Kyabram DFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I don't agree with the points,
if they don't handle the situation with longwood deliberately exceeding the points because the coach was sick of it, properly what's stopping the top sides from doing it exspecially at the pointy end of the season
Don't condone them breaking the rules, they just probably got sick of banging there heads against the wall.

It wasn't just Nick that was feed up but the whole committee and the playing group and Nick is being used as a scapegoat but has not received any formal reply from the AFL Goulburn Murray only advised through Facebook. Stanhope coach last year did not receive any penalty for there ineligible player in the finals last year where's the fairness in this once again AFLGM killing footy

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It wasn't just Nick that was feed up but the whole committee and the playing group and Nick is being used as a scapegoat but has not received any formal reply from the AFL Goulburn Murray only advised through Facebook. Stanhope coach last year did not receive any penalty for there ineligible player in the finals last year where's the fairness in this once again AFLGM killing footy

Hard not to feel sorry for Nick Brown , took on the big job of rebuilding Longwood and appears to have been handicapped by the points system and if he has in fact been given a fine and suspended. It would appear he has been singled out for the club trying to make their senior side more competitive.
Maybe Longwood should play their best 21 together at 12.30pm, until their points have come back enough to fit into the points cap they have been allocated.

Hard not to feel sorry for Nick Brown , took on the big job of rebuilding Longwood and appears to have been handicapped by the points system and if he has in fact been given a fine and suspended. It would appear he has been singled out for the club trying to make their senior side more competitive.
Maybe Longwood should play their best 21 together at 12.30pm, until their points have come back enough to fit into the points cap they have been allocated.

Cans of Worms must be on special this week - with free openers thrown in!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They will probably have to do it to dodge points anyway but the opportunity is there to rotate a few seniors through and help the Reserves into finals. Don't think theyve ever made finals in any grade whilst in the KDFL so it would be a pick up of morale around the place if they were too play finals.

They will probably have to do it to dodge points anyway but the opportunity is there to rotate a few seniors through and help the Reserves into finals. Don't think theyve ever made finals in any grade whilst in the KDFL so it would be a pick up of morale around the place if they were too play finals.
Should recruit to win it.

Question how many of your clubs would object to Longwood being granted more points? Heavens sake this club is one that needs assistance not a whack across the head.
They obviously have the recruits so why don't you all put in a request they be allowed to play with higher points. Bring the coach back. Ok let the $2500 fine sit which is more than Stanhope copped for the error in finals IIRC? If they go over the increased points after this then hit them with rest of the fine.
Come on get real and fix this. Someone at least try.

Question how many of your clubs would object to Longwood being granted more points? Heavens sake this club is one that needs assistance not a whack across the head.
They obviously have the recruits so why don't you all put in a request they be allowed to play with higher points. Bring the coach back. Ok let the $2500 fine sit which is more than Stanhope copped for the error in finals IIRC? If they go over the increased points after this then hit them with rest of the fine.
Come on get real and fix this. Someone at least try.
I think one of the issues is that 50 is the max points anyone can have under this system. Roar may be able to confirm that.

I think one of the issues is that 50 is the max points anyone can have under this system. Roar may be able to confirm that.
Rennie have 69 , Blighty have 60.
Neither are dominating their respective competitions by any stretch.
Can't be certain but believe their could be clubs in metro Melbourne with more than 50 ??
Maybe varying circumstances of clubs in leagues like the KDFL is so big that there needs to be greater variation to allow clubs to emerge from the bottom of the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't be certain but believe their could be clubs in metro Melbourne with more than 50 ??
Maybe varying circumstances of clubs in leagues like the KDFL is so big that there needs to be greater variation to allow clubs to emerge from the bottom of the ladder.
Right well why didn't they just give them 60 and get on with it.

T
The league is a absolute joke. Feel sorry for the club and there coach. I suggest the league and the hierarchy needs to be reviewed.

This is why the points system is flawed and will not work. Keep the salary cap but do away with the points system.
My argument is that AFLvic are paid for their roles but the clubs are ran by volunteers. There is more admin for clubs but no assistance by AFLvic!
It's hard enough to get coaches these days and if we are going to start penalising them for trying to do the best thing for their club then country footy as we know it is stuffed...

This is why the points system is flawed and will not work. Keep the salary cap but do away with the points system.
My argument is that AFLvic are paid for their roles but the clubs are ran by volunteers. There is more admin for clubs but no assistance by AFLvic!
It's hard enough to get coaches these days and if we are going to start penalising them for trying to do the best thing for their club then country footy as we know it is stuffed...
I think the Points system is fine but it just needs to be set per each Clubs circumstances/background. They haven't had junior teams in their previous League so converting players back to 1 point becomes tough. Also why would Undera and Nagambue for example have the same points to play with? Nagambie is a big town and Undera hardly has anything there. Common sense would say have Nagambie around the 38 mark and Undera 47. I think the Cap is a form of restriction where the Cap is yet to be shown to be anything but bluff. I heard they aren't even checking Clubs books until October. With Full Time employees they should be checking spending every 4 weeks to advise a Club your on target to stay under or your over you need to make adjustments. Still not bullet proof but a higher accountability has to be in place than checking the books after the Season is done sutely.

I think the Points system is fine but it just needs to be set per each Clubs circumstances/background. They haven't had junior teams in their previous League so converting players back to 1 point becomes tough. Also why would Undera and Nagambue for example have the same points to play with? Nagambie is a big town and Undera hardly has anything there. Common sense would say have Nagambie around the 38 mark and Undera 47. I think the Cap is a form of restriction where the Cap is yet to be shown to be anything but bluff. I heard they aren't even checking Clubs books until October. With Full Time employees they should be checking spending every 4 weeks to advise a Club your on target to stay under or your over you need to make adjustments. Still not bullet proof but a higher accountability has to be in place than checking the books after the Season is done sutely.
Too true given that Longwood wasn't expected to field juniors and has busted a clacker to get it happening. Some of their young blokes are now playing Seniors. The suspension and fine is a death by a thousand cuts and the stance was likely what might be termed "civil disobedience". One would hope that AFLGM are equally as diligent with other indiscretions like those magical match payments.

Too true given that Longwood wasn't expected to field juniors and has busted a clacker to get it happening. Some of their young blokes are now playing Seniors. The suspension and fine is a death by a thousand cuts and the stance was likely what might be termed "civil disobedience". One would hope that AFLGM are equally as diligent with other indiscretions like those magical match payments.

I believe that some of there 4 point players aren't even being paid maybe an AFLGM agenda similar to the Tatong and Swanpool shut down the leggers they are from the old bdfl

I believe that some of there 4 point players aren't even being paid maybe an AFLGM agenda similar to the Tatong and Swanpool shut down the leggers they are from the old bdfl

I've absolutely no doubt that Longwood is well under the salary cap. I'm sure that every other club in the KDF AND HELL can put their hand on heart and state the same (to this point in the season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back