Kurt Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Overreaction by the OP. Yes, he's on a big salary, but he would slot into every single clubs best 22 as a key forward - which is pretty bloody valuable as there's probably only a dozen guys league wide who could claim that mantle.

Still kicking a couple of goals a game and the threat he poses is not something that should be overlooked either.

Seriously... He's had 1 or 2 poor games this year.

Why don't we just start bagging Gary Ablett, he's on 1 M a year and can't even tackle.

Wtf? He was that way when he was at the crows too. Injured most of the time then would occasionally flash a bit of a good game and then disappear for a long stretch and then get injure again. Never showed up in big games for us and if you want further proof of his inability in big games watch. Last years grand final. He's gets overpaid because he can play forward and ruck. Swans will offer him a lot less money next time and he'll get shitty and demand a trade to go 'home'

Kurt as his best is unstoppable.

I'm not sure if the Sydney setup quite suits him as a FF though.

Bollocks. Ablett, Fyfe, Pendlebury at their best are unstoppable. Tippet wishes he was good enough to shine their boots.

Now being forced to help Pyke out in the ruck more often as a result of his ineffective play. Sydney know he's been a bust, and I bet their glad they have Franklin in the forward line to off set it. He'd get a game at most other clubs, but wouldn't be any sides focal point bar the Dogs and Brisbane

Lol same people who whinged we got him dismiss as a spud :p

Finally having his first consistent run since he got here

He has been playing a different role this year he is also on the end of terrible delivery

Needs to do more yes but been a frustrating run of availability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he played at Adelaide he got the best defender. That's not happening at Sydney. Should be doing more, especially being in a more successful team than Adelaide.

I'd also argue the way we play (i.e. heavy contested ball game, not 100% clean footskills) hinders the ability of key forwards to some extent.

With that said, I'm not really happy with the deal. Though if he was more fit I'd have less qualms.

When we play the Swans and they direct their forward movements to him I cheer in glee

Along with Sam Reid and now Adam Goodes I see him as being one of the Swans greatest liabilities up forward
Why? With the exception of the Grand Final Tippett generally plays pretty well against you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kurt Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back