alcohol ...tear up contract, embarrassment

next thread....drink alcohol ...badge of honour, you the man
:confused:

It's interesting isn't it? That said no one here is an AFL footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Krakouer broken jaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back