Kurt Tippett to the Swans? **UPDATE: Tippett requests trade to Sydney***

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GC's name are back in the ring.

I reckon the Dees would pay it up, we need to meet the cap. In my opinion, he's going to the Doggies.

Name may be in the ring, but listening to Marcus Ashcroft, along with word from my own sources it isn't of their volition.
They wont be taking him unless he wants to go there so they can structure his contract to be front ended.

Davis and Bock went for double your money offer (understandable).
Gunston wanted his mummy, Tippet is just selfish.
Players were defn sick of craigy, if he stayed on i think we would've lost Walker and couple more.
Didn't dangerfield say he would walk if Craigy left also though? Who would've been the couple more?

na missed the whole course - but he isn't going to be charged so its a bit much to say he has comitted a criminal offence
My post (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...trade-to-sydney.975735/page-240#post-26211347) was in response to the question "...can someone please tell me what on earth he or his manager have done wrong?!?".
Amongst other things I pointed out " And Tippett may have committed a criminal offence"

Subsequently in response to your statement "hahaha this is comedy club stuff - "criminal offence" really which statute" I pointed to the appropriate document in this post (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...trade-to-sydney.975735/page-240#post-26211580).

I never said he had committed an offence or that he will be charged with making a false statement in a statutory declaration, merely that any suggestion that Tippett is blameless in this saga is rather far fetched.

Are we clear now?

You know who this has really made me feel sorry for? Port fans. Being the minority in that town surrounded by Crows fans ...

Think I have a new second favourite team :)

GWS will, if not them GC, if not them Melbourne, if not them WB.
Unlikely that any of the teams you named will have a selection in the PSD. Would not be a good fit at GWS. They already have two young gun forwards. GC came out today and said not interested. Melbourne signed Clarke last year for 700k to play that position. WB are rebuilding and unlikely to take a player who dosn't want to be there and pay him the big bucks.

I do hope that Brisbane take him though, because I personally am not that fussed on us getting him.

GC's name are back in the ring.

I reckon the Dees would pay it up, we need to meet the cap. In my opinion, he's going to the Doggies.

I doubt a Melbourne team would risk the huge salary demands for someone who doesn't want to play for them and wouldn't blink twice at the idea of walking out on the club as soon as his contract was up. Not impossible, but highly unlikely unless Tippett indicates he's interested in playing for them.

IMO Brisbane are the only team who would be likely to take him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Including Melbourne!
To be fair though that was when Chris Connolly was footy boss.
I remember when Chris Johnson walked out on them to go to Carlton, Connolly was threatening to redraft him in the PSD.
Every year it seemed Connolly did a bit of chest beating and it came to nought.

I doubt a Melbourne team would risk the huge salary demands for someone who doesn't want to play for them.

No team would.

These Adelaide fans that post about 10 other clubs potentially picking him up are seriously deluded.

Brisbane wont take him either unless:

1. He wants to go there all of the sudden or
2. the AFL stops him from coming to us for some reason

Bloody hell I really, REALLY hope our club steers clear of Tippett. I was never all that keen, and now he looks like trouble.

After all the slagging off between our two clubs I've suddenly come to the realization that it's the Crows supporters who are going to suffer the most through all of this, and I do feel a bit sorry for them in that regard, given it wasn't them that signed up to all this shit in the first place. Greedy players and dirty CEOs, the world's full of dickheads like this.

Don't touch Tippett Sydney. He will bring more bad than good.

Evening folks.

News here tonight reported swans backing away from tippett. Any ideas if thats the case and if so is it backing away from the trade or backing away altogether ie not drafting?

Cheers

I hope we get Tippett.
Given the disregard for ethical and honest behaviour shown by the AFC along with the disrespect they show toward players and staff I really like that Tippett wants out.
Shows he doesn't want to be part of a club and culture that places style over substance.
Sounds like a Swans man to me.

Evening folks.

News here tonight reported swans backing away from tippett. Any ideas if thats the case and if so is it backing away from the trade or backing away altogether ie not drafting?

Cheers
To be honest no one really knows. I don't think anyone from the Swans has said anything re: Tippett since the crazy stuff broke out 2 nights ago.

I doubt a Melbourne team would risk the huge salary demands for someone who doesn't want to play for them and wouldn't blink twice at the idea of walking out on the club as soon as his contract was up. Not impossible, but highly unlikely unless Tippett indicates he's interested in playing for them.

IMO Brisbane are the only team who would be likely to take him.

Maybe, maybe the Western Bulldogs with the worst conversion rate for inside 50s ever, just might stop to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back